Start Shopping! Cart
Page 143 of 143 < 1 2 ... 141 142 143
Topic Options
#78331 - 12/11/14 08:28 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
Happy Birthday Jingraves Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Arkansas
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
Originally Posted By: Jingraves
I keep wanting to call EricDent, Harvey for some reason.

Same Here, I think it all the time laugh ....

Hahaha, me too. I think of it whenever I see the name lol.

I'll lose it if some one has a name like Ratman or Catman and posts close to him.

Advertisement
#78394 - 12/12/14 01:19 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Obviously my parents never read Batman when they were growing up...
My brother is named Jason, and my sister was Sara.

Though with my last name being Dent, I do ask my customers that have famous last names, if they are related to those people.
You never know who you will run into at a huge store like the one I work at.
Steve Harvey's Nephew, Jessica Alba's 3rd Cousin, Andy Griffith's Nephew, a guy named Carl Swartzenegger, and a few former NFL/NHL players all have come to my register.
Also a lady that had the last name Garriot, as in Sir Richard Garriot the creator of the Ultima series (she said he was her brother IIRC).

So I finished the Godzilla Animated Series.
It must have gotten cancelled or something, cause after 40 episodes it just ends.
No resolution, no tying up loose ends, nada.

They were trying to make romantic relationships between certain characters, and show characters growing.

Obviously very monster of the week, and pretty goofy sometimes.
Might be a show to watch once in a while.
Good thing I didn't pay full price for it.

Going to go see the last Hobbit movie this coming Thursday.
My family is probably going to see either the Angelina Jolie directed movie about a guy from WWI & WWII, or a movie about codebreakers in WWII for Christmas Day.

#78400 - 12/12/14 02:44 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: EricDent

My Dad did, that's why my name is BRUCE WAYNE Boddy.
He even said he named my after Batman laugh

I'm going to see the first local showing of it ( 7:30pm ) on 12-16-14, I can't wait ...

#78519 - 12/14/14 11:18 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Oh, I forgot one rather interesting customer.
An old lady came to my register, with the last name of Burton.
So I asked if she was related to Tim Burton, she immediately (without hesitation) said "no I'm Richard Burton's Daughter".
Not sure how old she was (he had 4 kids BTW).

Anyhow I hope our internet friendship turns out way better than Harvey & Bruce in the Batman universe.

Today I went to get a pizza and got some movies at Redbox.

This time I went with 3 very different movies:

First up we had Mr. Peobody & Sherman.
Based on the shorts off the Rocky & Bulwinkle show.
It was cute, and the CGI worked pretty well for the animation.
The story was fun, and the various historical characters were funny.
Especially Agamenmon (who was voiced by the guy who did Joe Swanson on Family Guy). Even had a quick cameo of Bill Clinton (maybe even his real voice). It was a fun movie, and the kids (if you have any) would probably like it.

Then to totally switch gears we had The Expendables 3.
Lots of decent action, some amusing one liners from the old guys (though not as fun as the 2nd one), and of course the good guys kick bad guy butt.
Mel Gibson, Harrison Ford, and Antonio Bandaras were great.
The new guys were decent (Rhonda Rousey was easily the best of the bunch).
Plus Wesley Snipes looks like he could easily go again as Blade (seriously he hasn't ages a day...)
Decent rental, but glad I didn't see it in the theater.

Then we switch gears yet again to Jersey Boys.
The semi-true story of Frankie Vali & The Four Seasons.
Apparently the actors actually sang the songs (sounded pretty good).
Fun references to Joe Pecci, and Frank Sinatra.
Overall it was a good movie with great music, a few sad parts, and a cool "Broadway" style ending.
Christopher Walken was involved, and this was directed & produced by Clint Eastwood (who had a bit of a cameo in an old movie that was on the TV screen).

#78533 - 12/15/14 11:11 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Happy Birthday Jingraves Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Arkansas
Upset I don't have any think cool like being named after a super hero or anything.
I just have a K instead of a C, so everyone used it as my nickname because I introduced myself that way; "Hi, I'm Jakob with a K."

#78548 - 12/15/14 03:50 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Having that last name Dent isn't always fun, when I was in elementary school, people would say stuff like "dent in the head", "dent in the brain", etc.

#78631 - 12/16/14 09:42 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

My Dad did, that's why my name is BRUCE WAYNE Boddy.
He even said he named my after Batman laugh

I'm going to see the first local showing of it ( 7:30pm ) on 12-16-14, I can't wait ...
I just got back from watching it, and it was quite good !

#78642 - 12/17/14 10:26 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I just got back from watching it, and it was quite good !

Oh I didnít say much last night because I was kind of at a loss for words really,
a somethings happened that took everyone by surprise if the crowd reaction is an indicator.
Itís been so long since I read the Book ( but I do still have them all ) to recall what happened,
so I was as surprised as everyone else.

The End of the Battle was like a Greek Tragedy ....

Please do not look !
Okay, I warned you !

Click to reveal..
For the 3 heirs to the Kingdom under the Mountain, they all 3 were killed in the Battle of the 5 Armies.
Yes Oakenshield and his 2 nephews

And once again the Eagles show up to save J. R. R. Tolkien from the corner heís written himself into
( well chronologically itís only the 2nd time, but we already know whatís to come in The Lord of the Rings )

Don't read anything negative into what I'm saying, I still loved it and plan on seeing it again !

#78694 - Yesterday at 05:56 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

The book is WAY different than the movie.
Mostly due to a certain incident that blocks out the best parts of this movie.
Click to reveal..
in the book Bilbo is the narrator and he gets KOed, so it never describes the battle.
Also in the book Beorn is a buddy of Thorin and HE kills Bolg (Azog isn't in the book).
There's also ZERO females in the book, so it's a bit of a "sausage fest".
Other differences IIRC:
Wasn't wargs/orcs that chased them up the trees, but normal wolves
Obviously never describes why Gandalf left them at the entrance to Mirkwood
Bilbo is the one who tricks the trolls until morning, but Gandalf isn't involved
The reason the Dwarves get captured is cause they are lost and they try to get food from the elves who keep randomly showing up
The whole thing with the dwarves inside the mountain with Smaug never happens
Bilbo takes a small item, and escapes so the dragon thinks he went to lake town
Smaug is killed with a normal arrow that just happens to have black feathers

Anyhow I just got back from the 2D showing of that movie, and must say it was very good.
I think all the "negative" reviews (for a bit it was "rotten" on Rotten Tomatoes) are from people who get bent out of shape over the silliest stuff.

Page 143 of 143 < 1 2 ... 141 142 143

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.