How many anime do you watch?

Posted by: Nambu Hakase

How many anime do you watch? - 10/11/12 12:12 AM

I look through the forum seeing how much anime you're all buying and currently watching and it makes my head spin. I used to keep track of my own viewing habits. I pulled up my data at aniDB.com. It says over the past 3 years I've been watching 94 episodes per month (about 3/day). Are you watching more or less than that?
Posted by: Cheap One

Re: How many anime do you watch? - 10/11/12 12:18 AM

I watch less than that. 3 episodes a day seems a little much for me. Though I could maybe pull that when I get in a new blu-ray/dvd as I like to marathon them.
Posted by: EricDent

Re: How many anime do you watch? - 10/11/12 12:42 AM

When I was unemployed (after looking for work) sometimes I would marathon an entire series in one day. Sometimes I did 2 if I felt like it.

Now with work, I usually watch maybe one or two discs a week (maybe more if I get something new).

I tried to do a "what have you watched" thing over on ANN, but I kinda gave up since I have been watching for so long that I kinda forget what I have seen.
Posted by: dark_producer

Re: How many anime do you watch? - 10/11/12 02:51 AM

ill usually watch 5 or 6 episodes at a time but im not watching on a daily basis. the most i did in one day was when i tried to marathon Slayers. i tore through the first season, NEXT and started TRY in that first day. i finished the series and a few of the ovas in less than 3 days.....i haven't done anything like that since...
Posted by: kiku

Re: How many anime do you watch? - 10/11/12 11:38 AM

My anime watching habits are a fickle mistress to be sure. I don't really keep track of them however. That time is better spent watching anime. wink I think it depends on the anime. I just discovered Shuffle! for example. I tore through the entire series in 2 days! shocked I just couldn't put it down!
Posted by: joelgundam01

Re: How many anime do you watch? - 10/11/12 01:14 PM

It's varies, since I have multiple hobbies.

Sometimes it can be 2-4 hours a day, while sometimes it's 0. Currently, the only anime I have been watching for the past few weeks has been on Toonami (Saturday nights).

I'm planning to start rewatching a few titles from my collection soon (perhaps even tonight). Otherwise, I've been focusing heavily on my other hobbies.

Posted by: J.E.S.

Re: How many anime do you watch? - 10/11/12 03:22 PM

You know for me, it's seasonal.
I tend to watch more anime when it's colder cause I can stay in my room all cozy like.
I watch less in the summer cause I want to save money and not have the air on all the time.
And when I do watch, it depends on how good a series is.
If its really good I watch it with a week or two.
And if it's not so good... it can take me months.
It took me almost a year to get trough Saiyuki.
( the horror... the horror... cry )
Posted by: BWBODDY

Re: How many anime do you watch? - 10/11/12 04:09 PM

I like to watch all of one thing before starting on another. ( but watching a couple at a time has happened )
There are very few shows on TV that I like to watch soÖÖ
Most of my time is spent watching DVDís, Anime or Live action.

At this moment Iím going through all of the special features of the Twilight Saga.
( I already watched all the movieísÖ grinwatched them all in one night grin )
Iíll then re-watch the Movieís with the Commentary turned on, then Iíll go back to Anime.
( and give the Twilight DVDís back to my Daughter in-law )

But most of my viewing is AnimeÖ.
If I am at Home and Iím not on the Computer, Sleeping or Cutting the Grass, THEN YESÖ.
The odds are I have an Anime in the Player, Iíd say normally itís about 80/20 ( Anime / Live Action )
However, it can vary wildly if youíre measuring from week to week, like all this week itís been Live Action.
( I was out of new Anime and I didnít re-watch any Öthat I recallÖ )

HoweverÖ Heavenís Memo Pad, Hyper Speed Grandoll, Steins; Gate, Rozen Maiden, Deadman Wonderland.
All came in today, so Iím loaded for Bear, for Anime watching.
And I just got 4 new Live Action DVDís inÖ. I tackle those after my next block of Anime viewing.
Posted by: zrdb

Re: How many anime do you watch? - 10/11/12 08:11 PM

Probally 90% of what I watch is anime-I watch a mixture of stuff I buy, crunchyroll rips and fansubs. The other 10% of what I watch is science fiction such as Promtheus which I got yesterday and fantasy.
Posted by: EricDent

Re: How many anime do you watch? - 10/11/12 10:13 PM

Of course we could go with the obvious meme answer....

OVER 9000!!!!
Posted by: Nambu Hakase

Re: How many anime do you watch? - 10/12/12 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By: zrdb
Probally 90% of what I watch is anime-I watch a mixture of stuff I buy, crunchyroll rips and fansubs. The other 10% of what I watch is science fiction such as Promtheus which I got yesterday and fantasy.

prometheus is on my list too. I only hoped I'd have my 80" LED by now.
Posted by: BWBODDY

Re: How many anime do you watch? - 10/12/12 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Nambu Hakase
Originally Posted By: zrdb
Probally 90% of what I watch is anime-I watch a mixture of stuff I buy, crunchyroll rips and fansubs. The other 10% of what I watch is science fiction such as Promtheus which I got yesterday and fantasy.

prometheus is on my list too. I only hoped I'd have my 80" LED by now.

Prometheus
The Raven
Rock of Ages

Are on my Live Action list.... But not untill I watch
Hyper Speed Grandoll
Deanman Wonderland
Heaven's Memo Pad
Nadesico Martian Successor
"the new release"
( but it is a Series re-watch though )
Posted by: zrdb

Re: How many anime do you watch? - 10/13/12 12:38 PM

Now if you're asking how many shows do I watch at one time-my record is 12 shows but more like 5 or 6 which is my current maximum load.
Posted by: Nambu Hakase

Re: How many anime do you watch? - 10/13/12 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: zrdb
Now if you're asking how many series do I watch at one time-my record is 12 shows but more like 5 or 6 which is my current load of shows.
I was doing that while renting and hated it. Eventually, the next volume would be a long wait so they'd send me another show. It was a vicious cycle.