Topic Options
#49609 - 03/14/13 05:41 PM Re: Figures [Re: J.E.S.]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: J.E.S.
@ Sevi

I hear you on the one coin stuff.
I had been at one point eyeing the Hakuoki one coin set... but then price jumped Waaaayyyy to high for me...

Way above "one 500(?)yen coin * number_of_figures_in_the_box"?
(those trading figures are supposed to be put in gachapon machines where you insert a coin to get a random item out after all... wink )

A very large chunk of my collection consists of trading figures and prize figures, but AFAIK the only trading figures I have in the "one coin" line are the Escaflowne ones. (damn it, myfigurecollection doesn't have those tagged as "one coin"; need to fix that sometime in the far future...)

It seems that in the last few years for many (trading) figures it's "preorder or make do with sites like eBay, Yahoo auctions etc. and higher prices", which is understandable, since IIRC I read somewhere that they have to sell something like 90-95% of a figure production run to hit the breakeven point, so keeping the production run at the lower side of expected demand instead of still having some left over after years makes more business sense. :-|

My Chibikyun Chara Irisviel von Eizenbern still isn't here. frown
I guess the snowfall here in Europe has delayed SAL shipments from Japan... frown

Advertisement
#49610 - 03/14/13 06:13 PM Re: Figures [Re: sevi]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Originally Posted By: J.E.S.
The vibe I get from Cu-poche is more like; Your favorite character, as a cutesey kid!

A bit like the "half age characters" trading figures?

Originally Posted By: sevi
I wish I could aford those one coin sets. If I could find a legit set for under $200 I would buy them but the closest thing I have is a Hetalia set that's probably bootleg.

Ow, unless that was a 24 figure box, that's a huge markup. (on release a 10 figure box should be about 5000-6000 yen)

Originally Posted By: sevi

What I really want right now is this figure I saw a pic of online of Gilbert Nightray, but I haven't found it for sale anywhere. I'm also thinking of getting a Shiki figure to go with my Akira (Togainu no Chi).
Edit: Just bought Shiki. Put myself on a waitlist for Gil but it's looking doubtful so far that I'll ever get him.

http://myfigurecollection.net/search.php?overall=Gilbert+Nightray only list 1 figure and it has a 2013-05-27 Japanses pre-order date and is tagged as "Bundled with Pandora Hearts vol.20 limited edition."
It seems to have a pre-order stop at AmiAmi and my Japanese is too non-existing to see if it's actually pre-orderable from http://www.amazon.co.jp/PandoraHearts-20-%E5%88%9D%E5%9B%9E%E9%99%90%E5%AE%9A%E7%89%B9%E8%A3%85%E7%89%88-SE%E3%82%B3%E3%83%9F%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9%E3%83%97%E3%83%AC%E3%83%9F%E3%82%A2%E3%83%A0-%E6%9C%9B%E6%9C%88/dp/4757535872/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363301901&sr=8-1
(AFAIK Rightstuf doesn't sell Japanese manga, so I don't see a problem posting that link...)

#49612 - 03/14/13 06:38 PM Re: Figures [Re: Hobby Ninja]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
@ Maruko-kun

Yeah, in regards to the Cu-poche line, that's a great way to think of it. smile
I think it will find it's niche. smile

And the Hakuoki set I mentioned, it was around 120-ish which I thought was reasonable, but then it jumped up to about 180-200. eek
Needless to say... Not getting it.

Also, sorry your figures haven't arrived yet. I hope they get to soon. smile
smirk

#49613 - 03/14/13 07:39 PM Re: Figures [Re: J.E.S.]
sevi Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Pennsylvania
I actually managed to find a reasonably priced legit full one coin set for Togainu no Chi/Lamento the Void/Sweet Pool Chiral Gakuen set. So of course I bought it.

#49670 - 03/15/13 03:18 PM Re: Figures [Re: Hobby Ninja]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Sweet. smirk
smirk

#49787 - 03/18/13 10:25 PM Re: Figures [Re: Hobby Ninja]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I wonder if Cheap One will be able to resist this one.

#49789 - 03/18/13 10:39 PM Re: Figures [Re: Hobby Ninja]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I have my chibi Asuna. That will be enough. I don't have room for normal figures. Plus I have to save for the AOA release. I would much rather have Asuna on my screen then on my shelve.

#49801 - 03/19/13 09:19 AM Re: Figures [Re: J.E.S.]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Irisviel arrived. smile
http://anime-nl.net/images/merch_fz_iri_box.jpg
I guess that's the smallest box they use... (it was securely shrinkwrapped to a slab of cardboard that was snugly wedged in the package)

http://anime-nl.net/images/merch_fz_iri.jpg

She's about the same size as my Higurashi trading figures and, much, much smaller than my Rider prize figure. wink (both are by Banpresto)
http://anime-nl.net/images/merch_fz_iri_vs_rider.jpg

Originally Posted By: J.E.S
And the Hakuoki set I mentioned, it was around 120-ish which I thought was reasonable, but then it jumped up to about 180-200. eek
Needless to say... Not getting it.

To me it's kind of sad that a 100% markup over the initial release price is seen as "reasonable". frown
I think I've managed to look up that set: 9 figures originally sold in a box of 9 for 5400 yen in April 2010.
2010 is recent enough that such a box of trading figures very likely uses the "at least a complete set in each box" system, so there shouldn't be a high markup from a seller for having to search through 'N' boxes to get a complete set...
(Don't even see much of the "there are 2 color variants of a 'secret' figure and only 1 is included in each box, so you need to buy at least 2 boxes for an 'extra complete' set" system any more. Must have been old gachapon machinese in Steins;Gate, since you don't see many "metal" color variants these days... wink )

Let's see if I can stick to my "this was probably my last figure in a long time" intent this time... wink

#49818 - 03/19/13 03:53 PM Re: Figures [Re: SD Maruko-kun]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

I'm glad she got to you safe and sound. smile

And as for your "this is my last figure for while"...
Riiiiiight. That's what we all say... smirk
smirk

#49838 - 03/19/13 11:33 PM Re: Figures [Re: J.E.S.]
sevi Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Pennsylvania
That Rider figure looks huge though. He could eat my bitty Shinji and Kaworu pakus for a snack. (they are both about the size of a dime wink )

Edited by sevi (03/19/13 11:33 PM)

Page 74 of 145 < 1 2 ... 72 73 74 75 76 ... 144 145 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.