Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 110 of 121 < 1 2 ... 108 109 110 111 112 ... 120 121 >
Topic Options
#67851 - 04/20/14 03:16 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
kakashi12210 Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: West Virginia
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
Originally Posted By: kakashi12210
Could anyone help me remember the name of a movie?

All I can remember about it is one of the characters saying "What's my name?" The other character answers and then he says "Now look away."

Do you mean "Look at me".
John Travolta says that a lot in Get Shorty.

It can't be Get Shorty, because I've never seen it.

Advertisement
#67870 - 04/20/14 10:48 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Cloud Atlas

As far as I'm concerned, this is the most ambitious piece of filmmaking in recent memory. Tom Hanks was a genius, heck; all of the actors and actresses just floored me. Having them play multiple roles; not as a hook, but as an integral part of the story was wizard. The rigor of the sheer assault of content in the beginning, was rewarded tenfold as the plot devices came together. It could just be me, but I saw nods to Logan's Run, Soylent Green, and One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. No punches were pulled, which amplified the film's effect; despite the harshness of some of the scenes. Cloud Atlas stands testament to science fiction's hallowed place of honor as one of art's greatest canvases.

#67888 - 04/21/14 10:37 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: kiku
Cloud Atlas

As far as I'm concerned, this is the most ambitious piece of filmmaking in recent memory. Tom Hanks was a genius, heck; all of the actors and actresses just floored me. Having them play multiple roles; not as a hook, but as an integral part of the story was wizard. The rigor of the sheer assault of content in the beginning, was rewarded tenfold as the plot devices came together. It could just be me, but I saw nods to Logan's Run, Soylent Green, and One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. No punches were pulled, which amplified the film's effect; despite the harshness of some of the scenes. Cloud Atlas stands testament to science fiction's hallowed place of honor as one of art's greatest canvases.

I've watched my BD copy of Cloud Atlas a couple of times now.

Like Gravity, Cloud Atlas is one I wish I had seen while it was still in the Theater.

#68006 - 04/24/14 04:28 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kakashi12210 Offline
UPSF Commodore

Just watched season 3 of Game of Thrones and I don't even know what to say. With every episode I watch, I fall more and more in love with the show.

#68011 - 04/24/14 01:43 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: kakashi12210]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Just watched season 3 of Game of Thrones and I don't even know what to say. With every episode I watch, I fall more and more in love with the show.

So how did you like that wedding?

#68013 - 04/24/14 01:56 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: Cheap One]
kakashi12210 Offline
UPSF Commodore

Originally Posted By: Cheap One

So how did you like that wedding?

I don't even know what to say about that. I knew something was going to go down, but with all of the weddings being thrown about, I didn't know which wedding it would happen at. But, as soon as shit started hitting the fan, it left me speechless until the episode was over.

#68052 - 04/25/14 06:57 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
I just finished up a Viewing of my DVD copy of Natural Born Killers ( Director's Cut )
In fact it enticed me to go ahead and upgrade to the BD of it, so I just got back from a little shopping on Amazon.

Now what to watch, to wind me down from watching that ???
Hmm, I think I'll watch my copy of The Prophecy Collection, of course I mean
the first 3 with Christopher Walken

#68143 - 04/27/14 09:21 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Titanic-I remember watching it when it wasd released 10 years ago.

#68219 - 04/29/14 02:05 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
KyleMills Online
UPSF Captain

Loc: Michigan, U.S.
Just started watching some stuff stored up on my DVR and had a marathon of 2 different shows...

Bates Motel: Season 2 - Episodes 1-9. Next week is the finale and thus far this has been a very entertaining season of television. Looking forward to seeing how everything wraps up.

Justified: Season 5 - Episodes 1-13. I have to say to anyone who is not watching this show, go watch it right now. This is easily the best show on television when it comes to fantastic writing, dialogue, characters and storylines. I think the only shows on that come close are Game of Thrones and True Detective.

#68243 - 04/30/14 12:46 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kakashi12210 Offline
UPSF Commodore

I finally caught up on season 4 of Games of Thrones and all I have to say is it's about time that that happened. You don't know how happy I was when it happened.

Page 110 of 121 < 1 2 ... 108 109 110 111 112 ... 120 121 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.