Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
#780 - 05/18/08 06:28 PM what cons are u attending this year?
otakuden Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: somewhere south of normal
the only con i do each year is Anime Weekend Atlanta. this year will be my 4th year in a row. love it smile this year, my girlfriend will be going with me so i'm looking forward to that.

what cons are y'all going to?

Advertisement
#783 - 05/18/08 09:44 PM Re: what cons are u attending this year? [Re: otakuden]
LoStSouLs Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Texas
a-kon in a week and 5 days. 5th year ive gone to it, and still love every moment of it.

#790 - 05/19/08 09:19 PM Re: what cons are u attending this year? [Re: LoStSouLs]
otakuden Offline
UPSF Captain

Originally Posted By: LoStSouLs
a-kon in a week and 5 days. 5th year ive gone to it, and still love every moment of it.

shweet smile post pics? *sparkles*

maybe in a few years when i'm debt-free i'll be able to do a few more cons a year. gotta make sure i have moolah for other vacation destinations too. like japan. and anywhere beer related laugh

#792 - 05/19/08 10:49 PM Re: what cons are u attending this year? [Re: otakuden]
LoStSouLs Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Texas
its kinda funny. Every year that we go, we take a camera and never really take a lot of pictures :-p

#796 - 05/19/08 11:15 PM Re: what cons are u attending this year? [Re: otakuden]
Alpha_Zeon Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Loc: MS
I've been contemplating going to a con for about a year now. I've been into anime for awhile, but I grew up around ppl that didn't even know what the word meant. Well, there was this one dude that was only interested in Inuyasha, but other than that he didn't like anything else. It would just feel sad going to some event all alone; thats what's been holding me back from going to a con.

#811 - 05/20/08 06:48 AM Re: what cons are u attending this year? [Re: LoStSouLs]
otakuden Offline
UPSF Captain

Originally Posted By: LoStSouLs
its kinda funny. Every year that we go, we take a camera and never really take a lot of pictures :-p

lol! i'm a camera whore. i carry it with me everywhere, and at cons, it's an otakuden free-for-all. i literally take hundreds of pics, with at least 90% of that being cosplayers.

#812 - 05/20/08 07:02 AM Re: what cons are u attending this year? [Re: Alpha_Zeon]
otakuden Offline
UPSF Captain

Originally Posted By: Alpha_Zeon
It would just feel sad going to some event all alone; thats what's been holding me back from going to a con.

totally understandable, especially if it's your first con. after going to a few, going alone isn't as daunting as it initially sounded. but as a first con, that can be intimidating to anybody.

it depends on the con and con-goers, but it can sometimes be rather easy to meet/make new acquaintances and friends at a con. even when you know nobody, there is one thing you know, everyone who you see is there because they enjoy anime.

if you ever make Anime Weekend Atlanta a destination of yours, i'll be there smile

#823 - 05/20/08 05:44 PM Re: what cons are u attending this year? [Re: otakuden]
Alpha_Zeon Offline

Loc: MS
Thats the thing, I be tha strong silent type. LOL. I'd prolly get to the door to walk in and then dart out running in the opposite direction or try to find a place to hide so as not to be seen.

#832 - 05/20/08 07:00 PM Re: what cons are u attending this year? [Re: Alpha_Zeon]
otakuden Offline
UPSF Captain

Originally Posted By: Alpha_Zeon
Thats the thing, I be tha strong silent type. LOL. I'd prolly get to the door to walk in and then dart out running in the opposite direction or try to find a place to hide so as not to be seen.

{hugs} daijobu.

amazingly enough, i'm usually the shy/quiet/keeps to herself kinda gal, but to balance that out, when it's something i'm super-excited about, watch out. it be a full on otaku geek explosion laugh

well, if u ever feel like giving AWA a try, let me know smile

#835 - 05/20/08 08:06 PM Re: what cons are u attending this year? [Re: otakuden]
long time lurker Offline

Loc: through the looking glass
I am pretty much the type of person who would rather rip my nails off then actually go do something new. *thinks of Higurashi no naku koro ni* But I was practically dragged to my first con and I have gone every year after to Naka-Kan. I am still not going to cos-play, but I do enjoy looking at the others who do. Some of those are REALLY well done.

*shivers* wow, I need to get that out of my head. So painful to watch.

Edited by long time lurker (05/20/08 09:08 PM)
And slowly, you'll come to realize. It's all as it should be. You can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a trade off. We could loose it all, but we'll go down fighting.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 ... 23 24 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.