Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 26 of 29 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 >
Topic Options
#66357 - 03/19/14 12:31 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: kakashi12210]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: kakashi12210
Just finished up Dragonar Academy Volume 1 and like Kiku I didn't plan on reading it all at once, but I couldn't help myself. I really enjoyed it and I can't wait for volume 2. Also I can't wait for the anime that's going to start airing in April.
It was just so addictive. I felt like I had just picked it up… and I was done all of a sudden. The wait for volume 2 is on… but the wait for volume three is even longer!

Advertisement
#66375 - 03/19/14 03:42 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: kiku]
sevi Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Pennsylvania
Finished reading Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service vol.12 last night. (Only one volume left until I have to play the waiting game again cry )
There were 3 stories broken up between 8 chapters. The first had the KCDS helping a debt collector find a man who she believed had been replaced by an imposter. This lead them to finding an online gaming community where men were trading their lives with others in order to repay their debt by earning online money. Involved a few deaths and had a scene where someone's face got cut off. And very weird virtual sex.
The second story was about a host club girl who was able to astral project. She meets up with a guy who's a comedian in training that gets paid to live in houses and apartments where people have died or committed suicide. They both get caught up with the famous comedian the guy had been studying under through his shady house flipping scams.
The last storyline had the KCDS get involved with a doll maker and the little sister sex doll he made. A doll that was very popular with doll collectors. There was a lot of nudity in this one. But it was also touching in a way.

#66692 - 03/26/14 03:24 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: sevi]
sevi Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Pennsylvania
Started reading Attack on Titan: Junior High last night. And man is it hysterical. It's definitely hard to see Titans the same way after seeing Eren steal a giant pair of panties from one. Or be pulled out of another Titan's mouth covered in Chinese food. And Armin's grandfather is awesome. "Armin, your psychopath friends are here to see you."

#66756 - 03/27/14 11:21 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: sevi]
kakashi12210 Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: West Virginia
Originally Posted By: sevi
Started reading Attack on Titan: Junior High last night. And man is it hysterical. It's definitely hard to see Titans the same way after seeing Eren steal a giant pair of panties from one. Or be pulled out of another Titan's mouth covered in Chinese food. And Armin's grandfather is awesome. "Armin, your psychopath friends are here to see you."

I've been reading this too. It's fun to see characters you know, but in a different comedic setting. It's not something I could read from cover to cover, but I do enjoy reading a chapter or two whenever I find the time.

#67142 - 04/07/14 12:00 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Strike Witches - Maidens In The Sky Volume 2

Just as charming and enjoyable as the first volume. Kanesada was a riot! Now that I'm done with Maidens In The Sky, I'm rabidly looking forward to The Fuso Sea Incedent and The Sky That Connects Us. I still haven't heard a peep about One Winged Witches yet though.

#67143 - 04/07/14 12:20 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: kiku

Just as charming and enjoyable as the first volume. Kanesada was a riot! Now that I'm done with Maidens In The Sky, I'm rabidly looking forward to The Fuso Sea Incedent and The Sky That Connects Us. I still haven't heard a peep about One Winged Witches yet though.

Well look at you. Running through manga series now, with Omamori Himari, Strike Witches and Dragonar Academy.

#67144 - 04/07/14 02:39 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: Cheap One
Originally Posted By: kiku

Well look at you. Running through manga series now, with Omamori Himari, Strike Witches and Dragonar Academy.
That's all… I can stop whenever I want! Oh, and you forgot to mention No matter how I look at it, it's all you guys' fault I'm not popular. Oh d?????.

#67660 - 04/17/14 06:28 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I just the first two volumes of "No matter how I look at it, it's all you guys' fault I'm not popular." I fall in love with Tomoko a little more with each turn of the page. I can't wait until the next volume. BTW the translator's notes was a nice touch.

#67725 - 04/18/14 07:57 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
No Comment Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Ohio, USA
It's felt like I've been in a manga slump since the near year, and then suddenly this week I end up finished a bunch of them. All but one were one shots, so that definitely made it easier. It's gotten to the point where there's like 15 different longer manga I want to blaze through once summer arrives, not to mention my backlog which is stack as high as my bed now. I ended up reading, Onwards Towards Our Noble Deaths, Red Snow, A Single Match, Red Colored Elegy, Ohikkoshi, and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond Is Unbreakable.

Onwards Towards Our Noble Deaths is an autobiographical war manga from the author of GeGeGe No Kitaro (basically the first yokai manga). It was pretty good. Difficult to tell the characters apart from one another because of the art style, but you can tell it's based in real life because some of the stuff that happens in there is too ridiculous to make up and some really haunting words are said.

Red Snow and A Single Match didn't really grab my attention. There was nothing particularly wrong with either, but the stories ranged from average to boring and never really caught my attention

Red Colored Elegy was great. It's this doomed romance story told in a pretty abstract art/pacing style. It ends abruptly, but it left me with goosebumps. I recommend it.

Ohikkoshi is a one shot by the author of Blade Of The Immortal (this is on my long series for the summer list). Great art and really funny. The main story treads the same ground as Inio Asano's Solanin though, so I wasn't entirely impressed. This one shorter piece at the end of the book about a female mangaka and her crazy adventures was absolutely insane.

JJBA Part 4 felt like a bit of a step down from Part 3. It abandons the overarching plot of the first 3 arcs, and while it's still good in it's own right, it's hard to top a villain like Dio. Initially the characters are more difficult to care about, but they slowly grow on you over time. If you want to be cynical, you could just say the mangaka was cashing in on the shonen delinquent manga trend that was big at the time, but I think he puts enough effort and creativity into it to prove otherwise. Art is still great, if not better than the last part. I can slowly see the path being paved to Part 7, where everyone looks straight out of a fashion magazine. I can still dream that another part besides Part 3 would be licensed.

I've also read 3 volumes of Knights Of Sidonia, which I already like a lot more than Biomega. Need to read more of it before I say anything, though.

#68055 - 04/25/14 07:52 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
kakashi12210 Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: West Virginia
Just finished up Nisekoi Volume 1

Page 26 of 29 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.