Start Shopping! Cart
Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
#79900 - 01/14/15 11:53 PM Re: Wii U [Re: kiku]
kadosho Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Arizona USA
I snagged a copy of Bayonetta 2 on release day. Sadly I don't own a WiiU yet. But I'm waiting a bit till next price drop. Up front is scary. My heart leapt out of my chest when I saw it. On a side note, I did snag Metroid Other M + Prime Corruption. (I held off buying either one because I don't own a Wii either).

However I do own a Gamecube. It feels weird to say its been years since there's been a fun cube system. And a Cel-da, with happy Metroids right beside it.

Advertisement
#79968 - 01/16/15 11:55 AM Re: Wii U [Re: kadosho]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: kadosho
I snagged a copy of Bayonetta 2 on release day. Sadly I don't own a WiiU yet. But I'm waiting a bit till next price drop. Up front is scary. My heart leapt out of my chest when I saw it. On a side note, I did snag Metroid Other M + Prime Corruption. (I held off buying either one because I don't own a Wii either).

However I do own a Gamecube. It feels weird to say its been years since there's been a fun cube system. And a Cel-da, with happy Metroids right beside it.
Corruption is so prime, if you know what I mean. The thing is, if you're gonna play corruption; you may wanna jump for the Metroid Prime Trilogy game. It has Prime, Prime 2 Echoes, and Prime 3 Corruption; all on one disc. Plus, the prior two Cube titles have been reworked to work seemlessly with the Wiimote. Pure bliss in my book.

#80002 - 01/18/15 02:04 AM Re: Wii U [Re: kiku]
kadosho Offline

I heard about that, but the cost is a bit much. I don't mind my GC editions of Prime 1 & 2

#80020 - 01/18/15 10:30 AM Re: Wii U [Re: kadosho]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Absolutely. They're both amazing titles. No matter how many times I play Metroid Prime; when I first enter the Phendrana Drifts, the haunting and serene music washes over me; and as I begin to explore the starkly beautiful area, I'm overcome by a sense of wonder and wanderlust as the Flickerbats stream overhead… then I run into a Sheegoth and flee in terror, until I can gather myself; and a little courage. Oh, and the Ice Beam in Metroid Prime is debatably the coolest weapon in video games; ever. The cold steam that just sorta falls off of it as you explore, the ice that forms on it as you charge the beam, the way said ice accumulation subsequently shatters off and falls in a bazillion tiny crystals when you fire said beam, combining it with missiles Super Missile style to throw the next Ice Age at your foes; yeah...

#80052 - 01/19/15 02:26 AM Re: Wii U [Re: kiku]
kadosho Offline

That's the type of level design alot of games are missing lately. Sure graphics is one thing, but the Prime Engine was astounding for what it could display. Even within a small console, so much atmosphere, and inertia at every turn. It didn't feel cut n' paste nor needed a patch just to play it.

I read about Other M's glitch that could end a game save from friends @ Metroid Database. Scary stuff. But backtracking is a cornerstone of M since the beginning. I guess Team Ninja got too far ahead and didn't think it through.

I am curious though if M V will ever see the light of day on this system. heck I would love Platinum Games to even take a chance with MV =D

#80061 - 01/19/15 10:21 AM Re: Wii U [Re: kadosho]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: kadosho
That's the type of level design alot of games are missing lately. Sure graphics is one thing, but the Prime Engine was astounding for what it could display. Even within a small console, so much atmosphere, and inertia at every turn. It didn't feel cut n' paste nor needed a patch just to play it.

I read about Other M's glitch that could end a game save from friends @ Metroid Database. Scary stuff. But backtracking is a cornerstone of M since the beginning. I guess Team Ninja got too far ahead and didn't think it through.

I am curious though if M V will ever see the light of day on this system. heck I would love Platinum Games to even take a chance with MV =D
Just to quell your fears. I've played through Other M a few times, and haven't had any problems.

#80074 - 01/19/15 01:53 PM Re: Wii U [Re: kiku]
kadosho Offline

@kiku hehe good to hear, does it require an update to play?

#80091 - 01/19/15 11:09 PM Re: Wii U [Re: kadosho]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I never hooked my Wii up to the net, so no. Although, updates were administered to the Wii sometimes on new game discs when they are first put in the Wii; so I may have gotten updates and not even been aware. It's all way over my head. Like I said before, I've never had any such problems with my Wii. I did retire my first Wii last year though, and haven't played the current one much. I've been on a retro kick lately. If I run into any problems, I would imagine I would simply have to put some of my old games in it once. Come to think of it, I think said disc updates were more for the Wii's features such as Netflix; more than game bug fixes.

#80138 - 01/20/15 10:47 PM Re: Wii U [Re: kiku]
kadosho Offline

Hmm maybe Nintendo is learning, and evolving with each system after all. I think Sony and Microsoft need to look into their level of console design.

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2015 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.