ANIME TODAY Forum Guidelines & Rules
Questions about orders from RightStuf.com or the Right Stuf
DO NOT – under any circumstances – EVER post your order
number on the forums. If you have questions about an order, contact our
customer service department at 1-800-338-6827, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail them
at: Right Stuf, Inc, PO Box 680, Grimes, IA, 50111-0680.
If someone requests your order number on these forums, they are most
likely trying to scam you. Please report them to a moderator
1. Commerce: Posts about and links to other retailers and/or
other people selling STUF!
- This forum is owned and funded by Right Stuf, Inc. Buying,
selling, and trading amongst users on this forum is prohibited, as is
linking to other retailers.
- You may link to personal websites, blogs, and news sites, as long
as they are relevant to the topic at hand, and as long as they are not
promoting sales of their own goods or services.
- Posters advertising products or creating accounts specifically
for spamming advertisements will be dealt with swiftly.
- If you are a publisher, please see the very bottom of the
2. Copyrighted Material
- Right Stuf forum users agree not to post any material protected
by international copyright, trademark, or proprietary right law without
the express permission of the rights holder.
- This includes, but is not limited to, magazine, book and
newspaper scans, television broadcasts, and copyrighted photos and
- If you want to bring something to the attention of other
forum-goers, brief quotes (and identifying your source) usually will
accomplish the same thing… and it falls under fair use.
3. Copyrighted Material, Part 2: Fansubs, Scanlations,
Bootlegs, Fan-translations and Any Other Unofficial / Unauthorized
Methods of Distribution
- Do not link to sites pertaining to fansubs, scanlations,
bootlegs, or fan-translations, or request files or links from
- Do not link – or request links – to illegal
streaming, video clip, peer-to-peer or torrent sites that would host
these items either.
- Discussion of websites that provide authorized, legal downloads
4. Other Links & Request for Links
Do not link or request links to:
- Bootleg sites
- Hentai/adult sites or hentai/adult images
- web sites that house or link to fansubs, scanlations,
fan-translations, fan-translating groups, peer-to-peer networks, or
unauthorized audio or video clips.
5. Sensitive Information:
- Please do not post “real world” information about
yourself, such as your full name and contact information, and current
- Linking to a user’s social networking homepage or blog for
the sole purpose of ridicule is prohibited, and the offending user will
be banned immediately.
We encourage informed, interesting, civilized discussion on these
- Do not devolve an argument into a mud-slinging, name-calling
- If you are involved in the argument, refrain from name-calling
and hate speech.
- Similarly, do not participate in an ongoing flame war/argument,
or help “fan the flames.”
- If you see any of the above happening, please alert a moderator.
(Don’t try to moderate it yourself.)
- Please post your topic to one forum.
- Do not post the same or similar topics across multiple forums, or
start multiple threads on the same topic.
- If a thread you’ve started needs to be moved, please inform
8. Off-Topic Posts
- Topics that are not relevant to any existing boards should be
posted to the Off-Topic forum, created specifically to house those
- All off-topic discussions should remain civil and respectful of
- Topics pertaining to real-life politics and/or religion are not
permitted, and there are plenty of other venues on the Internet that
9. Adult Content and Posts
- Topics regarding adult anime should be created and discussed in
the Critical Mass (Adult) forum and are strictly moderated.
- Discussion of adult anime in any other forum will be immediately
- Images and links to sexually explicit images in the adult forum
- The forum is meant for discussion.
- Only users over 18 years of age may access the Critical Mass
- Your avatar should be a fun and easily distinguishable way of
identifying yourself on these forums.
- The avatar should be no larger than 100 by 100 pixels.
- Please do not use a pornographic, violent, or offensive avatar.
(Or you risk us asking you to change it.)
11. Writing Style & How You Communicate
- Please write in clear, detailed, complete sentences, using
complete thoughts. This isn’t a term paper, but it isn’t an
instant messenger chat room either. L33T speak is prohibited.
- On the flipside, do not use the forum for long, rambling
blog-style posts. Those are best saved for your blog, journal or
- Do not reply to conversations with one-word answers,
unintelligible internet shorthand (i.e., text-message style), or
- When quoting another poster in your reply, please quote only the
relevant portions of their post to which you are responding. It makes
reading forum threads much easier for everyone.
- Please refrain from swearing. It makes the forums a less friendly
place and requires us to moderate everyone much more strictly.
- Please do not use racist, sexist, homophobic, threatening,
sexually derogatory, vulgar, or religiously intolerant speech. Respect
the other posters on the board and you will be accorded the same
respect. If not, we respect the right to remove your posting privileges
at any time.
12. Moderation - General
- Our moderators retain the right to modify, delete, lock, or move
threads and posts at their discretion.
- Please do not resurrect threads that have been locked, as those
topics were locked or deleted for a reason.
- If you think a thread or post should be locked, moved, or
deleted, contact a moderator.
- Please do not act as a moderator and announce thread lockings,
attack users for not following the rules, or post in threads that will
obviously be deleted or locked. That’s what the moderators are
for. If a user or a thread is becoming a problem, contact a
- While it is the moderators’ responsibility to remove or
edit objectionable or offending material on these forums, not all
material and all messages are feasible to be reviewed.
13. Each Post Reflects Only the Viewpoints and Opinions of
Its Author, NOT Anime Today or Right Stuf, Inc. and its
- As such, all posts made to these forums reflect only the views
and opinions of the author, and not Right Stuf, Inc. and its
- Posts on these forums by Right Stuf staff or moderators may not
reflect the views of the company as a whole.
14. Publisher Representatives: If you are an
officially designated representative of a publisher in the North
American market and would like to post on these forums, please contact