Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 631 of 881 < 1 2 ... 629 630 631 632 633 ... 880 881 >
Topic Options
#48433 - 02/16/13 10:15 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
tigermoth Offline
UPSF Ensign

Bodacious Space Pirates. It's a bit slow-paced, but still fun with endearing characters, and I'm really enjoying it.

Advertisement
#48435 - 02/16/13 11:11 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BWBODDY]
KyleMills Offline
UPSF Commander

Loc: Michigan, U.S.
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY

For me this is one of Greg Ayres performances that I was able to stand.

Iíve stated on the Forum before that Iíve seen some many of his performances where he does the Greg Ayres Voice ( aka: That Voice )
The winy little bitch of a boy voice, that makes you want to throw something at the TV and/or cover your ears, I just couldnít watch anymore Anime he had a major part in.

I remember when I found out that Greg Ayres was voicing the lead character, I actual cancelled my pre-order of Deadman Wonderland.

It was sometime after that I did get it, I dared myself to do it, plus there was a price drop, and after seeing most of it on TV I knew it wasnít bad enough ( The Greg Ayres Voice )
to keep me from getting it. ( I hoped )

There were a few moments in Deadman where I was about to say no I canít do it.
Because he was doing that Wimpy, Winy, Crying Voice, than it would stop just in time for me to be able to continue to watch the Series till it happened again,
but ended soon after like before and I was able to carry on.

So, I liked the show, and it is something that Iím sure I could re-watch, so I added it to my collection.

Awww you got rid of your Tylor avatar frown haha, loved that show!

Anyways, ya i definitely hear ya on that one, i never really liked Greg either, but i don't really mind him at all in Deadman, however i think Eric Vale is stealing the show, he's great as the Warden!

I had that same problem with Monica Rial, she always uses that screechy annoying voice to the point when i see her name on the cast announcement as a lead, i pretty much write it off, NEVER liked her at all. Colleen Clinkenbeard & Todd Haberkorn to alot lesser extent, however as of recent they've gotten better for me.

I'm usually fine with an actor using the same voice as long as they are damn fine at what they do, i've always found Greg to be very average in the acting department, i've never had a problem with actors like Crispin Freeman, Steve Blum, Johnny Yong Bosch, Vic Mignogna, Brad Swaile, Travis Willingham, Eric Vale & Kyle Hebert, because they are damn fine actors. Honestly all the actors i listed above are on my favorites list.

Edited by KyleMills (02/16/13 11:14 PM)

#48438 - 02/17/13 01:51 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: KyleMills]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: KyleMills
I had that same problem with Monica Rial, she always uses that screechy annoying voice to the point when i see her name on the cast announcement as a lead, i pretty much write it off, NEVER liked her at all.

Monica has a large voice range, but she's usually cast as a young girl or cute animal. Go watch Burst Angel, she plays the main female lead (Jo) and you would never image that it is her. It's a really deep non-screechy voice.

#48439 - 02/17/13 02:58 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: joelgundam01]
KyleMills Offline
UPSF Commander

Loc: Michigan, U.S.
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
I had that same problem with Monica Rial, she always uses that screechy annoying voice to the point when i see her name on the cast announcement as a lead, i pretty much write it off, NEVER liked her at all.

Monica has a large voice range, but she's usually cast as a young girl or cute animal. Go watch Burst Angel, she plays the main female lead (Jo) and you would never image that it is her. It's a really deep non-screechy voice.

That i would have no problem with, & of course i understand that's who she's cast as & that's how she's told to play the character, but i can only take so much. One of the biggest offenders i can think of was her character in Full Metal Panic! Every time she walked on screen, i just kept thinking screen time that could go to Sousuke, Kaname & Kurz Weber is being completely wasted right now.

I didn't mind her as Bulma in DBZ Kai, can't really think of any other roles i liked her in.

Edited by KyleMills (02/17/13 03:00 AM)

#48440 - 02/17/13 07:23 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: joelgundam01]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.

I agree with that, I liked her as Jo. grin
Also, I can't remember the names now, they may come to me later now that I'm thinking of it.
There have been a few Animes that have had the Actors cast against type....
I recall a couple of commentaries ( that I watched not to long ago ) where, they talked about it.
Now it's going to Bug Me till I can recall those Anime Titles.....
crazy

#48441 - 02/17/13 07:33 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: KyleMills]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Awww you got rid of your Tylor avatar frown haha, loved that show!

Okay, here's another one grin

#48444 - 02/17/13 10:13 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: joelgundam01]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced

Jo is such a memorable character.

#48449 - 02/17/13 11:29 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Like I've said before I'm a big fan of Greg Ayres having talked to him at a local con a few years ago-I still think his best role so so far was Chrono in Chrono Crusade-ditto for Hillary Haag. She has a pretty good range, Shelly Callene-Black is good too.

#48450 - 02/17/13 12:27 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: zrdb]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: zrdb
Like I've said before I'm a big fan of Greg Ayres having talked to him at a local con a few years ago-I still think his best role so so far was Chronos in Chrono Crusade-ditto for Hillary Haag. She has a pretty good range, Shelly Callene-Black is good too.

I do agree with you about Chrono Crusade, a great all around performance grin

#48455 - 02/17/13 02:45 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: SD Maruko-kun]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Round Rock, TX
Well I guess I must have read it wrong.
About Dai Guard being dubbed by someplace else.
Though the main 3 actors did do a few other roles, they are no where as prolific or long lasting as the "usual gang".

I'm talking about:

Monica Rial
Hillary Haag
Chris Patton
Luci Christian
Greg Ayers
Chris Ayers
and the like.

Joey Hood (Akagi) was Jing, and in Zaion as the main guy Yuuji.
Lana Lesley (Ibuki) was only a main character in Happy Lesson (Yayoi), and Zone of the Enders (Rachel)
Steve Metz (Aoyama) was in Muyo Ken as Gennai, and Lost Universe as Kain Blueriver.

Looks like most of the cast was only around for maybe 2 years?
Lots of Zaion, Zone of the Enders, and the like.

Wonder if Monster Island is still around?
Nope it closed in 2005...

Page 631 of 881 < 1 2 ... 629 630 631 632 633 ... 880 881 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.