Games you like to see redone/ a new installment

Posted by: shinjiyo

Games you like to see redone/ a new installment - 11/09/12 01:29 PM

I don't know if there is a post about this already but if there is, I am sorry.

I have a few in mind that I would like to see redone fully and have a new installment to a saga/ franchise how ever you prefer to call it.

One that I would like to see redone and add a new installment would be Threads of Fate. I would love to see it fully HD up and coming on the PS3 or the new PS console that would be rumor to be heading in 2013. Not like the DLC in the PSN network PS Classics. you get the works. But I would be dreaming ='(

So post whatever game you'd like to see again redone or a installment to a series. I got a few but I thought I'd start with this.

Happy Friday!!!
Posted by: kiku

Re: Games you like to see redone/ a new installment - 11/09/12 02:03 PM

Great topic idea Shinjyo.

I can think of two titles that immediately come to mind, although they are both very old. However, were they to be released on the upcoming Nintendo Wii U; I'd go out and preorder a Wii U right now.

I would like to see Earthbound and Chrono Trigger brought back to life.

Re: Games you like to see redone/ a new installment - 11/09/12 02:40 PM

Did you mean like re-making Chrono Trigger? or a new Chrono title? Either way yea I would love to see Chrono up and breathing again.

That also reminds me! A new Breath of fire AND Wild ARMS title would be nice.

Never played Earthbound before. I might pick it up some day. *THUNDER*
Posted by: Animejr

Re: Games you like to see redone/ a new installment - 11/09/12 05:45 PM

I would also love to see a remake of chrono trigger however it must be properly done and not some rehash that makes the original look bad. I would also love to see ff 7 and 8 remade but i dont know if its ever going to happen even with the huge fanbase

Re: Games you like to see redone/ a new installment - 11/10/12 11:17 AM

Right on Animejr! Chrono Trigger would require the utmost love and attention to detail to be an homage to the glory of the orignal, and not sully it's hallowed name.
Posted by: Cheap One

Re: Games you like to see redone/ a new installment - 11/10/12 11:19 AM

Really wish Retro Studios could get Chrono Trigger, though with it being a Square Enix title no way is that happening.

Re: Games you like to see redone/ a new installment - 11/10/12 11:23 AM

I'm so glad that I've got my copy on the DS, which is an awesome upgrade from the original; without losing the original flavor. Truly a timeless classic.
Posted by: joelgundam01

Re: Games you like to see redone/ a new installment - 11/10/12 12:15 PM

I would love to see a new installment of Zone of the Enders.

Re: Games you like to see redone/ a new installment - 11/11/12 06:53 PM

U already got that its called a hd remake lol jk

Re: Games you like to see redone/ a new installment - 11/11/12 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Animejr
U already got that its called a hd remake lol jk

I said "new installment" as in ZOE 3. You know! The one that Kojima keeps on taunting for the past 7 years, but has yet to deliver on.

Re: Games you like to see redone/ a new installment - 11/11/12 10:24 PM

Yeah i hate when you get teased for so long. Honestly i still havnt played the games but its on my wish list

Re: Games you like to see redone/ a new installment - 11/11/12 10:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Animejr
Honestly i still haven't played the games but its on my wish list

ZOE 1 isn't too bad. ZOE 2 is just pure awesome and it still holds up quite well even today.

Picture piloting a Gundam from the Gundam Wing universe. That's how the game feels. You are piloting one very powerful mech (that flies and hovers), but your enemy has a few ace pilots and a lot of computerize units (like the Mobile Dolls).

My personal favorite part is playing the first stage, where you are on a winter planet. Ice glaciers everywhere, it's snowing hard and all of a sudden a swarm of 50 unmanned mechs come after you. The amount of power your mech has can easily kill them (beam cannons, light sword, vulcans, etc..). Plus you can grab a mech and throw them into the glaciers (very pretty looking).

Re: Games you like to see redone/ a new installment - 11/12/12 06:59 PM

Also a new Chrono title would be an awesome installment to the saga. But after years of reading and research about anything new about it, well its only be a dream come true... But HEH! A new DLC game for a new Chrono installment wouldn't be a bad start. =DD