?
Page 14 of 14 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14
Topic Options
#48958 - 02/28/13 06:03 PM Re: Random Thoughts [Re: Stefanie]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: Stefanie
I'm sure he appreciated that. smile Did he have to supply his own rifle, too; or do the officers just need a shotgun and a handgun?

Right just Handgun and Shotgun, but also their Tasers, and they have to pay for their own refill cartridges my Son said ( I believe )
it's $25 for one of those taser refills cartridges.
So Cops are reluctant to use them... this is of course contrary to popular belief ...

Edited by BWBODDY (02/28/13 10:01 PM)

Advertisement
#49002 - 03/01/13 01:25 PM Re: Random Thoughts [Re: BWBODDY]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
That's exactly why I don't own a Taser. I have a couple of stun guns, but they operate differently than Tasers. They run off of batteries and there's no physical projection, although you do have to be much closer (practically arms length) to use them. Actually, I rarely carry a stun gun, even though one of mine is concealable.

#49003 - 03/01/13 02:40 PM Re: Random Thoughts [Re: Stefanie]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

That's exactly why I don't own a Taser. I have a couple of stun guns, but they operate differently than Tasers. They run off of batteries and there's no physical projection, although you do have to be much closer (practically arms length) to use them. Actually, I rarely carry a stun gun, even though one of mine is concealable.

Just the other day I ordered 3 Stun Guns ( from the BUDK catalog )
one for my Wife and one each for my Daughter and Daughter in-law.
Theyíll get theirs for Christmas ( the daughters )

Even though the Daughter in-law is married to our Son ( the Cop )
Weíre the oneís getting her a Stun Gun.. I just think thatís funny

Oh, just FYI, since weíve been talking weapons
Since Iím disabled ( Back Injury during Military service ) I have Canes and Cane Swords.
90% of the time I look like anyone else walking around, but Iím in chronic pain, soI carry a Cane around ( about half the time )
just in case I move in anyway that would cause me drop to the floor in "REAL" get me some Demerol pain.

Real World example: If you were to yell out my name from behind me, and I turned quickly, that could ( and has ) caused me to hit the floor.

So, if I am not in a place where Weapons are prohibited, and I have a Cane with me, than it is a Cane Sword.
And not those cheap $19 ones, Iím talking $90-$130 oneís.

#49034 - 03/02/13 10:13 AM Re: Random Thoughts [Re: BWBODDY]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Hate to hear about your injury, but your service is appreciated. smile

Burger Canes and Boris Palatnik have some nice high-end models. I have a couple of old ones... I think they're both from Cold Steel, but I've never had a chance to use them. Over the years, I've bought just about every type of weapon that's legal (and that I can afford). I keep several Japanese style weapons (katana, yari, naginata) on display in my bedroom. Some things are just too pretty to lock up.

Oh, and I did get a chance to stop by a local gun shop. They had a Bersa Thunder .380 with a black finish and a wrap-around grip (no finger grooves, thank goodness), as well as a Beretta 84 Cheetah (also a double stack magazine model) for direct comparison. I admit that the Bersa did feel great. It's well balanced, not too heavy (unloaded), and has a nice look. However, I much prefer the Beretta's safety lever, which allows it to operate more like the single actions I'm used to, even though it's a double action. Price-wise, the Bersa is almost half as much, although they're both over-priced because of the recent hysteria.

#49543 - 03/13/13 04:14 PM Re: Random Thoughts [Re: Stefanie]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

From The Onion... Iowa Fashion Week Begins

"'This is the cutting edge of Iowa style,' Cathcart added." LOL!!!!

Sorry, but I just couldn't resist. However, in the interest of fair play... Tennessee Legislature Divided Over Ford-Chevy Issue

"The current car-and-truck brand-loyalty schism is the state's most severe legislative bottleneck since the Remington-Winchester shotgun debates of the '50s. It is also widely believed to be its worst automotive divide since the infamous Camaro-Mustang feuds of the early '70s."

#49546 - 03/13/13 04:35 PM Re: Random Thoughts [Re: Stefanie]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

From The Onion... Iowa Fashion Week Begins

"'This is the cutting edge of Iowa style,' Cathcart added." LOL!!!!

Sorry, but I just couldn't resist. However, in the interest of fair play... Tennessee Legislature Divided Over Ford-Chevy Issue

"The current car-and-truck brand-loyalty schism is the state's most severe legislative bottleneck since the Remington-Winchester shotgun debates of the '50s. It is also widely believed to be its worst automotive divide since the infamous Camaro-Mustang feuds of the early '70s."
laugh.......

Page 14 of 14 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.