What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

Posted by: kiku

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/13/13 01:59 PM

This topic's title speaks for itself. What are you playing? Wanna talk about it? Let's here about it. Is it a grandiose RPG with more skill branches and synergies than you can shake a stick at? Are you hell on wheels in the world's hottest rally? Tell us about it. Maybe you're lost in the most infuriatingly labyrinthine dungeon crawler with no hope of escape... and you couldn't be happier. Maybe the supposed world record was just put to rest in your latest puzzle game; or maybe you've just discovered that you can, in fact, fire one million rounds per second in a space shooter. If your just plain havin' fun playing a video game, this is the topic to talk about in...

...which of course, brings me to the game that I recently started playing. It's a little gem on the Nintendo DS called Monster Tale. I can't remember the last time I had this much fun playing a video game. It's got a feeling reminiscent of Earthbound, yet plays a little like Super Metroid or one of the DS Castlevania titles. If you look and listen real hard, there's a little well played humor to be found. During my last sitting, the dialogue ever so subtly broke the fourth wall. Oh and cuteness, yes cuteness this game has in droves. Ellie is my new favorite character. Imagine if you will, Arumi Asahina from Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi; after undergoing nazi supersoldier moe training (kidding). She's got that super kawaiii sorta white shirt/dress thing going on. She fights with a Band (Mysterious Power Bracelet) and her Satchel among other things. Apparently later on she'll use her fists. Much combat can be relegated to the title's namesake Monster: Chomp. Feeding/raising Chomp is a cute and rewarding experience. Call me old school, but I can have just as much or more fun on a handheld as I can on a moniter.
Posted by: Cheap One

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/13/13 02:41 PM

Currently have a three game cycle going on right now.

On my Gamecube
Wind Waker: Working on getting all the little figures in the Nintendo Gallery and returning to this game has reminded me of how much I hate sailing in it. King Of Red Lions is the worst. So hope they improve sailing in the HD version.

On my Xbox360
Switching between DOA5. Which I am mainly just playing online in lobbies with strangers and friends. Going with my main Hitomi and switching between my sub Kokoro and I am really starting to like Eliot. If Eliot had nice tag throws with Hitomi I might be more willing to give him the sub spot, but Kokoro is saved by her tag throws with Hitomi.

Also throwing in Assassin's Creed: Revelations. Mainly doing little side stuff to push for 100% the game. Last night I just finally got Vlad's sword. Don't know what took me so long to go and get it.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/13/13 02:55 PM

The sailing never really got to me in the Wind Waker. It made it all the more rewarding when you finally reached a destination or far off island, especially those deep dungeonswith all the battles. G?? d??? the Master Sword was cool in that game!
Posted by: joelgundam01

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/14/13 04:07 PM

I'm currently shuffling between four games on the PS3.

Zen Pinball 2 - I always play this title at least once a week, since I have 28 tables to choose from.

Pinball Arcade - Three new tables recently released (Twilight Zone, Big Shot and Scared Stiff), so I dusted this game off again.

Metal Gear Solid 2 HD - I had this game for the PS2, but it feels like a brand new game with the HD upgrade.

Nights Into Dreams HD - This is one of those games, that I always wanted to buy but never had the chance to until now. I had the Saturn and I had the demo of the game (came with the system), but none of the local stores carried it and online shopping didn't exist back then for me.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/14/13 04:27 PM

I played the original Nights Into Dreams extensively. I loved it. I loved my Saturn for that matter.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/14/13 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By: kiku
I played the original Nights Into Dreams extensively. I loved it. I loved my Saturn for that matter.

The HD version is light years better. It contains the original Saturn version (looks like crap) and a full reworked HD version (called New Dream). New Dream got a huge face lift that contains so much more detail.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/14/13 05:00 PM

It was vanguard when it was released.
Posted by: dark_producer

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/17/13 03:45 PM

Playing Ni No Kuni, so far it's pretty good

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/20/13 07:19 PM

I just defeated the final boss: Priscilla, in Monster Tale. She was surprisingly easy. I only died once. She was quite possibly the easiest boss in the game. All of the others brought about my demise several times before I could finally defeat them. There were several sub-boss (gang-fight) scenarios that tested my skills (and patience) as well.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/20/13 07:49 PM

Monster Tale had quite an impressive lineup of voice actors:

Brina Palencia
Cynthia Cranz
Leah Clark
Monical Rial
Tia Ballard
Todd Haberkorn

BTW; whilst investigating, I found this website: Behind The Voice Actors (pretty cool).

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/21/13 09:16 AM

Magical Starsign

It's pretty fun so far. It's got very strong "Super Mario RPG" flavor to it. It makes remarkable use of the stylus. You can actually play the entire game with the stylus alone.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/21/13 07:31 PM

I'm having a blast with Magical Starsign. I found myself laughin out loud at some of the (written) dialogue and scenorio's today.
Posted by: sevi

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/22/13 12:03 AM

I'm having a blast with Magical Starsign. I found myself laughin out loud at some of the (written) dialogue and scenorio's today.

Glad to know there's another person out there that enjoys Magical Starsign. In my opinion it's one of the most underrated games out there for the DS. Well, that and The Glory of Heracles.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/23/13 01:16 AM

I'm still trying to get the hang of the Super Mario RPG-esque active battle system. I've got the timing down fairly well for the spells, but my timing for the physical attacks needs polishing.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/23/13 01:24 AM

Have you ever played The World Ends With You? The battle system on that game is brutal. You have to control a character on the bottom screen via stylus while simultaneously controlling a second character on the top screen with the buttons. It would be like playing DDR while trying to play Guitar Hero at the same time.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/23/13 01:28 AM

I actually got pretty d??? good at The World Ends With You... after a lot of practice. It was easy to practice, cuz Shiki was sooo cute.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/23/13 02:12 AM

It was probably hard for me cause I get hypoglycemic induced tremors to the point where I have intense hand spasms. At one point my gym teacher in middle school told my mother she thought I had Parkinson's disease because of them.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/23/13 10:32 AM

I have a friend whose hand shakes. Not all the time, but somewhat often. He has diabetes. He seems to find relief by resting his hand on a solid surface, like a table top or armrest.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/09/13 09:40 PM

As always! All games are on the PS3.

Star Wars Pinball - Available for $10 on the PSN for Zen Pinball 2 (Free). This table pack contains 3 very addictive tables (Episode V, Boba Fett and Clone Wars).

Clone Wars is the most easiest table when it comes to scoring, but has some very difficult missions. Episode V is the most complexed in design, but is the second easiest out of the pack. Bob Fett is the most difficult out of the bunch, but it's also the most original. There's quite a few unique play mechanics on the table.

Zone of the Enders HD Collection - I forgot how addicting these two games are. I haven't played them in a few year, but they look great with the HD upgrades. If you guys have seen the anime, then it's worth checking out these two games.
Posted by: Animejr

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/11/13 07:56 AM

Currently still playing skyrim after finally beating dragons dogma. However i plan on playing dragons dogma again soon before the expansion arrives. Between these 2 games i really dont have time to play other games. The new monster hunter will also be one of the new titles i play
Posted by: Gevin

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/11/13 10:51 AM

I'm 97% done with Tomb Raider. I'll complete it after work tonight. I pray for some solid DLC at reasonable prices.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/11/13 10:02 PM

After about 30 or more hours, I gave up on Magical Starsign (DS). There just wasn't enough there to hold my interest. Now I'm on to Children Of Mana (DS) and I'm having a blast!
Posted by: casualfun

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/19/13 11:33 AM

Im currently playing free slots
Posted by: stargates

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/19/13 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Gevin
I'm 97% done with Tomb Raider. I'll complete it after work tonight. I pray for some solid DLC at reasonable prices.

What are your thoughts on this one? I haven't picked it up yet but i'm wanting to soon.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/19/13 02:31 PM

I 100%ed the game! Really awesome! Again, I'd love to have some DLC.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/21/13 02:17 AM

I'm about 20 hours into Children Of Mana and it's beginning to lose it's luster.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/22/13 01:12 AM

The Legendary Starfy

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/26/13 09:40 PM

Bioshock Infinite!!!!! lol, sooooooo much fun!

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/26/13 11:32 PM

Radiant Historia

I'm only scratching the surface of this game, and I'm bewildered; in a good way. I'm so happy that I got my hands on this title. I'm starting to get a better grasp of the combat system and the use of the White Chronicle. Stocke is an excellent main character. I really dig the ability to move (force) the enemy around the battlefield, which Stocke excels at.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/29/13 11:33 AM

I'm really trying to wrap my head around the alternate reality timeline thing goin' on in Radiant Historia. Thank goodness I watched Fringe, elsewise I might be totally lost. My head hurts... and I love it! Now if only this mystrious dude (dudette?) would stop causing trouble with his (her?) Black Chronicle, I'd be gold.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/29/13 11:41 AM

I'm still mainly playing Etrian Odyssey 4(mainly just level grinding right now) and DOA5. Though I am very excited to start Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge next week. More then likely going to drop both EO4 and DOA5 till I beat it.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/29/13 12:02 PM

Any tips for the Etrian Odyssey franchise? It's a daunting task indeed. eek I might try my hand at EOIII after Radiant Historia, apparently EOII is brutal and EOI has less mapmaking features being the first in the series; making EOIII a perfect fit to get started in. I'm excited about the map feature. You can tell that this series was simply born for the DS. EO harkens back to the days of scrawling on graph paper. Spongegar fwee fwee! crazy Etrian Odyssey will probably be the next game that I play, considering that Pandora's Tower got pushed back to April 17th. mad I read on a forum somewhere that it was to facilitate including Japanese dialogue or subtitles or something, which is kinda cool.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/29/13 12:09 PM

It's a fun little series. Mainly playing newer RPG titles before it kind of hit me hard with being use to the full recovery after battles and no longer having that kind of hurt me early on. The map making feature is fun and gives you reason to explore the whole dungeon. I would also suggest not moving onto another dungeon till you can handle the monsters pretty easily in the current one you are in. As each new dungeon, well to be honest each new floor in said dungeon has things that hit harder and faster.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/29/13 12:38 PM

Thanks Cheap One. Much appreciated. Here's a reward: Missy The Bartender from the Blue Butterfly in Etrian Odyssey III.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/29/13 12:54 PM

Missy The Bartender from the Blue Butterfly in Etrian Odyssey III.

Missy is right, that is a very nice necklace.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/29/13 01:12 PM

Laughing so hard! laugh

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/29/13 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Cheap One
Missy The Bartender from the Blue Butterfly in Etrian Odyssey III.

Missy is right, that is a very nice necklace.
BTW that pic is effectively my desktop on my computer. I dug up what appears to be a legit Atlus wallpaper of that scene. It's quite well done, beautiful color palette. It's not digital at all, and Missy is in the foreground drawn perfectly; in all her anime-esque glory. There are a few blue butterflys going over the borders, sweet wallpaer. It goes well with the some odd 142 wallpapers form EO I - III that I got from Atlus' website to use for a screensavers. They're all the different characters. Heck there's even some sorta Beast Class from EO II featuring a Bear, a Panda(ish) Bear, a Wolf, and a (Sabretooth?) Tiger. Plus, more Loli's than you can shake a stick at. Apparently there's usually four (skins?) for each class. BTW I think they have ones for Etrian Odyssey IV as well.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/29/13 02:04 PM

Yea, in EO4 you have 4 skins to pick for your characters 2 females 2 males. With 2 color choices for each skin. I of course mainly have an all female team with them named after anime/DOA girls.
Posted by: ZombyBob

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/29/13 07:42 PM

Dark Souls and League of Legends are eating up my life currently, with occasional breaks to play some co-op Dead Space 3 and Borderlands 2. BTW, I spend alot of my time on Dead Space 3 tinkering with the build a gun feature, cause it's awesome and addictive.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/30/13 01:33 AM

Yea, in EO4 you have 4 skins to pick for your characters 2 females 2 males. With 2 color choices for each skin. I of course mainly have an all female team with them named after anime/DOA girls.
Oh man, now you've got me even more excited. I love doin' s??? like that.
Posted by: dark_producer

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/01/13 11:18 AM

im jumping between Hyperdimension Neptunia V and an imported version of Wangan Midnight.
Posted by: Stefanie

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/01/13 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By: ZombyBob
Dark Souls...

For my tastes, Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are the two best games that were released for the PS3. I'm looking forward to Dark Souls 2.

Originally Posted By: ZombyBob
...Dead Space 3...

I still haven't gotten around to buying Mass Effect 3, Dead Space 3, and Bioshock Infinite (Bioshock 3), but I intend to. As much as I enjoyed the previous games in those three series, its difficult to avoid getting into Dark Souls whenever I turn on my PS3. I suppose I want to enjoy it as much as I can while there's still traffic. Once Dark Souls 2 comes out, co-op play in Dark Souls will drastically decrease, as it did with Demon's Souls. Although, I am curious to see how much Dead Space 3 improved the multiplayer experience over Dead Space 2.

Once Dragon Age 3 comes out (supposedly, 2013), I'll be dedicated to that for a while. Fallout 4 hasn't even been announced, but that will be another one that occupies lots of my time, assuming that Bethesda has learned its lesson from Fallout 3.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/02/13 02:02 PM

Bioshock Infinite is amazing, though I will warn that it has zero puzzle minigames (hacking) and is instead much more about offering a rich story, atmosphere, and FPS adventure. You still have magic abilities & all that, ..just don't expect to have security cameras or drones working for you.
Posted by: EricDent

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/02/13 06:57 PM

I recently beat Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, & Puzzle Quest 2.

Been messing with the 2010 version of the Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship game.

Gave up on Blue Dragon Awakened Shadow (way too many "go find this item" quests).

Been playing Luigi's Mansion for 3DS a bit, so far it's pretty fun.

Gave away some random Pokemon eggs a bit before Easter, but not too many takers (over on GameFAQs).

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/03/13 01:26 PM

Dead or Alive 5 (PS3 version)

Good lord! I'm really hooked on this game. It's been a while since I've been hooked on fighter like this. The last one was Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend.

I completed the Story mode, which feels very similar to the Mortal Kombat's (2011) story mode. The story itself is a mix bag. It's very detailed, but since I haven't played a DOA game since DOA2: Hardcore on the PS2. It feels like I'm missing out on some of the background story that ran through DOA3 (Xbox) and DOA4 (Xbox 360). However, I really like the cinematic approach that they took. It's very action packed and the fight choreography was excellent.

What I really like is the gameplay. Sure the computer can be cheap sometimes, but I really like the game's flow. It's feels so smooth and natural to me.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/03/13 01:30 PM

Yay!!! DOA love. It is a fun game.

Joel if you want a quick review of the story. I would suggest looking for a playthrough of DOAD(3DS game). It is the new "official" story as Hayashi rewrote the story after Itagaki leaving Tecmo/Team NINJA. It did a ton of retconing of the DOA2H and DOA1 that were on the PS2 and PS1.

Also if you don't mind me asking. Who are you maining in DOA5?

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/03/13 01:43 PM

I would suggest looking for a playthrough of DOAD(3DS game).

That's a no-go for me. I don't own a 3DS. The only current-gen system that I own is a PS3.

Quote:
Also if you don't mind me asking. Who are you maining in DOA5?

I guess it's Kasumi. I'm currently focusing on unlocking everything (characters and costumes), so I'm pretty much playing each fighter equally at moment.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/03/13 01:55 PM

Well since you did Story you don't really have anything to unlock with Kasumi. All her stuff is pretty much unlocked in it. Her command training is also pretty easy. I would suggest doing that to get some easy titles for Pai(though you may not want her, if you mainly just fight against the AI). Some very easy titles to get is all the burst into powerblow stuff as well. You just play versus with 2 controllers and set that up.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/03/13 08:43 PM

Well since you did Story you don't really have anything to unlock with Kasumi.

Not true! There were two additional costumes for Kasumi you need to unlock by playing a few games in Arcade, Time Attack and Survival. You can also earn them by playing several rank matches, but I prefer the former option. I'm not a big fan online gaming with random people.

Some characters like Leifang have 6 costumes to unlock. You have to play a unique game on each setting for it to count. So what I did was play Leifang in Arcade Mode sole (rookie), Arcade Mode tag team (rookie), Time Attack solo (rookie), Time Attack tag team (rookie), Survival (rookie) and Arcade Mode tag team (Easy).

For the tag team bouts, I use Kasumi as my partner. Since I'm just a causal fighting fan, I prefer playing the game at the easiest settings when possible.

Anyway, I just unlocked Pai. I've also unlocked all of the costumes on seven characters now. I still need to unlock the remaining character costumes, the 3 three swimsuits (Tina's, Lisa's and Christie's) through rank games and I need 199 titles to unlock Alpha 152.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/03/13 08:50 PM

I know Kasumi has two additional outfits. As I said in the part you didn't quote "All her stuff is pretty much unlocked in it." meaning she has a few extra stuff to unlock.

Yea to unlock stuff it is easiest to unlock by playing all the modes in rookie and easy with solo and tag. I just did the tag stuff myself as I was so use in DOA3, DOA2U and DOA4 to unlock just in single play. So I just pushed through to unlock. Luckily I am okay with the girls with a lot of suits like Leifang. That Black Dress was a killer to unlock, but I love using it online.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/03/13 10:22 PM

That Black Dress was a killer to unlock, but I love using it online.

The black dress was pretty easy for me to unlock. I jump right into an Arcade Tag Match with Kasumi on the "easy" setting for that last costume. I blew right through it using Kasumi for most of the match and had Leifang doing clean up.

After all of these years, I'm glad to see that Kasumi's move set hasn't changed much from DOA2 Hardcore. smile

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/03/13 10:28 PM

I played with Kasumi in DOA3 and have since dropped her. She was also very useful in DOAD, but I haven't really liked her move list in DOA2U, DOA4 and DOA5.

Though to be fair she was the command training I did after Hitomi and Kokoro who are my main and sub. And her command training was not that bad, but every time I play with her online I get whopped so I stay away from her. I could maybe get back into her as I play against some great Kasumi players online who would be more then willing to teach me her powerful juggles.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/08/13 11:12 PM

I beat Professor Layton & The Miracle Mask.
I got it free when I registered my 3DS XL & Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon.

It was an almost 20 hour game.
Though I did have a bit of help when I got stuck on the puzzles.

Obviously there is gonna be a Professor Layton 6 (this was #5).
He also has a versus Ace Atorney game coming out.

This one seemed a bit too focused on the math puzzles.
Plus unlike the other games the puzzles seemed a bit more spread out.
Usually in the other games as soon as you move to a new area, bam there is a person with a puzzle. This one you go back & forth a lot, but not as many people say "hey solve this puzzle".

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/08/13 11:28 PM

Yes, there is a 6th Professor Layton. It's titled Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies. It was released in Japan on February 28th. There seem to be plans for a 7th game as well, but according to Level-5 press release, Azran Legacies will be the last game to feature Professor Layton as the central protagonist. It also seems like future instalments will be more RPG-element games rather than puzzle games. There was also an iOS game released which featured Professor Layton's Brother. At this point, I'd say it's extremely unlikely VS Ace Attorney will be released anywhere outside of Japan.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/09/13 06:11 PM

Still clicking away on Dead or Alive 5.

I found out that one of my friends is also interested in unlocking the 3 legendary swimsuits and Alph-152, so it looks like I found a boosting buddy for the online matches.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/11/13 08:58 PM

I've been playing Radiant Historia quite a bit on my DS. I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around the quantum theories of multiple timeline realities and how to manipulate them. I'm glad that I was a fan of Fringe before I started this game. Anyhoo... it's loads of fun and the characters are all really cool and memorable. For as much as I'm struggling, I'm progressing quite nicely. I'm really thankful that I dug up this little gem before it became harder to find and/or more expensive.
Posted by: kakashi12210

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/20/13 09:07 PM

I've been playing Injustice: Gods Among Us on my PS3 since it came out. I recently beat Tomb Raider and have popped it back in here and there to get trophies. I've also been playing Ni No Kuni off and on for a while I don't want to rush through it I want to take my time. Something I just started today is a Nuzlocke of LeafGreen and so far it's not going that smooth lol.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/20/13 09:22 PM

Who's on your team?

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/20/13 09:38 PM

This is my second attempt, my first ended when Brock got 2 lucky critical hits on my Charmander and Pidgey, then my Kakuna and Metapod were no match for his Onix. This run, so far I have a lvl 11 Mankey, a lvl 11 Bulbasaur, and a lvl 5 Weedle. I'm in the middle of training them up to beat Brock. I lost a Pidgey and Rattata training them to critical hits.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/20/13 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: kakashi12210
This is my second attempt, my first ended when Brock got 2 lucky critical hits on my Charmander and Pidgey, then my Kakuna and Metapod were no match for his Onix. This run, so far I have a lvl 11 Mankey, a lvl 11 Bulbasaur, and a lvl 5 Weedle. I'm in the middle of training them up to beat Brock. I lost a Pidgey and Rattata training them to critical hits.
Yeah... a fire type, a flying/normal type, and two bug types; against Brock's rock, ground, and fighting types. It was over before it started.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/20/13 09:58 PM

Yeah, I got him down to about 2-5 hp left on his Onix with my Charmander's metal claw, but after he got a critical hit on him, all I could do was watch them die one by one.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/21/13 05:24 PM

One of my better Poke-omplishments was forming a tough enough level 100 team in Pokemon Colliseum to take on the 100 Battle Mount Battle Battle Mode Challenge. The final Colliseum is in the volcano... in the lava. My reward... one hella b??a?? Ho-oh.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/21/13 07:34 PM

Well I beat story mode on Pokemon Conquest, now I have to do all the various side stories.
BTW I did get several of my Pokemon to evolve including Eevee into Flareon.

Also still going through Luigi's Mansion, boy is the last mansion tough!

Just got LEGO City Undercover, so I will be concentrating on that.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/21/13 09:06 PM

Are you talking about the new Luigi's Mansion? If so, kiku's jealous. I had an absolute blast with the first one.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/21/13 09:53 PM

Yea, the new Luigi's Mansion has multiple mansions in it.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/22/13 06:54 PM

Yeah, I guess I should have said Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon for 3DS.

Boy, was I wrong about the LEGO Undercover: The Chase Begins being the best LEGO game to date, so far it's the best game PERIOD that I have ever played!

The world is HUGE, there is a TON of stuff to find/do/build, and boy is it FUN as heck to play. So much so that I couldn't put it down until really early this morning (so I am a little groggy at work today).

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/23/13 10:24 PM

I'm playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen and I'm loving it. I haven't got to the new place they added and I haven't seen any of the new stuff yet. I'm taking my time through the main part of the game. But, now I can finally give my friend back his copy of the original game, since I have the updated version.

Also, here's an update on my Nuzlocke of LeafGreen: I've beat the first two gyms and I'm making my way to the S.S. Anne. I've only lost one Pokemon since I posted that first message (Weedle), so that makes 3 total so far. My team consists of a lvl 16 Magikarp, lvl 23 Mankey, lvl 23 Ivysaur, lvl 12 Bellsprout, lvl 8 Caterpie, and a lvl 12 Farfetch'd.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/27/13 03:09 PM

I'm playing my first Lego game. Chase McClane's Lego City Undercover.
Pretty cool so far. I also got the Wii-U VC upgrade for Super Mario Bros (SNES).
Annnnnnnd on the PC I've been fooling around with LA Noire.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 05/01/13 04:56 PM

Beat LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins (which is a prequel to the Wii-U game).
It took about 24 hours to get 100%, but I am an expert at these kinds of games. So it could take longer for the novices.
Of course I am trying to help out if I can on the message board for the game over on GameFAQs.

Still messing with Pokemon Conquest, did the easiest side stories first.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 05/10/13 01:00 PM

Been playing Beast Within on PC using DOS BOX. It's locked up on me twice so far. This most recent lock up happened at a point in which I hadn't saved in quite a while. Ugh. So irritating.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 05/22/13 05:44 PM

I've been playing Radiant Historia quite a bit on my DS. I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around the quantum theories of multiple timeline realities and how to manipulate them. I'm glad that I was a fan of Fringe before I started this game. Anyhoo... it's loads of fun and the characters are all really cool and memorable. For as much as I'm struggling, I'm progressing quite nicely. I'm really thankful that I dug up this little gem before it became harder to find and/or more expensive.
This game is long, and I mean looong. There is much backtracking and retreading. For being able to control time and location, it's quite confining really. It's fun, and the characters are lovable and memorable; but I'm finding myself being railroaded. When you get to a point where you don't know what to do, you generally have to go to the other timeline (there are two) and replay it in it's entirety or majority. Once in a while, I know what part of the timeline I need to go to; thus saving myself a lot of retreading. Then again, you need a lot of retreading just to keep everybody's levels up to snuff; which is quite difficult seeing as how many members aren't in your party at any given time... thus not gaining any XP. Brutal. Money's in short supply as well. The game is essentially a political intrigue, and so can be very dialogue heavy. This is quite cool, except much of the (extensive) dialogue contains important hints; without which you will get stumped and have to play an entire timeline (or majority of one) over again to get back on track... talking to everyone, and checking all routes available. If you don't, you'll miss out on available side quest events which may have been updated due to things that you did in the other timeline or in the future (or past). Brutal. Especially if you happen to get busy, and are away from the game for any length of time; which can lead to forgetting important hints from the dialogue which you cannot look at again unless you replay said event... which can sometimes be pretty lengthy. Brutal. There are a few hints in the timeline in the White Chronicle, which is the book that allows you to command the two timelines; but they are vague at best. Brutal. Radiant Historia is, in a word: "brutal". At last count, I had completed approximately 136 of 240 events at about 46 hours of gameplay. Mentally keeping track of that many events in two totally different timelines may be too much for kiku to wrap his head around. Radiant Historia may need to take a rest ont he shelf for a while. sweat

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 05/22/13 06:06 PM

Star Wars Pinball

Man, I'm addicted to this game and I'm not even a big Star Wars fan.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 05/23/13 01:10 PM

I'm having a blast with Pandora's Tower. Mastering the Oraclos Chain is easier said than done.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 05/23/13 01:54 PM

Still messing with these:

Pokemon Conquest: Doing Nobunaga's Sidestory now. Boy is it a pain in the butt to beat Ice Pokemon when you have only Pokemon that are weak to that...

TheatrRhythem Final Fantasy: Found out that if you don't equip any skills/items you get an absurd bonus, so you can at least get a A rank on every song (if not higher).

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance: Like I said on the game you bought, it's an OK game. Another kinda silly thing it does is have a "Drop Counter". Once that runs out you are forced to switch characters. So either you start the level over, or do another world.
Big deal I am playing on "Beginner" mode, there really is no point to play on the harder modes. If there is some "cool" cinematic at the end (if you beat it on "Proud" mode) I can find that on YouTube.

Also I am occasionally playing the Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.
Yes Pokemon actually has an online version of their card game.
Some things to know, if you are interested.
It involves actually buying card packs to get codes for virtual card packs.
If you buy a starter deck, you get the starter deck.
Though it is kinda tweaked a bit different than the actual starter deck.
In order to unlock the actual "real" starter deck you have to play a Trainer Challenge against computer opponents (and win).
After a certain number of wins (against different opponents) you will unlock the full deck.
Of course just like the actual card game, the more cards you have the better your deck building options are.
There are also some code cards you can get from the various other Pokemon card products (like the tins & certain boxed products).
As well as if you go to a league and actually play either the card game or the video games to earn points.
After a certain number of points you get a code card that unlocks special promo cards.
Also there are certain codes that unlock a special deck (It will give you a few decks to start BTW) that you can use several times (it's usually the name of the more recent expansions without any spaces).
If you are interested, I use the same name as here for my screen name.
It's still in Beta mode, but eventually you will be able to edit an avatar, buy cards with tokens/gems, buy tokens/gems with actual $ (there will be other items to buy), and of course trade cards.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 05/23/13 06:42 PM

I'm almost wondering at this point if Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance was originally going to be ported for the PSP. Considering the play mechanics are practically identical to the ones for Birth by Sleep and not the other titles for the DS, it's fairly likely.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 05/28/13 10:50 AM

Well I can't really say if it was gonna be on PS Vita or not.

Though I did "beat" the game last night.
Boy even on "Easy" those last bosses are a pain.

Here are my thoughts:

Pros:
if you like Kingdom Hearts you should at least enjoy playing this
decent replay value if you like trying to find all the stuff.
good voice acting & fun characters

Cons:
story was kinda boring & a little lame
Dream Eater "raising" stuff was not really needed (I used mostly the same 3 the whole game)
the "Flowmotion" thing seemed kinda useless at times (again I barely used it, since I am used to the older style)
some of the worlds were rather dull (they rely way too much on Traverse Town in these still)

The Hunchback: OK level with exception to the rather long distance between the actual Norte Dame & the Plaza of Miracles

Tron Legacy: Decent level (seriously it sounded just like Jeff Bridges) though I don't remember those laser turrets in the movie

Pinocchio: With exception of inside Monstro was dull as heck (plus I can't stand the "Small World" reference)

Musketeers: Good level (seriously they needed more Pete, he was awesome in 364 Days)

Traverse Town: besides the fact it was somewhat redesigned, it seemed smaller than before (plus you visit twice for some odd reason)

The World That Never Was: boring as heck design, only cool part was when you sliced parts of it up

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/05/13 03:53 AM

Messed with old school Castlevania for a bit (got to the 3rd area before I ran out of lives, guess I still have pretty decent skills).

Also playing both Zelda Oracle Games (switching back & forth).
Ages & Seasons.

Pretty decent games, though I am pretty sure I played one of them before.

Also got to the end of the 3DS Castlevania game.
Yeah, that was rather short-lived.
Less than 2 days worth.
Saw the ending already (looking at hints on how to beat Dracula), so probably not gonna bother with it.

Kinda weird story with some major implications...

Click to reveal..
so Simon Belmont is the son of Trevor Belmont. Who is the son of some other Belmont. That Belmont turned into Dracula when he failed his task. So the father of Simon is now Alucard...

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/05/13 08:24 AM

Apparently there is connectivity (of a sort) between Ages/Seasons. I think there's some kind of code that you get at the end of each game or something. I'm not sure if you have to beat them both normally first, but I think you put the code you got from one game in before you start the other one and vice versa. I may be wrong, but there may even be a reward for when you've beaten both games with the codes entered. Once again, my knowledge is second hand and a decade or so old; so don't quote me on it... but maybe it'll help.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/05/13 09:33 AM

Apparently there is connectivity (of a sort) between Ages/Seasons. I think there's some kind of code that you get at the end of each game or something. I'm not sure if you have to beat them both normally first, but I think you put the code you got from one game in before you start the other one and vice versa. I may be wrong, but there may even be a reward for when you've beaten both games with the codes entered. Once again, my knowledge is second hand and a decade or so old; so don't quote me on it... but maybe it'll help.

You are correct. When you beat Seasons/Ages you get a code to put into the other game. For a long time Timeline people thought this was a hint of them being on different timelines, but happening at the same time.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/05/13 10:37 AM

I'm playing Super Metroid on Wii-U's VC.
Excellent as always. Last night I played with the tv off & handheld in my hand.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/05/13 10:56 AM

Super Metroid = pure excellence. It's the kind of game that stands the test of time. Oh... fond memories of trying to use the scan visor in super heated corridors without dying, trying to get that extra missle or energy tank.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/05/13 11:21 AM

I'm pretty early on, my most recent acquisition was the speed run ability.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/05/13 11:29 AM

Ahhh yes. The speed run, an engimatic manuever that evolves over the course of the game; memories... I should really dust off the The Super Nintendo and Super Metroid.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/06/13 08:52 PM

Super Princess Peach

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/07/13 01:36 AM

Speaking of Metroid, as a member of Club Nintendo, I could download Metroid 2 The Return of Samus on my 3DS.
Only cost 150 coins.

To get coins you register your products by entering in the code found inside most games & consoles from Nintendo.

Then you can answer a survey to get more coins, and about a week later another survey on how you liked the game.

You can spend your coins on downloadable games for either Wii & Wii-U or 3DS.
Or if you save up a lot, you can get neat stuff sent to your house.

Stuff like shoelaces, pouches, patches, and even some games (physical copies). The program runs from July 1-June 30, so this year is almost over.

If you have a lot of coins, you can get platinum status, which I think gets you better stuff.

The best part is even if you spend your coins, your status does not decrease.

I will attempt to boost my coins when I am staying at my parents house when they are away next week. Since they have a Wii & several games that have yet to be redeemed.

Played a bit of that (beat 2 Metroids out of 40).
Kinda wish there was a map like some of the more recent Metroid games.
Oh well, I guess the original Game Boy wasn't that complex.

BTW I would guess it should be noted that the 3DS has a Virtual Console feature. It can play NES, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Genesis, Game Gear, TurboGrafix 16, and of course DS/3DS games.
Maybe even more...

Though still no Mother 3 (AKA Earthbound)...

Got through the 3rd dungeon on both Zelda Games.
Only 5 more to go...

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/07/13 02:12 PM

I've gotten pretty frustrated playing Metroid II as well. Combine the no-mapness with monochromeness, and getting lost isn't just easy; it's constant. I've never beaten it... or gotten all that far for that matter.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/07/13 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By: EricDent
To get coins you register your products by entering in the code found inside most games & consoles from Nintendo.

Coins are earned from ALL NEW Nintendo Games and Consoles. Which sucks as I would be doing a lot better if you could get them from just exclusive games. Platinum status would be so easy to get that way, but for what ever reason it has to be a Nintendo published game.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/07/13 10:30 PM

@EricDent
As far as I know, Earthbound is scheduled to be re-released on the Wii-U Virtual Console sometime this year. I haven't heard that it would be available for the N3DS.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/07/13 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: sevi
@EricDent
As far as I know, Earthbound is scheduled to be re-released on the Wii-U Virtual Console sometime this year. I haven't heard that it would be available for the N3DS.
true stuff

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/08/13 01:52 AM

Nice!

Now I wonder if the price drop rumors will happen...

There was a code in the Castlevania Mirror of Fate game, which I don't think was published by Nintendo, though I could be wrong.

There was two games (that TheaterRhythem & KH game) that had a similar code thing for the SquareEnix version of the club.

It's rather easy to get at least Gold Status.

With the coins from the 3DS, Luigi's Mansion, and Professor Layton surveys, I was already there.
Only need about 100 or so for platinum (after doing LEGO Undercover, Paper Mario (Wi), Castlevania Mirror of Fate & Pokemon Black 2).

Though not sure if it gave me credit for those Zelda games I downloaded.
Yes you also get coins for that as well.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/08/13 09:51 AM

I've had platinum twice & gold once. This year I will be gold again.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/08/13 01:01 PM

Nice!

Now I wonder if the price drop rumors will happen...

There was a code in the Castlevania Mirror of Fate game, which I don't think was published by Nintendo, though I could be wrong.

There was two games (that TheaterRhythem & KH game) that had a similar code thing for the SquareEnix version of the club.

It's rather easy to get at least Gold Status.

With the coins from the 3DS, Luigi's Mansion, and Professor Layton surveys, I was already there.
Only need about 100 or so for platinum (after doing LEGO Undercover, Paper Mario (Wi), Castlevania Mirror of Fate & Pokemon Black 2).

Though not sure if it gave me credit for those Zelda games I downloaded.
Yes you also get coins for that as well.
I believe Castlevania is Konami, but Nintendo and Konami have always been tight.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/08/13 09:25 PM

I've seen it is published by Nintendo in Europe. So I guess that is why it gets Coins with it's release.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/08/13 10:27 PM

I picked up a $20 points card for Nintendo earlier today. I plan to use that in order to pick up the two Zelda Games, Oracle and Seasons. Also with my club Nintendo points I'll go ahead and pick up Metroid 2.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/09/13 10:42 AM

I really am a sick f???... been quite enjoying Super Princess Peach.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/09/13 03:03 PM

I picked up the new Animal Crossing today.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/09/13 07:00 PM

I've had platinum twice & gold once. This year I will be gold again.

I did some math & then took a hell of a lot of surveys. I'm platinum now!
Hope the rewards don't suck this year.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/22/13 09:24 PM

I've been playing Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, it's a fun Action RPG/ Simulation game for the PC. It's funny, Recette is cute, and I've always wanted a game where you had your own shop to sell your stuff, instead of selling it to another shop. I also love her catch phrase, Capitalism Ho It plays way better with a controller instead of a keyboard.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 07/30/13 12:14 AM

Summon Night Swordcraft Story

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 08/04/13 12:00 PM

I recently finished The Last of Us and it was amazing. I would have finished it when it come out, but my PS3 decided it didn't want me playing it and refused to read the disc. After about 2 or 3 weeks of waiting I tried again and it worked perfectly. I don't know why it wouldn't read it at first.

Now I've been playing Aselia The Eternal and I'm liking the story so far. The prologue goes on and on and on though. Has to be the longest prologue I've ever seen. I''m now getting into the part where I can actually fight and it's fun setting up different teams depending on the situation.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 08/06/13 10:45 PM

Put 7 hours in Tales of Xillia so far and I'm really loving it. I love the upgrade system, it's like the sphere grid from FFX, but you don't have to spend a lot of points between nodes. You just have to spend one point per node, you get 3 points per level up. I love the voices, so far 99% of the dialogue has been fully voiced. There's funny interactions between the characters and I like the action battle style. One last thing I love is the shop leveling system. You have to level up with each shop, weapon, armor, item, etc to get better gear or items and to score discounts with the shops.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 08/07/13 12:42 PM

I just got brutalized by the Crimson Keep's Master in Pandora's Tower. I've a sneaking suspicion that I may have been close to defeating him though.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 08/10/13 01:08 PM

I just got brutalized by the Crimson Keep's Master in Pandora's Tower. I've a sneaking suspicion that I may have been close to defeating him though.
Yep, and it was a good learning experience for fighting the bosses in Pandora's tower. I've got a better grasp on some of the Oraclos Chain boss battle techniques now. I'm almost to the next tower's (Ironclad Turret) master. Furhtermore, I got my hands on the Military Scythe. Also, I think that I'm doing something right in my interactions with Elena at the Observatory. I've read that Pandora's Tower has some minor dating sim aspects to it before, which leaves me in the dark. Because I use a Mac computer (I don't really want to partition my hard drive with boot camp.) and game on Nintendo systems, I don't really have access to dating sims, so I have no experience with that genre. C'est la vie. Elena seems to really have taken a shine to me irregardless.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 08/10/13 01:45 PM

Dating Sims are fun. I really enjoyed that aspect in Catherine. Most of the stuff we get on consoles over here though is barely a "dating sim". It mostly just means you can form a romantic relationship with a character aka see a kissing scene.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 08/15/13 03:26 AM

Beat Etrian Odyssey 4.
I beat all the dragons with my team.
Then I "borrowed" a team (using QR codes) to beat the Insatiable Pupa (final really gross boss). Though I did use the chemical mix to weaken it before I fought it. Which was a pain to get the ingredients to do that.

Besides that I played a bit of Metroid 2 (Game Boy) and beat the 3rd Metroid (only 36 more to go).

Not sure if I mentioned getting a free game from Club Nintendo.
If you get enough points by the end of the year (July) you could choose either a game or some other stuff (calendar).

I got this game called Sakura Samurai. Which is pretty skill based (IE you don't just hack away, you have to attack at the right time).
Something about the artstyle just reminded me of Okami.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 08/27/13 11:51 PM

Been playing Mario & Luigi Dream Team.
The normal battles & story are fun.
However I can't stand the giant battles.
Apparently I am close to a few of them, and I am about to just give up.
They are just so darn frustrating to do.
Plus all your stats/equipment doesn't matter in these.
It all about the stylus (and on some of them it's very picky where it counts).

Maybe I should have got a different game...
Posted by: J.E.S.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 08/31/13 06:26 PM

Right now I'm playing Project Diva F
I managed to unlock all of the regular songs (I played on easy :P ) and now I'll work too unlock the extra ones next.

I want to get all the costumes but... given how bad I am at games like these...
That may not be something I can achieve easily. frown
But Imma gonna try my best! ^^ v

Also playing Sweet Fuse.
Right now I'm eyeing that "escort" Ryusei... but that cop... but the idol... but dem others... XD

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 08/31/13 06:31 PM

Just passed the the 75th hour of Tales of Xillia working on upgrading all shops to max level and finishing up the Lilum Orb for everybody.

I'm also playing Project Diva F, just finished up all the songs on normal mode and have beat around half of them on hard mode. I tried 3 songs on expert mode, I came close to beating them but I couldn't do it. Will try expert mode again after I finish hard mode.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 09/04/13 04:24 PM

Etrian Odyssey

Putting together my party was so much fun. I'm level five(ish). I have yet to get through the second floor. I love this game! I decided to be brave and form a party without the Landsknecht... I hope I don't regret it later. Apparently he's the real damage dealer (can use axes). My party is so bada??!

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 09/06/13 11:58 AM

OK... I had no idea! I knew Etrian Odyssey was bruta,l but this is Bruuutal! If I had a nickel for every time I limped back out of the dungeon with one or two party members alive, well; I'd have a lot of nickels. Not to mention, the rates at the Inn and Apothecary keep going up. Seriously, I'm always out of money. Usually, I'm happy if I even have enough cash to revive a party member and/or stay at the Inn. This is brutal! I never seem to have enough money to keep my party outfitted with proper equipment. I even had to sell off some of my party's less valuable equipment to pay for a revival. A warp wire? Yeah right! Like I ever have a spare hundred sitting around for one of those. It sure would be nice though. My party is level 11 now, and I've got them pretty well outfitted. I've got the first two levels near completely mapped out. I even found a secret door and two "Chop" spots. I'm thinking that I should grind a bit more in level 2 before peeking in on level 3, so that I might completely outfit my party's equipment; and maybe buy a couple o' warp wires. So far, I've defeated 'bout six FOEs; and one of 'em twice... he came back! Brutal. I've completed a couple of side quests too. This game is brutal... and awesome!

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 09/06/13 04:33 PM

OK... I had no idea! I knew Etrian Odyssey was bruta,l but this is Bruuutal! If I had a nickel for every time I limped back out of the dungeon with one or two party members alive, well; I'd have a lot of nickels. Not to mention, the rates at the Inn and Apothecary keep going up. Seriously, I'm always out of money. Usually, I'm happy if I even have enough cash to revive a party member and/or stay at the Inn. This is brutal! I never seem to have enough money to keep my party outfitted with proper equipment. I even had to sell off some of my party's less valuable equipment to pay for a revival. A warp wire? Yeah right! Like I ever have a spare hundred sitting around for one of those. It sure would be nice though. My party is level 11 now, and I've got them pretty well outfitted. I've got the first two levels near completely mapped out. I even found a secret door and two "Chop" spots. I'm thinking that I should grind a bit more in level 2 before peeking in on level 3, so that I might completely outfit my party's equipment; and maybe buy a couple o' warp wires. So far, I've defeated 'bout six FOEs; and one of 'em twice... he came back! Brutal. I've completed a couple of side quests too. This game is brutal... and awesome!

Have we been grinding properly, ne? It's always useful for leveling up and cash problems in my experience ^-^~

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 09/06/13 10:45 PM

No teacher. (sulks) I haven't been grinding properly. When you're right, you're right sevi. I'm gonna hang out in the second level until I've got all the gear that I want, before I move on to level three.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 09/07/13 10:12 PM

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (PS3)

Good lord! I can't get enough of this game. There's just so much to do and they fixed all of the annoyances that were in the previous game. Not to mention, playing as Momoji and Rachel is a huge plus.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 09/08/13 12:32 AM

DOA5U is a blast.

Just finished Hitomi's combo challenge next up I plan on doing Kokoro's, though I hope the solo rank gets fixed soon.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 09/09/13 02:09 AM

Played through a bit of Paper Mario Sticker Star.
Basically beating the first area (usual 6 levels) & getting into the 2nd.

It's similar to the Mario RPGs but also different.
You don't gain levels (you can get extra health) and you use stickers to attack.
When you use the sticker you have a brief "window" of time to press the A button to do more damage.
Of course at first you are limited to 3 pages worth of stickers.
Though you can get a lot more.
There are of course "rare" stickers that do more damage.

The stages are sorta like normal Mario levels, but not quite as much jumping.
Plus if you want you can avoid the baddies or jump on them/hit them with your hammer to do damage before the battles.

Of course if you run out of HP its Game Over.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 09/10/13 08:38 AM

As per sevi's sage advice, I've done a little level gringing in Etrian Odyssey. Wow, what a difference it made too! My party's outfitted properly, and I've even got a couple of warp wires just in case. It's much easier to afford them when I don't constantly have to pay the apothecary for revivals. But... now I'm delving about in level three where there are FOE's that the game itself, so politely warned me to; RUN AWAY FROM! They chase you once you get close to them. One of them, you actually have to get to chase you; simply so that you can move on through a narrow path. I made the mistake of running into one, and it could destroy any one of my party memebers in one strike! Now I'm hunting some leader of wolves called Fenrir. Apparently, he's on level five; so I won't see him for a while. Moving around level three is a scary business as it is. EO is brutal!

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 09/10/13 09:32 AM

Ummm, yeah.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 09/10/13 10:49 PM

I am sooo loving Etrian Odyssey right now! Thanks again for the push sevi. Now I'm stompin' around all over level three... and carefully manuevering around the FOEs. Except of course the Ragelope that snuck up behind me when I went for a treasure chest! Sneaky! There's an NPC Hexer stationed deep in level three right now, and she will repeatedly restore your HP and TP. If there's one thing that I learned from playing Final Fantasy and other assorted RPGs, it's that opportunities like that are few and far between; and usually limited to a particular window of opportunity. Get it while the gettin's good! Talk about a grinding paradise! I've got my party outfitted with some excellent gear. The shopkeeper just crafted a short bow for my Survivalist (my main character). He's so BA now! Not to mention I've got Hide Boots on my front row now. Footwear usually conveys agility in Etrian Oddysey. Combined with my Survivalist's growing Ambush and Aware abilities, I bring the pain right away!

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 09/11/13 12:48 AM

I'm currently playing Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix and it's still the same fun game I remember playing on the PS2 back when it came out.

I beat all the hard song on Project Diva and a couple of them on extreme.

I was playing Tales of Xillia, but I got so mad/sad I had to quit for now. I was fighting the hardest optional boss a second time which makes him harder and got him all the way down to his final form. I wanted to trade out Jude for Alvin. But, when I switched out Jude something happened, I don't know what and he just vanished/fell through the floor. Alvin never showed up and I couldn't switch out characters anymore. I figured I'd go ahead and try to beat him with just the three characters I had left. Took about 30 minutes, but we finally beat him. After the battle was over we just stood there of the battlefield, since the game glitched up when I switched out a character, the game wouldn't let me finish the battle, I had to turn it off. All together I wasted 2 hours getting to him and fighting him.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 09/11/13 10:10 AM

That's brutal, just brutal; controller smashingly brutal.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 09/13/13 03:11 AM

As noted in the what did you buy topic, I got LEGO Star Wars II : The Original Trilogy.

This was made by Travelers Tales & Amaze Entertainment.
However I think it must have not had any sort of testing or bug detection.

First of all the graphics kinda suck (when compared to the other DS LEGO games), and quite often the backgrounds or some parts of the level just vanish.
The camera angle flat out sucks, and on occasion you will get in a spot where you have to do a difficult jump blind.
There are several areas where it just gets really frustrating when trying to do jumps (especially a moving log jump on Endor).

I can see why this game was said to have major issues.
Just glad that GameStop has a 7 day return policy on used games.
Will be getting rid of it.
Though I did technically beat the Story Mode, not gonna bother with the Freeplay stuff or getting 100%.

Maybe I should have got Lost Magic, or something else.
If you have a DS, make sure to avoid this game!
Get the much better LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga or LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 09/14/13 10:47 PM

Well I decided to get Lost Magic after all.
As well as that Elebits game.

Elebits is kinda like Pokémon, but a bit different.

Basically the Elebit is like a partner and can do stuff (burn trees, freeze ponds, etc.) You do capture different ones, but not the "generic" Elebits, they have to be "Omega" Elebits.
Which you can level up to adult form by using "watts" (you catch the generics for watts). I am on the 2nd world already (seems a bit easy, but some puzzles are a bit tricky).

Also played a bit of Lost Magic. A very stylus based game.
Kinda combines a RTS, RPG, and Strategy game.
You are a young wizard, who uses the stylus to draw symbols to cast spells. Of course the monsters are moving while you do this, so it's a bit tricky. Eventually you can also capture monsters, and make them fight for you.

Both games seem pretty good, and should keep me busy (along with Paper Mario) until Pokémon X/Y come out.

BTW I am taking a "mini-vacation" by skipping a couple days of work (I asked for it off with pay). So I can rest up a bit.
Might do so again before the big holiday season...
Posted by: Squall

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 09/15/13 11:08 AM

Playing Tales of Xillia. I'm about 15 hours in so far but a lot of that has been grinding and leveling up. It seems like it'll be a good entry in the Tales series and I'm already enjoying it more than Graces f, but I don't think it's gonna end up being better than Vesperia. With Vesperia being my favorite title of the franchise I compare everything else to it. And thus far the music, visuals, character development and character personalities just aren't as appealing to me, though I really do like Alvin. However, I still have a long ways to go so that could all change.

I also started Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD. It's a beautiful game in high definition. I've played Kingdom Hearts 2 multiple times and even some of the spin-off / handheld games more than once, but I've only played KH1 one time... way back in 2002. So there's a lot of that game that I've forgotten and re-playing it now is a pleasant blast from the past. I played yesterday 'til I got to Traverse Town and I keep telling myself I'm gonna finish Xillia before I go any further, but I'm really itching to play it some more.

Oh, and lol @ 358/2 days being reduced to a CG movie for this collection.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 09/18/13 10:05 PM

I'm bombin' around level 4 of Etrian Oddysey like I own the place. I've eradicated every Wolf that I could find and now I'm lookin' for their leader. I still give the Stalker FOEs a wide berth though. I got my hands on a Beast Bow for my survivalist (lead character) that is so BA!
Posted by: Toddler Naruto

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 09/19/13 12:39 AM

I'm currently playing Jak II HD (PS3), I just completed the Get Life Seed in Dead Town mission.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 09/20/13 06:22 PM

Currently playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and I can barley make myself put it done. I really love this game.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 09/23/13 03:57 AM

I'm currently playing Jak 3 HD (PS3), I just completed the Defeat Veger's Precursor Robot mission.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 09/23/13 12:58 PM

I tried out Lufia Curse OF The Sinistrals yesterday. I'm finding it to be somewhere in between The Legend Of Zelda and Final Fantasy. I love it! Tia is my favorite. The interactions between her and the main character are priceless... plus her suitcase is BA!

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 10/05/13 02:34 PM

Rune Factory 4

Oh my, this game is a blast. Last night I played from 9pm to 1:30am and I felt like I played for maybe one hour. So much fun, the combat so far is pretty easy(I am playing on normal). But I love the interactions with the NPCs in your town and the farming is kind of interesting.

Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate

Really like the upgrade to the series. I think I have my characters selected with my old faithful Hitomi and switching between Kokoro, Leon & Momiji.

Really looking forward to the Halloween DLC Team NINJA has been teasing on their Twitter. Gladiator Leon is finally coming and I look forward to seeing Angel Hitomi. Would love for them to give Kokoro a Fatel Frame like costume in this pack, I think it would be fitting.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 10/06/13 12:59 AM

I was recently browsing old school games online and came across Dead or Alive... 1. I forgot how old the series is. That sucker was on the original Playstation.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 10/06/13 01:17 AM

The real first DOA was in arcades, then DOA1 on Sega Saturn and lastly DOA1 on PS1. Then Xbox got a port of DOA1 on the Saturn.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 10/06/13 12:31 PM

Oh, I see. DOA much? wink

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 10/06/13 12:37 PM

Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate

Really like the upgrade to the series. I think I have my characters selected with my old faithful Hitomi and switching between Kokoro, Leon & Momiji.

Really looking forward to the Halloween DLC Team NINJA has been teasing on their Twitter. Gladiator Leon is finally coming and I look forward to seeing Angel Hitomi. Would love for them to give Kokoro a Fatel Frame like costume in this pack, I think it would be fitting.

Ditto on all of the above. I'm really looking forward to more DLC costumes.

The only thing I wish they change in the game is the unlock requirements for the 3 legendary swimsuits. The current requirements (beat the legendary modes or play 200 ranked matches) are just ridiculous to permanently unlock them. I know I can temporally unlock them by turning on Exhibition in Versus Mode, but I really like to have them available in all the modes.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 10/06/13 12:38 PM

It may be next to impossible to accomplish, but when you do; having those legendary swimsuits is going to be all the sweeter.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 10/06/13 12:58 PM

It may be next to impossible to accomplish, but when you do; having those legendary swimsuits is going to be all the sweeter.

They aren't that impressive after buying some the more raunchy DLC ones. Plus, like I said before. I can temporarily unlock them by enabling Exhibition Mode. This mode allows me to play all of the unlockables on the disc (excludes DLC).

It's rather head scratching that the unlock requirements haven't changed from the previous game (DOA5) for those 3 costumes. It makes no sense to me at all, since there is no trophy/achievement for unlocking all of the costumes this time around and the 3 swimsuits are actually available to play in Exhibition Mode. Not to mention, they made it easier to unlock all of the other costumes in the game but those three swimsuits.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 10/06/13 01:12 PM

If you bought the DLC swimsuits not at all. As for Christie, Tina and Lisa that DLC is just the rare/legendary swimsuits recolored. I already have all three unlocked as I pushed through the ranks back in DOA5 and I unlocked Alpha-152 by the rank match requirement as well. I was hoping Momiji and Rachel would have legendary swimsuits but sadly they do not.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 10/06/13 03:17 PM

I am currently playing Grand Theft Auto 4 (PS3) :D, I just completed the Easy Fare mission smile.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 10/06/13 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By: joelgundam01

They aren't that impressive after buying some the more raunchy DLC ones. Plus, like I said before. I can temporarily unlock them by enabling Exhibition Mode. This mode allows me to play all of the unlockables on the disc (excludes DLC).

It's rather head scratching that the unlock requirements haven't changed from the previous game (DOA5) for those 3 costumes. It makes no sense to me at all, since there is no trophy/achievement for unlocking all of the costumes this time around and the 3 swimsuits are actually available to play in Exhibition Mode. Not to mention, they made it easier to unlock all of the other costumes in the game but those three swimsuits.
OK... Ayane has; not only the standardized school swimsuit, and the standardized gym uniform... but topless in bibs!

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 10/06/13 11:51 PM

OK... Ayane has; not only the standardized school swimsuit, and the standardized gym uniform... but topless in bibs!

Ayane has a ton of great outfits
Idol
Warrior
Under Boob
My personal favorite
Razor's Edge

Couldn't really find anything good of the RE one. Tomorrow I'll take a good picture in photo mode and post it here. As that image really doesn't do it justice.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 10/07/13 04:43 AM

As promised good shots of Ayane's Razor's Edge costume

Close up
Back of costume
her katana
Purple butterfly bra strap

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 10/14/13 03:14 PM

Pokemon Y

Just about the 7th Badge area.

Not playing with the starters anymore (to be a bit more challenging).

Riding around on a Mamoswine...

Current team:

Doublade (new Ghost/Steel Sword)
Pigeot
Fraxure
Pancham (new Fighting/Dark Panda)
Lapras
Tyran-something (new Rock/Dragon T-Rex Fossil)

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 10/14/13 08:32 PM

Pokemon Y

Just about the 7th Badge area.

Not playing with the starters anymore (to be a bit more challenging).

Riding around on a Mamoswine...

Current team:

Doublade (new Ghost/Steel Sword)
Pigeot
Fraxure
Pancham (new Fighting/Dark Panda)
Lapras
Tyran-something (new Rock/Dragon T-Rex Fossil)

How are the newer Pokémon games by the way? I haven't played any of the core titles since way back when Yellow came out. Is there any way for a born again noob to get into these newest titles? Or would I be a lost cause?

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 10/15/13 11:47 AM

Solatorobo Red The Hunter

I'm having a lot fo fun with this one. Very anime inspired. Plus you get to throw s??? around!

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 10/18/13 10:52 AM

Arc Rise Fantasia

I'm in RPG heaven! Right off the bat I was assaulted by a beautiful and stunning 3D movie cutscene, which cut into a battle without giving any sort of instruction; after which I plummeted into a secret forest and was "dropped" right into the game. I love it! Soon enough I was free roaming, fighting battles, avoiding battles, and finding towns, which featured; wait a minute... Shops, Inns, NPC's, etc... What, you think that I'm being fecetious? Far from it, these things are the heart and soul of the RPG; and more often than not, their absence is detrimental to the feel of the RPG. Everything is here, and it's great to look at. Cool weapons, well thought out menu design, armor, items, magic, 3D character animations; and hand drawn character interactions. I don't know which is cooler the the 3D character designs or the hand drawn. I'm tasting an homage to the classic (J)RPG, yet the flavor is contemporary and unique. Like so many great RPG's (and video games in general), one of the best parts is getting to know the system. Learning the battle system, the leveling system, the magic system, the party system; I eat that s??? right up! The voice acting is over the top. Maybe it's corny, maybe the voice actors are having a blast; you decide. Right now I'm kinda learning how to level and unlock weapons and their abilities. I love it!

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 10/23/13 09:55 AM

Arc Rise Fantasia

OK... my new favorite video game character: Cecille.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 10/25/13 11:25 PM

I'm a few hours into Batman Origins and so far it's still as awesome as the first two.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 10/29/13 08:34 AM

I'm still playing Grand Theft Auto 4 (PS3), I just completed the Blow Your Cover mission.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 11/03/13 01:56 AM

I've started playing Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3), I just completed Mission 01: Sneaking Out After Dark.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 11/05/13 02:04 PM

Arc Rise Fantasia

I finally defeated the Gula Rogress; most brutal confrontation I've had in a video game in awhile, with no save point anywhere near the battle… brutal. It took me several attempts, multiple party re-outfittings, and some serious grinding. I was heartily rewarded though. I found a new pair fo gauntlets (weapons) for my favorite character Cecille, in a chest down an easily missed hallway after the confrontation. Cecille Punch!

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 11/09/13 01:41 AM

Oops didn't see the questions about Pokemon.

Not that much has changed story wise.

Still a young trainer on a mission to become the best Pokemon trainer.
Still have to get 8 badges & beat the Elite 4/Champ.
Still have a "bad guy" team trying to do something disruptive.

Obviously the graphics have gone mostly 3D (still minor trainers are cartoons).
The Pokemon look great, and it beats the old sprites by a lot.
Just from playing for about a month, it's hard to look at even the last game (Black 2/White 2).
The attack animations are amazing (some are insanely good like Brave Bird looks like a scene from Gatchaman).

They went away from the normal route of just adding a bunch of new Pokemon, and only added about 70 new ones.
Plus the old deal with only one legend per game (X has Xenerneas, Y has Yvital).
There are quite a few older Pokemon that make an appearance.
In fact each area of the game (Coastal, Central , & Mountain) has 150 different Pokemon to find/catch.

Since you haven't played in a while.
There's a TON more Pokemon now (about 721 different ones).
There are now these types:

Normal, Bug, Poison, Grass, Fire, Water, Flying, Electric, Psychic, Ghost, Dragon, Ground, Rock, Dark, Steel, and Fairy.

Fairy is the new type introduced in the X/Y game.
They are strong against Dragon & weak against Steel & Poison.
Some older Pokemon (like Marril) became Fairy type.

Another new feature is the "Mega Evolution".
Basically certain Pokemon can hold a Mega Stone & evolve during battle.
Some change the type of the Pokemon, some change the ability, and some just improve stats.

All 3 starters from Yellow got Mega Evolutions (Charizard has 2 cause some have more than 1 stone).

Other "Retro" features are a Legendary Bird (depends on your choice of Starter), and Mewtwo.

One big change is you can actually choose what you look like in game.
You can buy different clothes, get a haircut, get your hair colored, and even wear contacts to change your eye color.
My character in game looks a lot like a younger anime-esque version of myself.

The one thing they don't have is the Pokemon following you around thing.

They do have these though:

Pokemon Amie: a mini-game thing where you can pet your Pokemon, feed it poke cakes, and play mini-games.
This increases affection, which also gives XP bonus, a chance of critical hits, chances if dodging attacks, and chances of shaking off status effects (like poison).

Super Training: instead of grinding like crazy to get Effort Values (better stats).
You train against Pokemon balloons and gain bonuses to your stats.

PSS: when wireless is turned on you see other people nearby (or on internet).
You can battle them, trade with them, use O-powers (stuff like increase Exp for a short time), and watch a video they made (you can make one in the biggest city).
Of course with internet you can also do a Wonder Trade (trade away a Pokemon for a totally random Pokemon from somebody else).
You can also use the GTS (Global Trade System) to search for specific Pokemon & trade a Pokemon you have for it.

The new region is called Kalos & is loosely based on France.

You missed Hoenn, Sinnoh, a revist to Kanto & Johto, and Unova.

I would guess if you are interested this would be a good jumping in place.
Since it's a lot easier to deal with due to less Pokemon in game, and an over all (somewhat) easier game.

The reason it might be easier, is due to how they changed the Experience Share item.
It's now a Key Item (can't be sold/put on a Pokemon) and effects ALL the Pokemon in your party (you can still have 6).

BTW there is plenty of room for all the Pokemon in the computer storage system (just don't expect Bill).

Another new feature deals with Friend Codes.
Friend Codes came around for the first DS Pokemon game.
Using those you could trade people globally via Internet without using the GTS (Wonder Trade is a new thing for X/Y).

In this game, since the 3DS itself has a friend code, you use that instead.
Using that gets you a Friend Safari based on the codes that your friends have.
The Safari isn't available until after you beat the E4/Champ (which they finally acknowledge you as the Champ) and it gives you 2 Pokemon to start.
When your friend beats the E4/Champ you can find a 3rd Pokemon in their Safari. Usually these are either hard to find Pokemon or version exclusive.
For example my Friend Safari is Flying type & has HootHoot (an owl), Farfetchd, and Rufflett (an eagle).
All of the Pokemon in the Safari are level 30, and have good IV (initial values).
That's mostly for breeding (usual Day Care).

I am obviously still playing.
Up to 495 seen (National Dex).

Just kinda wandering around leveling up random Pokemon to evolve them.
Hatching eggs to get earlier versions, and battling random people in the Battle Chateau.

That is a small castle where you battle trainers & gain levels in a title rank.
You start as a Count, and go to ArchDuke.
It's a good place for both XP & $ (plus it's free).

There are some places to level up/get $ that cost $ to enter.
Basically restaurants with different "stars".

BTW if you want an earlier Pokemon game you might try Black/White or Black 2/White 2.
Mostly due to the fact that any Pokemon you catch/train in those can be transferred to X/Y.
This isn't coming until December though, cause the DS & 3DS can't talk to each other.
So they are making a Poke Bank.
Lets you hold up to 3000 Pokemon in "The Cloud".
Plus you can transfer them to X/Y or future games.
It will have a free trial period, but will eventually cost $5 a year to keep.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 11/09/13 01:54 AM

Oops, forgot Ice type...

Eevee has 8 different versions it can evolve into.

Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon are the ones you probably know.
They added Espeon (Psychic), Umbreon (Dark), Leafeon (Grass), Glaceon (Ice), and Slyveon (Fairy).

Oh, BTW they actually changed Pikachu's cry in this game to sound like his/her anime voice (actually says "Pikachu").

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 11/12/13 04:10 AM

Arc Rise Fantasia

I just got my hands on a Lightship! Free roaming, here I come! It's a little old ('bout 1000 years) and needs a little work (some features need to be restored), but it flies.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 11/12/13 04:56 PM

DarkStalkers Resurrection (HD Remaster)

I really love this game series.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 11/12/13 09:03 PM

I remember playing the original Darkstalkers arcade when I was young.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 11/28/13 03:50 AM

I've been playing Super Mario 3D World the last couple of days and it's very fun. I've beat that game, but now I'm going back through collecting all the stars and stamps.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 11/29/13 09:38 PM

Just unlocked the final stage of Super Mario 3D World for collecting all the stamps, stars, and getting to the top of every flagpole. I can't wait to see how how it is, because I keep hearing that it's balls to the wall hard.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 12/04/13 12:13 AM

I popped Project Diva back in and beat a few more songs on extreme. Almost half way down with all the songs on extreme.

I also unlocked the final stages on Super Mario World 3D and it's pretty hard. I don't want to go in with 2 power ups, because that would make it too easy, so I'm trying to beat it going in with no power ups.

I'm a couple of hours into Tales of Graces F and it's been fun. I really like combining stuff to make newer and better stuff and I really like the combat system.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 12/04/13 07:07 AM

I just saw the box for Super Mario 3D World. There's a cat suit. I'm so jealous.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 12/06/13 01:48 AM

Beat the normal difficulty on The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

Got it last Sunday (had credit at GameStop so only paid $18).

It's a kinda sequel to Link To The Past (set in the same world & very similar map).

Only died 7 times.
So obviously a bit easier than normal Zelda games.
To be fair I did often have several bottles of Fairies to bring me back from the dead.

One interesting feature is that you can take on any dungeon in any order.
This is due to a new "rental" system.
A guy moves into your house & turns it into a shop.
You rent (or buy) the sub-items (bombs & so forth) from him.
The catch is if you die, he takes the items away (unless you buy them).

The other interesting thing is the turning yourself flat ability.
This lets you merge into walls to cross certain gaps & lets you travel to the other world through special portals.

The main world is still Hyrule, the new one Lorule...
Both have Princesses, Zelda is Hyrule & Hilda is Lorule.

Overall it was a fun game (a bit short though).
They try to make up for it with these things:

Finding the usual Heart Containers
Finding these little creatures called Maimai's (there's 100), if you do their mom upgrades your sub-weapons (that you own) for every 10 found.
Tower of Treachery (or something like that) a really long dungeon that is HARD.
Mini-Games like Rupee Rush, Cuckoo Dodge, etc.
Street Pass (this is a 3DS game BTW) where you fight "shadow" versions of the characters of those peoples games. Some are rather hard (you don't die if you lose).

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 12/06/13 11:01 AM

For every ten found you get an upgrade?
Sheeeeeeeeeeeit, I've got at least 30 or 40 of them. I've been waiting until after collecting the whole lot to visit the mother again. Looks like I'll have to pay her a visit!

BTW- When the heck do I get running shoes & the ability to pick up "big rocks"?

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 12/06/13 02:20 PM

For every ten found you get an upgrade?
Sheeeeeeeeeeeit, I've got at least 30 or 40 of them. I've been waiting until after collecting the whole lot to visit the mother again. Looks like I'll have to pay her a visit!

BTW- When the heck do I get running shoes & the ability to pick up "big rocks"?

You get the shoes by going to the village and merging into the wall by the thief and scaring him by coming out right behind him. You get the "big rocks" upgrade in one of the dungeons in Lorule Kingdom, I don't remember which one.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 12/07/13 02:11 AM

Pretty sure it's the Lorule version of Death Mountain dungeon.

You need those boots to find several of those creatures.
Since you have to run into things (like trees) to get some.

I had about 78 of them found before I beat the game.
BTW the power ups for the lamp & net are from that tower I mentioned.
Mother Maimai doesn't do those (or shield/sword).

I was also missing one bottle (you could get it by throwing a bunch of $ in a certain fairy pond).

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 12/18/13 02:42 PM

Now playing The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap.
Since I have a DS Lite, I can play this fun GBA game.

Just got the "double link" ability.
Which basically makes a shadow version of Link to solve certain puzzles.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 12/19/13 12:22 AM

Now playing The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap.
Since I have a DS Lite, I can play this fun GBA game.

Just got the "double link" ability.
Which basically makes a shadow version of Link to solve certain puzzles.
The Minish Cap is awesome! Glad to hear that you're diggin' it.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 12/25/13 11:57 PM

I've started playing Sly 4: Thieves in Time (PS3), I just completed the Museum Heist mission.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 01/07/14 01:31 AM

I just made it to about the middle of chapter 5 of Tales of Graces F and I have over 55 hours in it.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 01/07/14 10:37 PM

Sin And Punishment: Star Successor

Brutal shmup action too tough for the likes of me. I love it! I'm stuck halfway through the game on Easy. My eyes, head, and hands hurt; I think I suck at shmups.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 01/11/14 09:29 PM

Suikoden Tierkreis and loving every minute of it. This little gem is the RPG goodness that I've been looking for.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 01/12/14 07:16 PM

Re-bought LEGO Star Wars 3 The Clone Wars. Boy does the 3DS version look a ton better than the DS version.
Also re-re-re-bought LEGO Star Wars The Complete Saga for the DS.

Playing both on the 3DS XL.

Despite not playing in a while, it's really easy to find hidden stuff.
I guess writing the walkthroughs for both of these games (on the DS version) made it stick in my head.
I am not even reading those, and I can find a lot of these items.

BTW I have 3 Links now (on the Wind Element dungeon in the sky).

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 01/13/14 12:05 PM

DOA's loli is finally coming to consoles. Version 1.04 coming with Marie Rose to follow. I have been really enjoying DOA5U and look forward to the changes in the new patch and to try out Marie Rose.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 01/16/14 11:18 AM

I have my own castle in Suikoden Tierkreis now.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 01/22/14 02:04 AM

Skies Of Arcadia Legends (GC)

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 01/22/14 04:23 AM

I'm still playing Tales of Graces F for the PS3. I'm 90+ hours into it now and I'm on the final chapter. Some of these bosses are extremely hard on chaos difficulty. I wish more RPGs would include a difficulty setting.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 01/22/14 04:34 PM

I just defeated The Executioner in Valua City's Colosseum. It was brutal. Suffice to say, it was off with my head a few times before I finally took his.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 01/24/14 03:43 PM

I've started playing Sleeping Dogs (PS3), I just completed the Night Market Chase mission.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 01/31/14 03:49 PM

Just finished up the main story for Tales of Graces F and I really enjoyed it. I have over 120 hours into it and I enjoyed every minute of it. I started the future arc of the game set 6 months after the main story, but I decide to put it on hold for now and go to a different game. I need to move on to a new setting, I have over 5 days in the game, so I need a fresh world.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/01/14 11:33 AM

Played about an hour or so of Tomb Raider last night. It is great fun, but it doesn't really feel like a Tomb Raider game so far. I'm hoping the later stuff will have more puzzles, though I did get stuck on one part at the very start.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/05/14 10:17 PM

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter

I forgot how awesome Turok was!

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/08/14 03:42 AM

I'm a few hours into Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk and it has been pretty fun so far.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/10/14 03:55 PM

Finished the Bravely Default Demo, it was kinda short, and once you got to a certain level with certain jobs (I was like level 9) it gets rather easy.
Plus it starts throwing a ton of $ at you so you can get rather powerful gear/weapons/spells.

When you buy the real game it sends certain bonuses for playing the demo, including up to 20 villagers to re-build a town.
The more people you have building a thing, the faster it goes.

Also playing LEGO City Undercover The Chase Begins.
Just going through and finding everything again.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/10/14 06:26 PM

I played through the first couple of chapters of Valkyria Chronicles and it's really fun. I love the battle system.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/13/14 02:26 PM

Megaman Zero

The boss battles are unforgiving and brutal.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/13/14 02:34 PM

I'm trying to play Ratchet: Deadlocked HD (PS3), but I keep getting distracted by shows I need to catch up on.
Posted by: ZuruZora

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/16/14 05:36 AM

I was playing Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII this morning. I've been playing for 13 hours a day for the past 4 days and I just beat it earlier this morning...

I enjoyed it so much that I couldn't put it down.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/16/14 10:02 PM

I used to do that sometimes when I was younger.
Got a game that was hard to stop playing, so I played all day & all night.

Now I can't do that, since I have to work.
Anyhow still playing Bravely Default, & Pokemon Y (just breeding for the Poledex).

I beat LEGO City Undercover The Chase Begins, LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (kinda surprised they never made a "complete saga" type game for these), & LEGO Star Wars 3 The Clone Wars.

In Bravely Default I am in the Fire Temple (the 3rd Crystal) and my team is like this.

Tiz: Level 39, currently trying the Ranger class (which makes him look like a Furry) at level 3 in that Job. He has level 7 in Freelancer, Theif, Monk, Knight, Valkyrie, and Spell Fencer.

Agnes: Level 39, currently a level 6 Red Mage (which combines both Black/White magics). She also has level 7 Freelancer, White Mage, Time Mage, Summoner, and level 8 Black Mage.

Ringabel: Level 38, currently a level 7 Black Mage. He has level 3 Freelancer, level 7 in Theif, Merchant, Valkyrie, and Red Mage. Also Level 6 White Mage.

Edea: Level 39, level 8 Spell Fencer (damn that outfit is rather nice).
She has Level 7 Freelancer, Monk, Knight, and Valkyrie.

Now changing to Thief for Edea, & White Mage for Ringabel.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/17/14 06:50 PM

Just beat Tomb Raider(2013). It was a fun and entertaining ride. For me personally it felt a lot like a mix between Assassin's Creed with how you solved and dealt with puzzles and Gears Of War with how the shooting game play worked. I personally would have liked to see a little more focus on the puzzle aspect but I though it was very fun.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/17/14 10:55 PM

I am sooo addicted to Plants Versus Zombies!

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/18/14 05:41 PM

I recently got my hands on the Megaman Zero Collection for the DS, so I'm restarting Megaman Zero on that; which I was formerly playing on the Advance. Zero can be pretty brutal and unforgiving. In additon, Plants Versu Zombieson my Mac has taken over a large portion of my life. Brains!

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/18/14 06:50 PM

In additon, Plants Versu Zombieson my Mac has taken over a large portion of my life. Brains!

I warned you

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/18/14 11:14 PM

But did I listen? Oh no, it's just a harmless lil' bunny rabbit...

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/19/14 03:28 PM

Still playing Bravely Default, just beat the head of the "Bad guys".

Somewhere in the high 40s as for levels, and still kinda "messing around" with various jobs.

Got the Ninja job, the Arcanist job, the Spiritualist job, and the Templar job.

Not sure if I want to try for the Vampire job or not.
Since in order to get it you need to find 6 dragons & beat them, and then beat the big Vampire boss.

BTW there are several familiar sounding voices in this game.
I am pretty sure most of them did anime voices in the past/present.

A minor character named Egil (a young boy) was definitely Mona Marshal.

Yes there is quite a bit of voice acting.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 02/27/14 03:46 AM

I've resumed playing Batman: Arkham City (PS3), I just completed Mission 03: Locate Joker.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/08/14 03:43 AM

I'm about 5-6 hours into South Park: The Stick of Truth and I'm having a blast. If you like the show and RPGs then you're love this. The humor is spot on.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/11/14 07:22 PM

Tales Of Symphonia (GC)

I'm in love with this game. The adventuring party is so cool! I'm still trying to wrap my head around a lot of the systems, but that's half of the fun. BTW does anybody know if party members in reserve still gain EXP and Key Crest leveling benefits? I thought one of my reserves leveled up, but I'm not sure. So far, the stroyline is epic, and wraps you up in it. I'm hungry for every skit, conversation, and cutscene; not to mention I'm careful when making in-game replies… cuz I don't wanna miss out on anything. Right now I'm kinda investigating changing up my controlling character. I've been using Lloyd up until now, but I think that mixing it up might give me more "titles" for the other characters. So much to learn, it's overwhelming; in an awesome RPG overwhelming sorta way.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/13/14 02:48 PM

Tales Of Symphonia (GC)

I'm in love with this game. The adventuring party is so cool! I'm still trying to wrap my head around a lot of the systems, but that's half of the fun. BTW does anybody know if party members in reserve still gain EXP and Key Crest leveling benefits? I thought one of my reserves leveled up, but I'm not sure. So far, the stroyline is epic, and wraps you up in it. I'm hungry for every skit, conversation, and cutscene; not to mention I'm careful when making in-game replies… cuz I don't wanna miss out on anything. Right now I'm kinda investigating changing up my controlling character. I've been using Lloyd up until now, but I think that mixing it up might give me more "titles" for the other characters. So much to learn, it's overwhelming; in an awesome RPG overwhelming sorta way.
OK so I've finally gotten around to setting up the four "commands" for my team. this game is complex. sweat I love it! BTW do I taste a little Tales Of Phantasia GBA" in Tales Of Symphonia's battle system. confused I absolutely adore my party. I'm starting to get a couple o' EX skills for each member now. cool I am going to be royally pissed if they pull an Aeris ala FFVII. I'm starting to become scared, because I simply love the tragic and clumsy chakram wielder Colette. eek (No spoilers please.) I would be devastated if I knew there would never be another Colette shaped hole in a wall. angel Tales Of Phantasia is delicious RPG story goodness. yummy The story and character involvment with the human ranches is enthralling and tragic. Poor Lloyd. cry That's OK though. I recently outfitted him with Muramasa blades. shocked

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/14/14 01:23 AM

Fire Emblem Awakening, not really seeing why people say its amazing.
It's decent at best right now.

The animation is great, and the voices are good, just the actual battles could be more intersting.
Maybe it gets better later?

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/14/14 02:20 PM

Nope battles don't get better later.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/14/14 03:51 PM

Does the range on the magic/ranged weapons increase?

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/14/14 06:28 PM

Alittle, but not a whole lot. The whole point of the system is learning how to get in attack and get out. It plays very much like a wRPG and not like a jRPG.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/14/14 07:37 PM

I guess I was kinda thinking it would be similar to Final Fantasy Tactics, where you could easily kill the enemy from across the field.
Of course those maps were much smaller.

Oh, well I guess I will try to enjoy it as much as I can.
BTW I am playing this on the Normal Difficulty with the Casual option.
So if any of my guys die, they come back after the battle.
Of course if the Prince or your character dies its still game over.

Been doing the "side quests" as well.
Didn't get that villager guy to join my team (he was a farmer).

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/15/14 10:26 AM

Still playing Tales Of Symphonia and still loving every minute of it. I'm starting to get nervous… Colette is getting sicker and sicker each time we break a seal. No Aeris! You can't take her with you!

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/15/14 10:11 PM

Beat South Park: The Stick of Truth the other day and I loved it a lot. The humor was amazing, the animation was spot on, but is was very very easy even on the hardest setting. I will be playing it again soon to choose the other choices I didn't choose the first time.

Also, I just beat the first Uncharted on the hardest setting, now all I have to do is find the last 3 treasures and I'll get the platinum trophy.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/16/14 01:47 PM

Still playing Tales Of Symphonia and still loving every minute of it. I'm starting to get nervous… Colette is getting sicker and sicker each time we break a seal. No Aeris! You can't take her with you!
Despite the voice samples being somewhat infrequent by today's standards, it being an old Gamecube title; I simply love the voice work… love love love! I looked up the voice actors and there's some great names. I of course, reeeally like Heather Hogan as Collete. Although, I've now fallen under the spell of Tara Strong as Presea. Then again, Kari Wahlgrem simply shines as Raine. Jennifer Hale really brings Sheena to life, who; much like the three aforementioned characters, hasn't left my party roster yet… plot induced absence withstanding. Colleen O'Shaughnessey even plays the young male role of Raine's little brother, and one of the titular main character Lloyd's best friends; Genis.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/17/14 04:38 PM

Speaking of Tales of Symphonia, Ragnarok Odyssey Ace is going to have DLC from Tales of Symphonia Chronicles. And DLC from Akiba's Trip 2, Gravity Rush, and Dead or Alive 5. Though I wish we could've gotten the Grandia DLC as well.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/17/14 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: sevi
Speaking of Tales of Symphonia, Ragnarok Odyssey Ace is going to have DLC from Tales of Symphonia Chronicles. And DLC from Akiba's Trip 2, Gravity Rush, and Dead or Alive 5. Though I wish we could've gotten the Grandia DLC as well.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate also got a free DLC costume to advertise Ragnarok Odyssey Ace. The costume is for Kasumi and it's actually real costume that a couple of the booth babes wore at the Tokyo Game Show last year.

The costume also works on the Free To Play version (Core Fighters) on the PS3.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/17/14 06:21 PM

I like using Kasumi's booth babe costume. I wish KoeiTecmo would still do the Fatel Frame series as it had some great DOA Kasumi & Ayane costumes back in the day.
Posted by: soup or man

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/19/14 02:07 PM

I played Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and FFX HD pretty much all day yesterday. I finished the main mission in Ground Zeroes in just about 3 1/2 hours, but that was playing very stealthily and kinda sorta searching for XOF patches and just playing around with the game mechanics in general. But I went right back to it after putting a few hours into FFX. Overall I'm happy with my GZ purchases (I got it for both PS4 and Xbone) and I think it'll keep me entertained for a quite a while since I usually try to do everything in Metal Gear games, being that it's my favorite videogame franchise.

Revisiting FFX has been a delightful blast from the past. Story-wise, it's my favorite FF title. The game holds up really well and I've fallen in love with the soundtrack all over again. I plan on putting another big chunk of time into it later today. Here's to hoping for more art book packed games from Square in the future; I really dig those. On a side note: Seeing how well X came out in HD makes me very hopeful for a XII remaster.

I've also been playing Titanfall. Save for the framerate drops and screen tearing, I find it a very enjoyable experience despite the fact that I feel like I suck at it. The only FP shooters I've ever been good at (and I don't play many) are Halo and GoldenEye.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/19/14 04:39 PM

Which GoldenEye? 64 or Wii? Or maybe one of the EA ones on the Cube? I'm torn betweeen the original and the Wii version, although Perfect Dark (64) might pull the win for me as GoldenEye's spiritual successor.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/19/14 04:45 PM

Perfect Dark on the N64 was a blast. I also have the Xbox Arcade remastered version.

GoldenEye on the Wii is just COD in a 007 skin

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/20/14 08:54 AM

GoldenEye on the Wii is just COD in a 007 skin
That may be, but it was a blast! I never really got into the Call Of Duties on the Wii much. I've got World At War, Modern Warfare Reflex Edition, and Black Ops. GoldenEye on the Wii made excellent use of the Wii's controller style… which has become my all time favorite controller style for FPS. When I'm feeling really randy, I use the Zapper carriage.
Posted by: soup or man

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/21/14 09:38 PM

I'm playing 007 Reloaded on Xbox 360. I actually really enjoy it. Not as much as the original N64 versions of course, which I still own and will never get rid of, but I do like it. Personally, I don't feel like it's much like Call of Duty but then again I have't played much CoD.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/23/14 02:52 AM

I'm currently playing Final Fantasy X HD and I'm about 10 hours into it so far. It's been a long time since I've played FFX so it's nice to play through it again.

I'm also trying to platinum Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. All I have left to do is collect like 40 more flags.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/26/14 12:56 AM

I'm in Bowser's Villa in Super Princess Peach. G?? d??? Boos!

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 03/26/14 06:46 PM

Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma and Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate on the PS3.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/04/14 10:30 PM

The Witch and The Hundred Knight
Posted by: ninjachad

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/08/14 11:41 PM

Steins;Gate Visual Novel. Currently on Chapter 2.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/09/14 01:12 PM

I've been playing Dark Souls II and it's just as fun as the other souls games. Right now I'm at the final boss and then all I need to do is beat two optional bosses and move on to new game plus.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/09/14 03:20 PM

My Rheairds now have the ability to move between worlds, in addition to flying; in Tales Of Symphonia.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/11/14 02:01 PM

I've restarted playing Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3), I had to start from the beginning after losing all of my save data and game data.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/15/14 11:38 PM

I'm on to the second disc of Tales Of Symphonia.
Click to reveal..
What's happening to Colette? I can't take this emotional rollercoaster! The scene where everyone sees her shoulder is so tragic. cry
Furthermore, I'm starting to get the feeling that…
Click to reveal..
…Kratos is Lloyd's father.
Has anyon ever played the first Tales game? Well, I think it's the first anyhow; Tales Of Phantasia. I'm thinkin' about playin' that one after I finish Symphonia… although, I've heard rumor that there's a New Game+ in Symphonia; so maybe after that? I've also heard that there was an anime of Tales Of Phantasia. I remembere really liking the game, once I settled into the battle system.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/16/14 02:54 AM

Currently playing the Steins;Gate Visual Novel

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/16/14 11:15 AM

I'm currently playing Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PS3), I just completed Mission 02: Raxus Prime.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/16/14 03:24 PM

I love that game! I played on the Wii. The Wii Remote was made for Lightsabers!

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/24/14 02:23 PM

I've started playing Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 1 (PS3), I just completed Mission 02: Omega Base.

I loved that game! I played on the Wii. The Wii Remote was made for Lightsabers!

I believe the PS2/Wii version had different levels/graphics engine etc though, right?

I remember beating the PS2 version back during my High School years (I graduated July 2007).

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/24/14 04:33 PM

Lots of PS1 classics:

Thanks to a recent flash sale on PSN. I was able to buy eight PS1 games (Crash 1-3, Spyro 1-3, CTR and Gex 2) for $0.99 each. Sony also recently updated the firmware on the Vita, which now allows all PSP compatible software to work perfectly on the Vita. This includes all PS1 classics and PS Minis.

I'm having a blast playing Crash 2 and Crash 3 on the Vita. These PS1 classics look like crap on a big HDTV screen (via PS3), but they look fabulous on the 5.5" OLED screen.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/27/14 01:40 AM

I just beat Tales Of Symphonia.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 04/30/14 10:48 AM

Tales Of Symphonia - Dawn Of The New World

I'm lovin' the cameos! I just contracted a couple of monsters into my party.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 05/10/14 07:33 AM

Got through most of LEGO The Hobbit.
Then to pass the time I bought LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean for 3DS.
It's a rather short game, so I beat it as well.

So I have officially played all the LEGO games (for guys) on the 3DS.
I say for guys cause there's LEGO Friends which is based off the "girls" brand of LEGO they recently brought out. I heard that game is pretty bad.

Of course there's LEGO Ninjago Nindroids coming soon.
Based on the LEGO Ninjago sets they are doing now (which is set in the future).

Still messing around with Pokemon Y.
Decided to try to get all the Vivillon patterns.
Got 10 so far from Wondertrade/GTS/People online.

Still working in a slightly more balanced "Shiny" team.
I have one too many Dragons.
Need a decent Flying or Fire Pokemon (Shiny).

If interested in a Shiny Garchomp let me know.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 05/10/14 01:14 PM

Pinball, Pinball and More Pinball! laugh

Over on the PS3 and Vita, I've been playing Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within table pack that released last week. This table pack contains four new tables, which look stunning and they are all pretty challenging.

On my tablet, I've been playing The Pinball Arcade. Yesterday, I bought Junk Yard, while High Speed I bought last month got a nice update. I've been also playing Black Knight 2000 and Who Dunnit.

For those that are interested, The Pinball Arcade has amazing Free-To-Play mode for iOS and Android devices. You can play any table for free, but with a score limit. You still get a lot of bang out of it.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 05/10/14 01:46 PM

Has anybody played Disgaea DS?

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 05/17/14 03:39 AM

I'm currently playing Nier and so far I'm about 13 hours into it and I'm loving it.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 05/19/14 04:46 PM

So now I got 5 Shiny Pokemon recently...

Fletchling (now a Tallonflame), Clauncher (now a Clawitzer), Starly (now Starravia), Grumpig, and a Greninja (was a giveaway).

Not to mention the 6 Vivillon patterns that people gave me a Shiny version of (I have all 18 patterns now).
Apparently France is gonna get a Pokeball pattern Vivillon soon, so maybe I can get one.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 05/20/14 03:26 AM

Just finished up Nier and I loved it. Part 1 of the story was good, but Part 2 was really fun and awesome. I can't wait to go back and play New Game Plus to see ending B and to get more story details out of the second playthrough.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 05/22/14 02:10 PM

I've started playing Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (PS3), I just completed Mission 05.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 05/22/14 04:45 PM

Alright! I'm getting tired of playing pinball, so I decided to play an old favorite The Legend of Dragoon.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 05/23/14 01:30 AM

I'm about 12 hours into Drakengard 3 and despite what most of the reviews are saying, I'm loving it. I haven't encountered most of the problems they are complaining about.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 05/23/14 08:49 AM

Alright! I'm getting tired of playing pinball, so I decided to play an old favorite The Legend of Dragoon.
Goin' retro… bridgin' the gap between then & now. Hope it's a blast for ya. Legend Of Dragoon is in my "unplayed pile".

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 05/23/14 04:30 PM

Goin' retro… bridgin' the gap between then & now. Hope it's a blast for ya. Legend Of Dragoon is in my "unplayed pile".

I've been on a nostalgia trip lately. I've been buying a lot of digital PS1 games for my PS3 and Vita. The Legend of Dragoon still holds up pretty well. The characters look a little rough around the edges, but the rendered backgrounds still look gorgeous.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 05/25/14 03:53 AM

I just beat Drakengard 3 and the story was all kinds of weird, but I loved every minute of it. The characters were all their own and stood out from each other. I've gotten the first 2 endings and I'm working on the last 2. I can't wait for the DLC to come out so you'll be able to learn more about the 5 sisters.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 05/27/14 10:21 PM

Disgaea DS

OMG I am so in love with this game. It's too big! There's too much! I spent like three hours just familiarizing myself with the tutorials. Etna's got a Prinny squad. I found a Legendary(?) and two Rare(?) rated items already. I'm trying to wrap my head around the Geo Panels. Oh, and I've approached the Dark Assembly for like the coolest party EVAR! In addition to Laharl and Etna, and her Prinnies; Laharl has a Wind Mage(Abigail) a Fire Mage(Bernadette) and an Ice Mage(Crystal). Etna on the other hand has conscripted a Cleric(Angie) and a Brawler(Judy). They're all about level three and I'm getting everybody some items and weapons better than the baseline ones that I started out working with. Aaah! I love it! I've discovered that when Laharl is next next to one of his pupils, he can use a special move(or two) related to said pupil's school of magic; and he's got some sort of learning meter(?) that goes up a bit every time I do so. Etna also is able to heal when Angie(Cleric) is next to her. Speaking of healing, the Clinic(?) even rewarded me for using their establishment a bunch. Don't even get me started on throwing! Aaah! Too much fun! Gotta go!

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 05/28/14 09:21 PM

Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge

Been having this for awhile, but it has just been on the back burner.

Well with the thunderstorms and such today I decided to jump back into this game. Ayane is a blast to play as in this and really makes Hayabusa seem boring. So far story is harder then normal NG3 with harder hitting AI, new areas, unlockable skills, different enemy placement and upgrade to health.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 05/29/14 09:22 PM

I've resumed playing Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3), I just completed Episode 05 Mission 02: Open Sesame.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/03/14 03:14 AM

I played a lot of Mario Kart 8 that my cousin brought in with them when they visited and it was a whole lot of fun.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/03/14 10:10 AM

The gravity defying effect does look like a lot of fun. I hear you can race as any of the Koopa Kids.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/03/14 10:41 AM

The gravity defying effect does look like a lot of fun. I hear you can race as any of the Koopa Kids.

Yeah, all of the Koopa Kids are playable in the game.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/05/14 11:40 AM

I've stopped playing Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3) again...I just can't get used to the new battle/combat gameplay tactics etc...

Anyways, I'm now playing Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (PS3), I just completed Chapter 10: The Titan Factory.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/05/14 09:31 PM

Disgaea is overwhelming. There's just so much. Flonne is in my party and I'm on to the 3rd Chapter. I think that I maybe have too many magic users in my party. My mages keep dying!

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/07/14 10:51 PM

I've started playing Dead Space 1 (PS3), I just completed Chapter 05: Lethal Devotion.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/09/14 02:24 AM

Playing The LEGO Movie Game for PS3.
The game actually has stuff that's NOT in the movie.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/12/14 12:31 AM

I started playing Dead Space 2 (PS3), I just completed Chapter 02: I Need Transportation.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/14/14 11:42 AM

I always keep on coming back to this game. It just has so much to offer and there's always new DLC coming out.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/14/14 01:55 PM

I always keep on coming back to this game. It just has so much to offer and theres always new DLC coming out.

I play it at least every other day. I'm excited for Kasumi Alpha Phase 4 coming Tuesday/Wednesday of next week. And I look forward to NyoTengu's console release cause she looks fun

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/14/14 04:44 PM

I'm excited for Kasumi Alpha Phase 4 coming Tuesday/Wednesday of next week. And I look forward to NyoTengu's console release cause she looks fun

Ditto! Kasumi is my favorite fighter, so I have no issue in getting another Kasumi clone. It just means more DLC costumes for Kasumi. smile

As for NyoTengu, she'll most likely come to consoles in October. Just in time for Halloween. Looking at the previous character DLC releases (Marie Rose and Phase 4), there is a 3-4 month lead time from the Arcade release to the console release.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/14/14 07:12 PM

As for NyoTengu, she'll most likely come to consoles in October. Just in time for Halloween. Looking at the previous character DLC releases (Marie Rose and Phase 4), there is a 3-4 month lead time from the Arcade release to the console release.

NyoTengu is coming no later then September. When they gave us Marie Rose, Team NINJA announced that their plan was to give us all the DLC fighters at once in a discount. They then said that plan was still in place so we could buy Marie Rose now are wait for the bundle in September.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/14/14 07:50 PM

NyoTengu is coming no later then September. When they gave us Marie Rose, Team NINJA announced that their plan was to give us all the DLC fighters at once in a discount. They then said that plan was still in place so we could buy Marie Rose now are wait for the bundle in September.

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets delayed. NyoTengu has Halloween written all over it to me.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/18/14 06:41 AM

Disgaea DS

The reviewers weren't kiddin' when they said this game was brutal, boy howdy. I've started to move a few "residents" from some items into others. I'm equipping my lowest level recruits with said items, in an effort to keep them from constant slayings. I really dig my party. The main characters Laharl, Etna, and Flonne are very strong, but many of my recruits are easily slain. My Cleric Angie, for example; is having a hard time leveling up, due to the fact that combat is mainly how levels are gained. Being a healer, she doesn't see much action; without suffering the aforementioned slaying that is. My pugilist Judy however is virtually invincible. Those two are Etna's recruits, in addition to the three Prinnies she came with. Laharl's recruits are three mages: Bernadette (Fire), Abigail (Wind), and Crystal (Ice). My lowest level character is Flonne's lone recruit, the Warrior Val. I recently gave her a strong item and moved a few residents into her sword, so hopefully… yeah; the slaying thing.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/20/14 10:42 PM

I've started playing Saints Row 2 (PS3), I just completed Mission 02: Appointed Defender.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/21/14 12:55 PM

I've taken a break from the brutal Disgaea DS, and started Final Fantasy I on the Gameboy Advance. I recently acquired the strategy guide just in case I get stuck too. I don't know why, but making and naming characters is half of the fun for me. I'm really into my FFI party. My party as follows:

Okami - Level 8 Thief (eventually Ninja w/limited access to black magic)
Miko - Level 9 White Mage (eventually White Wizard)
Arthur - Level 9 Warrior (eventually Knight w/limited access to white magic)
Merlin - Level 8 Black Mage (eventuall Black Wizard)
Posted by: GuilewasNK

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/24/14 01:17 PM

Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition cool
COD Ghosts frown
NBA 2K14 cool

I don't know why I keep playing Ghosts. Probably just because it is easy to pick up and play quickly. Boring, boring game.
Posted by: Animejr

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/25/14 02:02 PM

I started ragnarok odyssey ace yesterday and im already hooked. This will be a blast. I kinda wish i would have waited til i finished far cry 2 but i think i can manage switching back and forth between a shooter and a rpg

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 06/29/14 02:48 AM

I've started playing Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse (PS3) :D, I just completed Mission 01: It's All Greek to Me smile.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 07/02/14 01:14 AM

I've been playing Terraria on the PS3 the past few days and have beat all but the final boss I need to beat to unlock hard mode.

But, right now I'm playing Danganronpa: Trigger Happy for the Vita and I'm still in the first chapter, but it's been really interesting so far.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 07/02/14 10:10 AM

I'm currently playing Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (PS3), I just completed Chapter 03: Metroplex Heeds the Call.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 07/18/14 02:23 PM

I'm taking down the bonus dungeon Whisperwind Cove before I head off to the the game's final dungeon the Chaos shrine; and I'm ridonkulously overpowered. My White Wizard and Black Wizard are killing half of the enemies with a single physical strike. I fought one the game's most dreaded secret enemies Death Machine… twice, and it only lasted a few rounds against me; although the stingy b?????? never dropped the Genji Armor.

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 07/25/14 12:50 AM

Just beat Tales Xillia. Loved it. ^_^ Now currently playing a bit of One Piece: Unlimited World Red. I'm kind of thinking about buying Tales of Symphonia. Does anyone have anything to say about it?

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 07/25/14 09:28 AM

Originally Posted By: ninjachad
Just beat Tales Xillia. Loved it. ^_^ Now currently playing a bit of One Piece: Unlimited World Red. I'm kind of thinking about buying Tales of Symphonia. Does anyone have anything to say about it?
I can't praise it enough. I played it and beat it for the first time just this year. An absolute must for the Gamecube! If you're a classic rpg fan, you're in for a treat. You simply can't help but become invested in the characters. The story is epic, yet holds you in the moment. The combat system is unique and interesting. kiku says go for it!

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 07/26/14 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By: ninjachad
I can't praise it enough. I played it and beat it for the first time just this year. An absolute must for the Gamecube! If you're a classic rpg fan, you're in for a treat. You simply can't help but become invested in the characters. The story is epic, yet holds you in the moment. The combat system is unique and interesting. kiku says go for it!

Thanks, kiku! It looks promising. I don't think I've played many classic rpg's, but I think I'll like it. I'll probably get it soon. smile
Posted by: KyleMills

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 07/27/14 05:31 AM

Oooh! Never been in this topic before... So to contribute, here are a few games that I beat in the last year or 2...

- The Last of Us
- Tomb Raider (2013)
- Uncharted
- Uncharted 2
- Uncharted 3
- Far Cry 3
- Special OPs: The Line
- Grand Theft Auto 5
- Max Payne 3
- Resident Evil 4
- I play through this once a year.
- GoldenEye 64 - Same as RE4
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
- Batman: Arkham Origins
- Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay
- Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
- Aliens: Colonial Marines
- Bulletstorm
- Rage
- Alan Wake
- Mass Effect 1-3
- InFamous 1-3
- 007: Blood Stone
- WWE 2014

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 07/27/14 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: KyleMills
Oooh! Never been in this topic before... So to contribute, here are a few games that I beat in the last year or 2...

- The Last of Us
- Tomb Raider (2013)
- Uncharted
- Uncharted 2
- Uncharted 3
- Far Cry 3
- Special OPs: The Line
- Grand Theft Auto 5
- Max Payne 3
- Resident Evil 4
- I play through this once a year.
- GoldenEye 64 - Same as RE4
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
- Batman: Arkham Origins
- Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay
- Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
- Aliens: Colonial Marines
- Bulletstorm
- Rage
- Alan Wake
- Mass Effect 1-3
- InFamous 1-3
- 007: Blood Stone
- WWE 2014
RE4 and Goldeneye are tons o' fun. Have you ever played Perfect Dark on the 64?

Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? - 07/29/14 09:31 PM

I've started playing Just Cause 1 (PS2), hopefully this game will keep me busy until my replacement PS3 Blu-ray laser arrives on August 09.