Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#71790 - 07/07/14 09:57 AM Re: Manga you want to see licensed? [Re: joelgundam01]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
That sounds really cool… but you had me at the fifth paragraph.

Advertisement
#72377 - 07/20/14 12:53 AM Re: Manga you want to see licensed? [Re: joelgundam01]
JimBobYoo Offline
UPSF Ensign

To Love Ru! I want to buy the manga in English so bad. I don't understand how it hasn't been licensed in America. T-T

#72393 - 07/20/14 11:08 AM Re: Manga you want to see licensed? [Re: JimBobYoo]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: JimBobYoo
To Love Ru! I want to buy the manga in English so bad. I don't understand how it hasn't been licensed in America. T-T
Right on JimBobYoo. From what I've heard/read/seen on the net, To Love Ru's manga is pretty racy. Welcome to Anime Today JimBobYoo.

#72404 - 07/20/14 11:59 AM Re: Manga you want to see licensed? [Re: JimBobYoo]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY

It's because it's too long. Long series don't usually do well up here, because the sales slowly decrease after each volume release.

The first series is 18 volumes long and Darkness is about another 10 volumes and still ongoing.

It's the same with Freezing, which is 24 volumes and still going strong.

Edited by joelgundam01 (07/20/14 12:00 PM)

#72479 - Today at 02:24 PM Re: Manga you want to see licensed? [Re: joelgundam01]
RosexRevolution Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Missouri
I'd really like somebody to pick Maid Sama! back up, and it'd be nice if Princess Jellyfish and Chihiyafuru could be licensed as well.

#72483 - Today at 02:40 PM Re: Manga you want to see licensed? [Re: joelgundam01]
sevi Online
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01

It's because it's too long. Long series don't usually do well up here, because the sales slowly decrease after each volume release.

The first series is 18 volumes long and Darkness is about another 10 volumes and still ongoing.

It's the same with Freezing, which is 24 volumes and still going strong.

Though, obviously, there are exceptions. Viz has published titles that are way longer.
Mostly of the shonen genre. Some of which are well over 60 volumes by now.
Yen Press also seems willing to take chances on longer running series. And they're always willing to take licensing suggestions.
Kodansha has Fairy Tail which is pretty long as well. Though that seems to be an exception with them more than anything.
So, it's more a combination of genre and length. Although, considering how well Monster Musume is selling, that could change.

#72484 - Today at 04:32 PM Re: Manga you want to see licensed? [Re: sevi]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: sevi
Though, obviously, there are exceptions. Viz has published titles that are way longer.
Yen Press also seems willing to take chances on longer running series. And they're always willing to take licensing suggestions.
Kodansha has Fairy Tail which is pretty long as well. Though that seems to be an exception with them more than anything.
So, it's more a combination of genre and length. Although, considering how well Monster Musume is selling, that could change.

Of course, but those are either Shonen Jump titles or are works from a well known mangaka (Fairy Tale falls into the latter).

Viz has dropped many long manga series in the past, because of poor sales.

#72488 - Today at 05:22 PM Re: Manga you want to see licensed? [Re: joelgundam01]
sevi Online
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01

Of course, but those are either Shonen Jump titles or are works from a well known mangaka (Fairy Tale falls into the latter).

Viz has dropped many long manga series in the past, because of poor sales.

Well, that's why I said genre has usually been a factor.
Although, considering how long Viz has been around, I wouldn't say they've dropped that many titles. The only ones I can think of are Kurohime, Gintama, Shakugan no Shana and Katekyo Hitman Reborn!. And the last one only sold poorly because the fans didn't like the translation. Not because of the length of the series.

#72491 - Today at 05:42 PM Re: Manga you want to see licensed? [Re: sevi]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Although, considering how long Viz has been around, I wouldn't say they've dropped that many titles. The only ones I can think of are Kurohime, Gintama, Shakugan no Shana and Katekyo Hitman Reborn!. And the last one only sold poorly because the fans didn't like the translation. Not because of the length of the series.

There's also Beat The Vandel Buster, I''s, and Strawberry 100%, which instantly pop into my mind.

Edited by joelgundam01 (Today at 05:43 PM)

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.