Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 548 of 585 < 1 2 ... 546 547 548 549 550 ... 584 585 >
Topic Options
#68061 - 04/25/14 11:20 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: SwatKat90]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: SwatKat90
Bubblegum Crisis and Crash-Classic Cyberpunk OVAs with kick-ass J-Rock translated soundtracks, succeeding in where many English translated songs fail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp5_QuZqJe4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MXsvfAAVr8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4O-DtXgI2I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zky6MuD-76g
Love for the Bubbleverse! kiku's Bubbleverse collection as it stands:

Bubblegum Crisis Remastered Edition Packed With Extras (AnimEigo DVD)
AD Police Files 1 - 3 (AnimEigo DVD)
Total Crash Bubblegum Crash Complete Collection (AnimEigo DVD)
From The Files Of The A.D. Police To Protect And Serve (ADV DVD)
Parasite Dolls Beware The Temptations Of The Flesh (ADV DVD)
Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 Anime Classics (Funimation DVD)

Advertisement
#68067 - 04/26/14 01:38 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: kiku
Originally Posted By: SwatKat90
Bubblegum Crisis and Crash-Classic Cyberpunk OVAs with kick-ass J-Rock translated soundtracks, succeeding in where many English translated songs fail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp5_QuZqJe4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MXsvfAAVr8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4O-DtXgI2I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zky6MuD-76g
Love for the Bubbleverse! kiku's Bubbleverse collection as it stands:

Bubblegum Crisis Remastered Edition Packed With Extras (AnimEigo DVD)
AD Police Files 1 - 3 (AnimEigo DVD)
Total Crash Bubblegum Crash Complete Collection (AnimEigo DVD)
From The Files Of The A.D. Police To Protect And Serve (ADV DVD)
Parasite Dolls Beware The Temptations Of The Flesh (ADV DVD)
Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 Anime Classics (Funimation DVD)

I've got all of those as well, which reminds me it is time for a re-watch of my Bubbleverse Titles.

#68069 - 04/26/14 02:45 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
kakashi12210 Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: West Virginia
I just finished the third Berserk movie and it was fantastic. This is my favorite manga series and the original anime is in my top 2 favorite anime ever. I can't wait for the next movie or TV series to start up. They showed some characters in the beginning credits that didn't show up in this movie and at the end of the movie it said this is only the beginning.

#68081 - 04/26/14 10:48 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: kakashi12210]
t-Roy Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Lancaster County, PA
Originally Posted By: kakashi12210
I just finished the third Berserk movie and it was fantastic. This is my favorite manga series and the original anime is in my top 2 favorite anime ever. I can't wait for the next movie or TV series to start up. They showed some characters in the beginning credits that didn't show up in this movie and at the end of the movie it said this is only the beginning.

So how does the movies compare to the series? I need to pick up where I left off watching my box set, so I haven't bought the 3 movies yet... is it worth having both? I know they're continuing the story with future movies, so I guess that already answers my last question...

t-Roy's anime collection on FilmAF
t-Roy's FREYMAX 3D Theater

#68082 - 04/26/14 11:04 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: t-Roy]
kakashi12210 Offline
UPSF Commodore

Originally Posted By: t-Roy

So how does the movies compare to the series? I need to pick up where I left off watching my box set, so I haven't bought the 3 movies yet... is it worth having both? I know they're continuing the story with the movies, so I guess that already answers my last question...

The 3 movies retell the Golden Age arc of the manga. Which is what the original anime also covered. The original series has 25 episode to tell the story, so it has more time to flesh everything out. But, it also leaves out a very important character. The movies tell the most important parts of the story and skips most of the other stuff. If you watch the movies first without having seen the anime or read any of the manga, it might be hard to follow. The animation for the movies can be awkward at times, but the animation for the anime is very minimal at parts. I think I'd prefer the original anime, but I'm still glad I got and watched the movies.

#68086 - 04/26/14 12:28 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: kakashi12210]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: t-Roy

So how does the movies compare to the series? I need to pick up where I left off watching my box set, so I haven't bought the 3 movies yet... is it worth having both? I know they're continuing the story with the movies, so I guess that already answers my last question...

The 3 movies retell the Golden Age arc of the manga. Which is what the original anime also covered. The original series has 25 episode to tell the story, so it has more time to flesh everything out. But, it also leaves out a very important character. The movies tell the most important parts of the story and skips most of the other stuff. If you watch the movies first without having seen the anime or read any of the manga, it might be hard to follow. The animation for the movies can be awkward at times, but the animation for the anime is very minimal at parts. I think I'd prefer the original anime, but I'm still glad I got and watched the movies.

I just now finished up watching the 3rd movie myself, and it's pretty wicked.
They sure didn't hold back, this one is most definitely a hard R rating

#68094 - 04/26/14 02:42 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: BWBODDY]
t-Roy Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Lancaster County, PA
Finished up both Princess Jellyfish and Puella Magi Madoka Magica series last night, so now tonight I gotta watch something manly, to help lower my elevated estrogen levels... wink

Ah, I'll continue on with where I left off in Psycho-Pass - that should do the trick! wink grin

t-Roy's anime collection on FilmAF
t-Roy's FREYMAX 3D Theater

#68157 - 04/28/14 02:36 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
kakashi12210 Offline
UPSF Commodore

I just finished up Hand Maid May

#68162 - 04/28/14 12:10 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
Robotics Notes. Pretty good scifi series. Second time through and i picked up things i missed the first time.

#68177 - 04/28/14 02:31 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: kakashi12210]
J.E.S. Online
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
I just finished up Hand Maid May

I liked that one too.
May and glasses girl (sorry, it's been a long time since I saw it) where my favorite girls.

Which did you like?

Page 548 of 585 < 1 2 ... 546 547 548 549 550 ... 584 585 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.