Start Shopping! Cart
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#9186 - 04/05/09 01:00 PM The best Anime Battle...
AnWeeZy Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: MD
Of all the Anime's you've seen what was just the best fight?

I know it's a tough one even for me... but, I think I want to go with final fight between Ryuho and Kazuma in s-CRY-ed that fight lasted like the whole episode and ended w/ just a straight up fist fight until one or both of them dropped...

Advertisement
#9187 - 04/05/09 01:23 PM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: AnWeeZy]
LuckySeven Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Macon, Georgia, USA
No question for me. The best fight scene I've even seen in an anime was Chun-Li vs. Vega from Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie. All these years later seeing it or even just thinking about it gives me goosebumps. Some how I doubt I'd ever see anything that could top that.

My YouTube Channel
My Collection

#9189 - 04/05/09 02:53 PM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: LuckySeven]
Ryos Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: GA
I'm kind of partial towards the Kenshin/Saito fight in the Rurouni Kenshin tv series. It wasn't as long as some fights go, but the choreography and whatnot were pretty good.

Current backlog purgatory: 27 Boxes frown Proof that anime costs more than drugs

#9190 - 04/05/09 05:25 PM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: Ryos]
WhtHawk Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: KS
I'm going to have to go with the fight at the end of Scrapped Princess between Pacifica and Mauser.

#9192 - 04/05/09 06:39 PM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: WhtHawk]
Tsunami3k Offline
UPSF Commander

Loc: Overland Park, KS
Originally Posted By: WhtHawk
I'm going to have to go with the fight at the end of Scrapped Princess between Pacifica and Mauser.

Racquel's decisive victory in an early battle with a petulant priest definitely makes my top 10 but it's too brief to make the #1 spot. Instead that honor goes to the episode 7 of Jubei-Chan 2: Cut, Fell, and Disappeared which begins with two extraordinarily gifted swordswomen who effectively throw themselves off of a cliff and battle on the way down. The swordplay in both Jubei-Chan series is extremely well choreographed and this battle is no exception.

Edited by Tsunami3k (04/05/09 06:40 PM)

#9193 - 04/05/09 09:18 PM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: Tsunami3k]
WhtHawk Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Originally Posted By: Tsunami3k

Racquel's decisive victory in an early battle with a petulant priest definitely makes my top 10 but it's too brief to make the #1 spot. ...

That one is much earlier than battle to witch I was referring, though a very nice battle.

#9195 - 04/05/09 09:47 PM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: Tsunami3k]
AnWeeZy Offline

Racquel's decisive victory in an early battle with a petulant priest definitely makes my top 10 but it's too brief to make the #1 spot. Instead that honor goes to the episode 7 of Jubei-Chan 2: Cut, Fell, and Disappeared which begins with two extraordinarily gifted swordswomen who effectively throw themselves off of a cliff and battle on the way down. The swordplay in both Jubei-Chan series is extremely well choreographed and this battle is no exception.

I actually wanted to see jubei chan, is it worth it as a whole?

#9196 - 04/05/09 10:27 PM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: WhtHawk]
Tsunami3k Offline
UPSF Commander

[quote=Tsunami3k]That one is much earlier than battle to witch I was referring, though a very nice battle.

I know the battle you're talking about. I hadn't meant to imply that they were the same.

#9197 - 04/05/09 11:01 PM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: AnWeeZy]
Tsunami3k Offline
UPSF Commander

Originally Posted By: AnWeeZy

I liked it a lot but it's not likely for everyone. The fight choreography is great but I'd hardly call it hardcore. Essentially Jubei's sword doesn't cut in the traditional sense but instead relieves its target of malice, despair or whatever drives her opponents to attack her. Her attackers, however, are out for blood and the fighting is usually fierce and dramatic.

I'm not sure everyone would agree with me but, in a way, it's a bit like a rather lightweight Revolutionary Girl Utena sans the angst and hormonal undercurrent; each of the resultant sword battles in both serve as both a literal and figurative playing field for the self-sacrificing protagonists to absolve their troubled opponents of their worldly woes. It's like a confessional but with more sparks! ;-P

Even Utena's satyr-equivalents ("Did you know? Did you know?!") are matched by Jubei's less-polished band of delinquents who conveniently happen to ask just the right questions and draw attention to key details but who are also active players in the storyline (as opposed to Utena's silhouette girls).

Even if you're not in to over-analyzing your anime, it's an enjoyable show. I did find the stilted dialog of one particular character in J2. Odago Ayunosuke is a very young boy and essentially made immortal and tasked by his farther to ensure that the rightful successor receives the magical eye-patch (that effectively transfers the abilities of the legendary Yagu Jubei to it wearer).

I'm sure the effect was to drive home the fact that he was a parentless and nearly feral boy who lived through the ages with little to no human contact and is thus excessively awkward but the effect is overplayed at times. In the end, though, this didn't preclude my enjoyment of the show in the least and Jubei-Chan has the dubious honor of being the first anime figure I purchased.

#9199 - 04/05/09 11:42 PM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: Tsunami3k]
Otaku_Maniac Offline

Loc: Louisiana
I'd have to say eiher the final (thus far)Ichigo-Grimmjow battle or the Ichigo-Byakuya battle. I know its all bleach but I like those battles. Its not on the anime yet but from what i read in the manga, the Ichigo-Ulquoirra battle should look good.

Edited by Otaku_Maniac (04/05/09 11:44 PM)

#9200 - 04/05/09 11:44 PM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: Tsunami3k]
AnWeeZy Offline

I liked it a lot but it's not likely for everyone. The fight choreography is great but I'd hardly call it hardcore. Essentially Jubei's sword doesn't cut in the traditional sense but instead relieves its target of malice, despair or whatever drives her opponents to attack her. Her attackers, however, are out for blood and the fighting is usually fierce and dramatic.

I'm not sure everyone would agree with me but, in a way, it's a bit like a rather lightweight Revolutionary Girl Utena sans the angst and hormonal undercurrent; each of the resultant sword battles in both serve as both a literal and figurative playing field for the self-sacrificing protagonists to absolve their troubled opponents of their worldly woes. It's like a confessional but with more sparks! ;-P

Even Utena's satyr-equivalents ("Did you know? Did you know?!") are matched by Jubei's less-polished band of delinquents who conveniently happen to ask just the right questions and draw attention to key details but who are also active players in the storyline (as opposed to Utena's silhouette girls).

Even if you're not in to over-analyzing your anime, it's an enjoyable show. I did find the stilted dialog of one particular character in J2. Odago Ayunosuke is a very young boy and essentially made immortal and tasked by his farther to ensure that the rightful successor receives the magical eye-patch (that effectively transfers the abilities of the legendary Yagu Jubei to it wearer).

I'm sure the effect was to drive home the fact that he was a parentless and nearly feral boy who lived through the ages with little to no human contact and is thus excessively awkward but the effect is overplayed at times. In the end, though, this didn't preclude my enjoyment of the show in the least and Jubei-Chan has the dubious honor of being the first anime figure I purchased.

well i definitely am into over analyzing my anime so, maybe i will check it out, thanks

#9201 - 04/05/09 11:47 PM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: Otaku_Maniac]
AnWeeZy Offline

what about the last fight between yusuke and shinobu sensui in yu yu hakusho? though that was more of and a$$ whipping... but still i felt bad for the bad guy, he was trying to destroy the world and even he didn't deserve that...

#9215 - 04/06/09 10:24 AM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: AnWeeZy]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
I vote for the ping pong match at the hot springs between Sunako and Kyohei in The Wallflower.

#9218 - 04/06/09 10:31 AM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: Stefanie]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
I can't believe i forgot that one. That was good.

#9229 - 04/06/09 07:36 PM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: AnWeeZy]
WhtHawk Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

The original season is great; the second season is very good. The second season keeps the bar high since the fights are in many cases even better than the original, but it recycles all of the jokes.

Tsunami3k, fair enough; my mind seemed to be in a bit of a mess.

#9231 - 04/06/09 08:03 PM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: WhtHawk]
Tsunami3k Offline
UPSF Commander

Tsunami3k, fair enough; my mind seemed to be in a bit of a mess.

No worries. It even occurred to me to better qualify it originally but I got lazy and hit "Submit". Que sera sera.

#9292 - 04/10/09 08:26 PM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: Tsunami3k]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

This might be more of a one sided battle, but the first episode of Gunslinger Girl when Henrietta gets mad and clears out a room of baddies. Scary. smile

#9342 - 04/13/09 11:48 PM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: Otaku_Maniac]
tronryan Offline
UPSF Ensign

yea i gota agree that the ichigo/grimjow battle was pretty awesome and sweet and i also cnt wait for the ichigo/ulquoria battle, that looks crazy as hell

#9439 - 04/19/09 10:12 AM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: tronryan]
Tsunami3k Offline
UPSF Commander

I'll also nominate the hot springs episode from Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, A Goddess Comes to Japan (Part 2: The Hot Spring) in which they boys reach new heights of epic failure at the hands of Sousuke's defense network while trying to peek in on the girls' bath.

#9442 - 04/19/09 11:59 AM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: Otaku_Maniac]
Otaku_Maniac Offline

Episode 10 of Black Lagoon when Roberta & Revy go at it. I like the very end when they just go blow for blow, knocking each other out. This gotta be the anime dubb with the most F bombs ever..

Edited by Otaku_Maniac (04/19/09 12:00 PM)

#9492 - 04/24/09 01:00 PM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: AnWeeZy]
Dangerous Offline

I will start off by saying that I have every intension of answersing the questions. This isn't easy.

Then as I strained by brain to come up with some sort of criteria to narrow down my selection, it became impossible.

I have seen titles from A-Z with maybe the exception of "U" titles majority of them have epic fights in them that I watched over and over again.

The awesomeness of some of the epic battles can't be narrowed down to one in my opinion.

I am slowly replenishing my Yu Yu Hakusho collection and can you narrow down the best fight Yusuke Urameshi had?

I know that I can go on & on with different series, so I will take a stab at the unanswerable question. I will submit Samurai Champloo last episode with Jin and Mugen. After their near death battles they both just endured; although they became friends in their journies, their Samurai Warrior Pride forced them to fight each other one last time, attempting to take each other's life. Their blades break and they collapse. Awesome.

For the record, I can easily post 100-200 more fights.

This ends my rant.

Edited by Dangerous (04/24/09 01:02 PM)

#9582 - 05/01/09 10:30 AM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: LuckySeven]
GuilewasNK Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Virginia
Originally Posted By: LuckySeven
No question for me. The best fight scene I've even seen in an anime was Chun-Li vs. Vega from Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie. All these years later seeing it or even just thinking about it gives me goosebumps. Some how I doubt I'd ever see anything that could top that.

That was an amazing scene. I recommend eveyone with the DVD look at the Japanese language track during the fight, then compare it to the US/NA version. It's almost like two totally different scenes. The US/NA packs so much more sense of danger and suspense with the use of music. You knew Chun-Li was in the fight of her life.

I have to think about what other scenes I like besides this one.

2418 discs and counting... http://guilewasnk.filmaf.com/owned/anime

#9628 - 05/04/09 05:15 AM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: Otaku_Maniac]
manga4micah Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Im going to have to say the Spike vs Vicious battle from Cowboy Bebop i am a big fan of that series and that fight always sticks out in my mind..

#10202 - 05/24/09 09:49 PM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: manga4micah]
AnWeeZy Offline

Originally Posted By: manga4micah
Im going to have to say the Spike vs Vicious battle from Cowboy Bebop i am a big fan of that series and that fight always sticks out in my mind..

I agree w/ you on thaT one 100%...

#10214 - 05/25/09 09:37 AM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: ]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I'm kind of suprised that no one mentioned any of the battles from Claymore.

#10215 - 05/25/09 11:35 AM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: stargates]
Tsunami3k Offline
UPSF Commander

Originally Posted By: stargates
I'm kind of suprised that no one mentioned any of the battles from Claymore.

I'm still waiting for the last disk before I start it. Some shows I know better than to torture myself with the between-volume wait.

I've already put in a few suggestions but I can also think of a half-dozen battles from Ramen Fighter Miki that would be worthy of nomination as well.

#10227 - 05/26/09 09:24 AM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: AnWeeZy]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: manga4micah

I agree w/ you on thaT one 100%...

Spoilers ahead.

That's my favorite series, and two of my favorite characters, but I resisted nominating that battle. I agree with both of you in spirit, but I've seen better fights in anime.

Click to reveal..
Episode 5 ("Ballad of Fallen Angels") gives us the first part of their battle, and while they both seriously hurt each other, neither one really wins (although Spike felt a lot more pain). Most of Spike's time is spent running around the church doing battle with thugs, and his actual confrontation with Vicious is short.

In episodes 12 & 13 ("Jupiter Jazz, Parts 1 & 2"), Spike and Vicious have a brief conversation early on, but the actual battle is in the air, at the end of the episode, and again the battle is inconclusive.

Regarding the final battle in the last episode ("The Real Folk Blues, Part 2"), most of that is between Spike and the countless thugs in the building. The actual clash with Vicious is very short, albeit fatal for both. It's heavy on style points and emotion, but there's not much action.

So, while the conflict between the two, over the course of the series, is certainly epic and dramatic, there's not really much in the way of a fight (physical violence), compared to other anime battles. Without the context of their relationship and the events that take place before and during the series, the actual fights between those two aren't very exciting. The original topic question is: "The best Anime Battle... Of all the Anime's you've seen what was just the best fight?" Spike and Vicious had one of the coolest anime battles (possibly the coolest), but it wasn't the best fight. I think Spike had better "fights" with Asimov, Mad Pierrot, and Cowboy Andy.

I'm not saying that you guys don't have a good point, but that's why I disagree. Perhaps I'm just over-analyzing again.

#10229 - 05/26/09 09:31 AM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: Otaku_Maniac]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: Otaku_Maniac
Episode 10 of Black Lagoon when Roberta & Revy go at it. I like the very end when they just go blow for blow, knocking each other out. This gotta be the anime dubb with the most F bombs ever..

Ah, now that's a good fight. smile

#10232 - 05/26/09 10:16 AM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: AnWeeZy]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
I think the fight between A-ko and B-ko from the first Project A-ko was pretty cool. When I first saw that, I was like...they just tore apart half the school and city...sweet.

There are other battles where more mass destuction has been delt, but you gotta love that they did this just because B-ko wants to be C-ko's friend.

#10239 - 05/26/09 04:47 PM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: Tsunami3k]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I'm still waiting for the last disk before I start it.

If you haven't seen it then you're in for treat. Real good show.

#10246 - 05/26/09 06:08 PM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: stargates]
Tsunami3k Offline
UPSF Commander

Originally Posted By: stargates
If you haven't seen it then you're in for treat. Real good show.

That's excellent to hear. I've enjoyed the manga since rolling the dice on an, at the time, unknown series. It sounds like it preserves much of the cool factor.

Off topic but did Stefanie's avatar change briefly to a front-on monocle shot briefly and then back to the original or do I just need to clean my crack pipe [again]?

#10248 - 05/26/09 06:15 PM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: Tsunami3k]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Don't worry. It changed. I saw that too.

#10260 - 05/26/09 09:58 PM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: Tsunami3k]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Off topic but did Stefanie's avatar change briefly to a front-on monocle shot briefly and then back to the original or do I just need to clean my crack pipe [again]?

lol That reminds me of a song by an old Atlanta band, The Coolies. I'll PM you. smile

Nobody noticed when I changed her from facing left to facing right (which I've done a few times), but the front-on view is pretty hard to miss. This weekend was the first time I've used it, but I need to keep that one in the rotation.

#10261 - 05/26/09 10:24 PM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: Stefanie]
Tsunami3k Offline
UPSF Commander

A great song by any measure! Perfect for burnin' off the haze of a post-holiday workday (and the ends of my fingers). I'm glad to know I'm sane (on this point at least).

#10277 - 05/28/09 12:18 AM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: J.E.S.]
AnWeeZy Offline

I started this thread and now I'm totally lost, there are so many anime's and so little time... claymore, black lagoon, i have seen none of these... sigh

#10283 - 05/28/09 04:17 AM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: AnWeeZy]
Otaku_Maniac Offline

I started this thread and now I'm totally lost, there are so many anime's and so little time... claymore, black lagoon, i have seen none of these... sigh

You need to get Black Lagoon Now.....

#10285 - 05/28/09 08:20 AM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: Otaku_Maniac]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

lol No matter how much you see, there's always more.

Ditto... assuming animated violence doesn't bother you. wink

#10289 - 05/28/09 10:45 AM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: Stefanie]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: Stefanie

Ditto... assuming animated violence doesn't bother you. wink

Indeed! Especially if you liked Cowboy Bebop.

#10311 - 05/28/09 03:10 PM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: joelgundam01]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: North Carolina
Just watched disc five of Claymore and I'm going to vote for the big battle with the awakened beings. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time both excited and disgusted. sick
It actually made me nervous to watch. An overall awesome anime. Very artistic in animation, music and sound.

#10649 - 06/08/09 02:50 PM Re: The best Anime Battle... [Re: Stefanie]
AnWeeZy Offline

Definitely love violence... The next one I was picking up was Berserk though, I'll just have to add Black Lagoon to "The List" I suppose, lol...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.