Start Shopping! Cart
Page 2 of 154 < 1 2 3 4 ... 153 154 >
Topic Options
#10218 - 05/25/09 06:49 PM Re: Figures [Re: Tsunami3k]
Risami Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

i was thinking of getting me some figures but most of them say on order from manufactor and for all i know frown it could take weeks!
T__T those figures are nice

Advertisement
#10228 - 05/26/09 09:30 AM Re: Figures [Re: Tsunami3k]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: North Carolina
Originally Posted By: Tsunami3k
I did another shoot today of a new figure. I told myself a long time ago that I wasn't going to be one of those collectors who bought a bunch of figures of the same character....<sigh/> This would be Yoko #3 for me:

Yoko Swimsuit #1
Yoko Swimsuit #2
Yoko Swimsuit #3
Yoko Swimsuit #4
Yoko Swimsuit #5

Hubba hubba. I've been looking at this figure myself. I only have one Yoko figure and it's one of the small mystery box figures.smile

#10250 - 05/26/09 06:34 PM Re: Figures [Re: Hobby Ninja]
Tsunami3k Offline
UPSF Commander

Loc: Overland Park, KS
Originally Posted By: Hobby Ninja
I've been looking at this figure myself. I only have one Yoko figure and it's one of the small mystery box figures.smile

There are a huge number of choices if you're considering a Yoko figure and my experience thus far is that figures of her seem to be nearly universally photogenic undoubtedly due in no small part to the fact that her original 2D incarnation is profoundly easy on the eye. If your heart is set on the swimsuit version, I should mention that there are two version, one with and one without the tan lines. The tan-lined version is a special edition.

#10255 - 05/26/09 07:13 PM Re: Figures [Re: Risami]
Tsunami3k Offline
UPSF Commander

Originally Posted By: Risami
i was thinking of getting me some figures but most of them say on order from manufactor and for all i know frown it could take weeks!

I never saw myself getting into figures from the start but I'm really enjoying it now that I have. I have had rather unfortunate luck with both preorders and "on order from manufacturer", however, so you may consider sticking with "in stock" figures while you're just starting out lest your budding enthusiasm be dampened by unanticipated cancellations.

I'm not trying to give TRSI a hard time, BTW, as I have enormous respect for their prowess as my preferred media supplier, it's just that I've had really crummy track record with figure orders (your results may vary, though). It's a real downer to miss out on a figure (most are rather limited), particularly for a someone just getting into collecting but if you consider yourself rather resilient in that regard then go ahead and give it a go. It's better to get into it sooner rather than later. ;-)

P.S. You might take a look at Mon Sieur Bome's figures. They're typically made in generous quantities so they're usually in stock everywhere. They're also very affordable and consistently provider a very good value. They don't always have quite the detail or crisp paintwork that more expensive figures often have but they're always quite well done (and, on the flip side, paying more doesn't always guarantee greatness either).

#10257 - 05/26/09 07:42 PM Re: Figures [Re: Tsunami3k]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
Originally Posted By: Risami

I never saw myself getting into figures from the start but I'm really enjoying it now that I have. I have had rather unfortunate luck with both preorders and "on order from manufacturer", however, so you may consider sticking with "in stock" figures while you're just starting out lest your budding enthusiasm be dampened by unanticipated cancellations.

Same here. I started off with just two at first and that was it for awhile, then it just started picking up and now i have about a dozen or so now. Just got an email in this week that two more on way with 1/6 scale Clare on order for June/July.

#10275 - 05/27/09 10:31 PM Re: Figures [Re: stargates]
Tsunami3k Offline
UPSF Commander

I've had this figure for over a month but just now got around to photographing her. I hope you enjoy:

Ikki Tousen ~ Shiryu Choun #1
Ikki Tousen ~ Shiryu Choun #2
Ikki Tousen ~ Shiryu Choun #3

#10306 - 05/28/09 02:09 PM Re: Figures [Re: Tsunami3k]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

There are a huge number of choices if you're considering a Yoko figure and my experience thus far is that figures of her seem to be nearly universally photogenic undoubtedly due in no small part to the fact that her original 2D incarnation is profoundly easy on the eye. If your heart is set on the swimsuit version, I should mention that there are two version, one with and one without the tan lines. The tan-lined version is a special edition.

Thanks for the info. It has been helpful.smile

#10310 - 05/28/09 02:59 PM Re: Figures [Re: Tsunami3k]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

I'm not trying to give TRSI a hard time, BTW, as I have enormous respect for their prowess as my preferred media supplier, it's just that I've had really crummy track record with figure orders (your results may vary, though). It's a real downer to miss out on a figure (most are rather limited), particularly for a someone just getting into collecting but if you consider yourself rather resilient in that regard then go ahead and give it a go. It's better to get into it sooner rather than later. ;-)

I know what you are talking about. I've had a couple orders cancelled on me. One was done before the release date of the figure (it was one I really wanted and haven't been able to find again at a price I can pay cry). But I have also had some success too. It's been kinda like gambling. Except when you win, you lose money.
I've started buying figures only that are in stock. A few months ago I actually ordered a couple from Japan. The postage killed me. I'm gunshy about doing that again. But, I got a figure I've really been wanting that is expensive here.

Satsuriku no Jango Sequel: Lily Salvatana PVC Figure 1/8 Scale
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo271/Hobby-Ninja/Lily01.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo271/Hobby-Ninja/Lily02.jpg

She is one of several figures from a video game. I was going to post the offical website link but it is an adult game.

#10329 - 05/28/09 08:23 PM Re: Figures [Re: Hobby Ninja]
Tsunami3k Offline
UPSF Commander

Except when you win, you lose money.

Hehe, except if your heart's set on a figure that sold out everywhere else while it was on order; then not winning means you lose 3-6x more money than if you had won. :-) Such is the case with my current obsession to find a Ryo[u]gi Shiki figure made by Good Smile. Gads that's a cool figure. Hindsight being what it is, I should have ordered several from each e-tailer and retired early as a wealthy figure merchant!

A few months ago I actually ordered a couple from Japan. The postage killed me.

That swimsuit Yoko was actually direct from Japan. Shipping can indeed be oppressive but going with SAL shipping instead of EMS can save you quite a bit (although SAL means no tracking while shipping via EMS is impressively fast).

Satsuriku no Jango Sequel: Lily Salvatana PVC Figure 1/8 Scale

Wow! She has very nice...features. I'd have never guessed she was from an H game. grin I didn't know it when I bought it but I have exactly one figure from an H game as well. It's never been release domestically so I've never played it but it's Ignis from Chaos Gate. I've gotten a bit more daring with a couple of my figures but few, if any, can compete with that level of ecchi! Very nice.

P.S. You may regret starting this thread because I suspect I can keep it alive for the foreseeable future. <EVIL_LAUGH/> (Figure photo backlog: 4; Garage kit queue: 5; Pending/Pre-Orders: 7)

#10350 - 05/30/09 11:34 AM Re: Figures [Re: Tsunami3k]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Ahg! Photobucket sensored one of my pics. You gotta be kidding. You can see that photo on Amazon all day long. I've seen worse on the history channel. This week. She had clothes on. Rant, rant rant... laugh Actually I am amused. Still, it's guite puritanical. Someone actually had to look at my photos and say -"Hey, this picture of this plastic busty woman that is still covered violates our subject matter agreement". I wonder if they sensor people's beach pictures?

P.S. You may regret starting this thread because I suspect I can keep it alive for the foreseeable future. <EVIL_LAUGH/> (Figure photo backlog: 4; Garage kit queue: 5; Pending/Pre-Orders: 7)

Regret? You gotta be kidding.grin

Page 2 of 154 < 1 2 3 4 ... 153 154 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.