Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#7052 - 01/25/09 09:37 AM Re: Suggested anime for Right Stuf to license [Re: CandyCandy]
LordGeo Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

So I'm guessing that this is the official 2009 anime license request topic for this forum now, huh?

Anyway, I'll ad my list:
Ring ni Kakero 1
Akagi
Kaiji

And I'll add in a City Hunter license rescue.

Advertisement
#7064 - 01/25/09 03:31 PM Re: Suggested anime for Right Stuf to license [Re: LordGeo]
Milk Offline
UPSF Ensign

The year 2005 brought many great anime such as Kamichu, Ichigo Marshmallow, Honey and Clover, Mushishi, and last but not least, ARIA & EMMA, which are all licensed. There are tons of other "mediocre" titles from 2005 which were licensed and released; which I won't list because it would be kind of long.

Amongst these titles is a true gem that people overlooked -whether due to lack of fansubs or lack of discussion- and went unnoticed. I believe that title is Petopeto-san. I have heard nothing but praises from fans who are familiar with this show and it even was a good contender for best of 2005, regardless of popularity. My only hope of Petopeto-san license is with you guys! Oh Dark Lord, I promise to buy at least 3 copies if you can grant thy wish. XD

Edited by Milk (01/25/09 03:32 PM)

#7882 - 02/20/09 11:29 PM Re: Suggested anime for Right Stuf to license [Re: Chrisc]
e-imi Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: Canada
I strongly agree with ToHeart: Remember My Memories and ToHeart2 + all the OAVs. The ToHeart series is my favorite anime, and actually, ToHeart2 is more popular than ToHeart because a lot of people see the characters online and I know that those people would be curious about the anime and backstory behind those characters.

I would be overjoyed if you guys licensed it! Out of all the other companies, you guys have always been my favorite! :3

#8377 - 03/03/09 05:20 PM Re: Suggested anime for Right Stuf to license [Re: e-imi]
Oedipus Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: Philly US
Well, I've got a couple of suggestions for new titles, but they're not your typical anime/manga titles. I've been playing Atlus' Shin Megami Tensei series, and the games are excellent. Looking into to them, I discovered they are based off of a SciFi novel series called Megami Tensei by Aya Nishitani. I was also looking for a translation of the Crest of the Stars novels by Morioka Hiroyuki awhile back and never could find a translation for that series either. (Edit - just found out that TokyoPop released that in English, heading to the store now..) I don't really know why people never translate actual books besides classics like "The Tales of Genji" but it could possibly be a new market, at least one that I'm interested in.

Edited by Oedipus (03/03/09 05:33 PM)

#8387 - 03/03/09 09:24 PM Re: Suggested anime for Right Stuf to license [Re: Oedipus]
joelgundam01 Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: Oedipus
I don't really know why people never translate actual books besides classics like "The Tales of Genji" but it could possibly be a new market, at least one that I'm interested in.

It's because the sales decrease with each new installment. This came directly from a Tokyopop last Spring, before they did the downsizing. Oh and don't count on seeing the Banner of the Stars novels come up here.

There are only a handful of novel series that are still releasing up here.

Edited by joelgundam01 (03/03/09 09:24 PM)

#8542 - 03/09/09 08:32 AM Re: Suggested anime for Right Stuf to license [Re: joelgundam01]
GreenGel Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Hudson Valley, NY
I haven't seen any of it, but I can promise I would buy if it was licensed:

Aishiteruze Baby

I recently bought and read all of the manga and loved it. Such a wonderful story. If the anime gets even close to the manga, then I'm sure it will be great.

I also think it fits in well with other TRSI titles and while I would love to see a dub on it, I would still buy as a sub-only release.

#8549 - 03/09/09 03:09 PM Re: Suggested anime for Right Stuf to license [Re: GreenGel]
Hikari Offline

Loc: So. Cal.
I would like to recommend Nodame Cantabile. It's a really lovely show, and is quite popular. I think it could be a success.

#9293 - 04/10/09 08:32 PM Re: Suggested anime for Right Stuf to license [Re: Hikari]
sorairo Offline

I would like to recommend the following anime:
-Lovely Complex (Funny,light-hearted, and never a dull moment. It also has similar charms as Gakuen Alice.)
-Bokura ga Ita (Romance and drama. The fans of anime like Kare Kano, Paradise Kiss, Peach Girl, etc. will flock to this anime.)
-Nana (Similar reason as Bokura ga Ita. Also it already has a lot of publicity through the success of its two live action movies).
-UFO Baby/Daa! Daa! Daa! (This anime is adorable and can appeal to a wide range of ages. Also, fans of Kodocha will likely to enjoy this anime as well.)
-Nodame Cantabile (Like Hikari said, it has a big potential to be a success because of it original storyline and comedic elements.

#9365 - 04/14/09 11:11 PM Re: Suggested anime for Right Stuf to license [Re: sorairo]
animefan001 Offline

- Re: Cutey Honey
- Lovely Complex

I'd love to see either (or both!) of these licensed at some point.

#9460 - 04/20/09 04:49 AM Re: Suggested anime for Right Stuf to license [Re: animefan001]
MackDaddyHart Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: Virginia, United States
Ef- a tale of memories: No matter where you go, it's one the highest rated shows. People love this show.

Shakugan no Shana 2 and Zero no Tsukaima 2 & 3: The first seasons are already licensed and beloved, but they just aren't as good without their sequels.

Toradora: Probably the best high school themed rom/com I've seen and very, very popular amongst the community.

Minami-Ke: This show is always mentioned with Lucky Star and Azumanga Daioh when people ask about the best school slice of life shows. The 2nd and 3rd season aren't very good, but the first season is amazing.

Dubs would be nice, but not necessary. I believe, though, Ef and Toradora would translate smoothly because they aren't riddled with Japanese culture and have easy to pronounce names. Shana already had a great cast, but ZnT would need a whole new cast.

Edited by MackDaddyHart (04/20/09 04:51 AM)

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.