Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#64770 - 02/12/14 08:23 AM Official Nozomi Ent. & Lucky Penny Ent. Licensing Suggestions & Requests - 2014
TroyR Offline
UPSF Admiral

Loc: Iowa, U.S.
Dark Lord Kleckner mentioned it would be a good idea to officially start the 2014 thread here, since it's 2014 and all. wink

Our licensing team do read these threads, so thank you for taking the time to give us your suggestions.

Advertisement
#64771 - 02/12/14 08:45 AM Re: Official Nozomi Ent. & Lucky Penny Ent. Licensing Suggestions & Requests - 2014 [Re: TroyR]
LordGeo Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Another year, another suggestions thread... Another year to list off the titles I would love to see licensed more than anything. Here's hoping for a miracle & having at least one actually happen!

Akagi (yes, it's about playing mahjong... but that doesn't matter because you get so absorbed into the psychology of the matches & the tense feeling the show gives is second to none; luckily, it's streaming over at CrunchyRoll, so there are English subs made for it already)

Kaiji (someone mentioned this title to Dark Lord Kleckner during the recent Reddit chat, but DLK mistook it for "kaiju"; just like Akagi it's thrillingly intense & is streaming over at CrunchyRoll)

Ring ni Kakero 1 (the anime I would love to see licened more than anything; I know that TRSI doesn't too "shonen" series normally, but I think this would make a fine Lucky Penny release, especially if Princess Nine does well enough [PN is baseball & RnK1 is boxing]; the anime is also turning 10 this year, & it's also the 40th Anniversary of Masami Kurumada's career as a manga-ka, so now would be a great time to bring it over)

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (probably a long shot, especially since "Roundabout" by YES was used as the ending theme, but this series managed to become somewhat popular without ever having a simulcast or official stream; I mean, hey, you guys Cobra, so why not try to get JoJo, too?)

Here's hoping for the best!

#64779 - 02/12/14 12:50 PM Re: Official Nozomi Ent. & Lucky Penny Ent. Licensing Suggestions & Requests - 2014 [Re: TroyR]
IceCode Offline
UPSF Ensign

A bit of a revised list from the 2013 thread. Thanks for the consideration!

Minami-ke (4 seasons and 3 OVAs): Top of my list for license suggestions. I wish FUNimation would state a final verdict about whether or not they intend to get the previous seasons after simulcasting season 4 last year. I find this to be a nice slice-of-life series with unique attributes, mainly due the art style changes from each season due to different studios handling the series throughout the years since 2007. This gives each season a unique vibe.

Naoki Urasawa's Monster: Second on my list and top license rescue suggestion. I know some people may say if you own the manga to this series there is no reason to buy the anime, but that is a completely false statement in my opinion. Sure the anime is quite faithful to adapting the manga series practically frame-for-frame, but what makes the two mediums different is that the anime has a great host of voice actors. I myself have only viewed the English dub, but I am sure the Japanese voice track is great too. Quite disappointed VIZ never released past the first boxset of five, but I am glad to see Siren Visual releasing the series strongly in Australia. If this series does not become licensed in the U.S. soon I may have to purchase my first import from outside of Japan!

Chi's Sweet Home (2 seasons and 1 OVA): Sure the anime may have 209 or so episodes, but those first 208 are only 3 minutes long and the OVA was only 13 minutes. Comparing those numbers to a standard 24 minute episode, the CSH anime adds up to be just a 2 standard season anime series with a bonus manga OVA. The manga is also a great read.

Fortune Arterial (1 season and 1 OVA): A slice-of-life series taking place at an island school.
Click to reveal..
Vampires are a bit central to the series, but not in the horribly graphic sense some viewers may think.
Go watch it over at Crunchyroll!

GJ-bu (1 season and 1 special): Also known as "GJ-Club." A comedy series where the characters pretty much interact in their club room all the time. This makes for a relaxing atmosphere and the voice cast makes each character fit their unique roles.

Mayoi Neko Overrun! (1 season and 6 specials): A slice-of-life series I have yet to watch, as there is no legal means to do so without importing the DVD/BDs, but I do believe this series has a great voice cast. I enjoy listening to the OP/ED song CD I imported last year though!

Seitokai no Ichizon (2 seasons and 1 OVA): Also known as "Student Council's Discretion." Pretty similar to GJ-Club, but in a school council club setting and uses multiple puns from other anime series to break the fourth wall.

Mangaka-san to Assistant-san (1 season?): Also known as "The Comic Artist and His Assistants." This is from the creator of Doujin Work. I know this has yet to air until Spring, but if the Drama CD voice cast is used I definitely want to own this series!

Other various titles...
Despera (if it ever is released)
Haruhi Suzumiya (2 seasons and multiple spinoffs)
Muromi-san (1 season and 1 OVA)
Nichijou (1 season, 1 OVA, and 14 specials)
Patema Inverted (1 movie and 4 specials)
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (3 seasons, 3 OVAs, 4 specials)
Seitokai Yakuindomo (2 TV series and numerous OVAs)

#64789 - 02/12/14 05:34 PM Re: Official Nozomi Ent. & Lucky Penny Ent. Licensing Suggestions & Requests - 2014 [Re: TroyR]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Birdy The Mighty OVA - This is one title I would love to see get license rescued.

#64790 - 02/12/14 05:40 PM Re: Official Nozomi Ent. & Lucky Penny Ent. Licensing Suggestions & Requests - 2014 [Re: TroyR]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I'm with IceCode. Mayoi Neko Overrunm, Student Councils Discretion, and Nichijou would be great.

#64792 - 02/12/14 05:56 PM Re: Official Nozomi Ent. & Lucky Penny Ent. Licensing Suggestions & Requests - 2014 [Re: TroyR]
LordGeo Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

I know I did a list earlier today, but with Ah! My Buddha getting picked up I'm reminded of some older titles I would love to see license rescued, so here they are:
Eat-Man (my #1 most-wanted license rescue; two completely different titles in terms of execution ['97 is Koichi Mashimo's personal creation, while '98 is manga-accurate], but both are just so enjoyable & since it's original AnimeVillage.com/Bandai release it has seen DVD release in Japan with better video & audio than what we got)

B't X (Illumitoon dubbed the first 14 episodes & only released the first 8 on DVD; a very enjoyable mech-action title that never got a fair shot over here)

Virtua Fighter (Media Blasters released the first 24 episodes, which covers the first story arc, but they never released the last 11 episodes; the old Coastal Carolina dub is also generally considered to be a forgotten classic)

Barefoot Gen (two movies done by Madhouse based on the manga of the same name; yes, the first movie in particular can be hard to watch due to the imagery of the use of the Atomic Bomb, but these movies are still generally considered to be iconic; right up there with Grave of the Fireflies)

#64794 - 02/12/14 06:46 PM Re: Official Nozomi Ent. & Lucky Penny Ent. Licensing Suggestions & Requests - 2014 [Re: TroyR]
sevi Online
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Pennsylvania
2014 list (so far):
Kimi to Boku/ You and Me
07-Ghost
Monochrome Factor
Brothers Conflict
Karneval
TightRope (original and 2)
The Tyrant Falls In Love
Maiden Rose
Love Pistols
Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi (series and movie)
Marginal Prince
Meine Liebe
Reideen the Superior
Song of Wind and Trees
Patalliro
Amatsuki
Detective School Q
You're Being Summoned, Azazel-san
Sparrow's Hotel
Yowamushi Pedal
Ace of Diamond
One Outs
Giant Killing
Free! Iwatobi Swim Club
Recorder to Randoseru
Violinist of Hamelin
Demonbane
Goulart Knights
Kuroko no Basketball
Ixion Saga: DT
Umi Monogatari
Cardcaptor Sakura
Mermaid Melody
Kodocha
Shugo Chara
Mushibugyo
Togainu no Chi
Battle Spirits: Sword Eyes Gekitoden
The Light of a Firefly Forest
30-Sai no Hokentaiiku
Starry Sky
Sengoku Paradise
Kotetsu Sangokushi
Floral Magician Mary Bell
Kiba
Devils and Realist
The Betrayal Knows My Name/ Uraboku
Sket Dance
Beelzebub
Chibi Devi
Daa Daa Daa!/ UFO Baby
Squid Girl
Kyo Kara Maoh!
Useless Animals
Polar Bear's Cafe
Gaist Crusher
Dear Boys
Welcome to Inaba's Office
Kurozuka
Black Bullet
Strike the Blood
Dennou Boukenki Webdiver/ Brain Adventure Record Webdiver
Real Dive
Pluster World
Brave Command Dagwon
Geisters
Monkey Typhoon
Monkey Turn/ Monkey Turn V
Tokyo Pig
Samurai Gun
Aoi Bungaku
Beyond the Heavens
Fantastic Detective Labyrinth
Hell Teacher Nube
Mystic Archives of Dantalian
Miracle Train
Sky Girls
Dogs: Bullets & Carnage
Vassalord
Wild Adapter
Hyouge Mono
A Spirit of the Sun
Wholesome Nudist Swim Team Umisho
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin
Karin
Dororo
Gegege no Kitaro
Nintama Rantaro
Chocolate Underground
Tona-gura!
Machine Robo Rescue
Hanamaru Kindergarden
Skip Beat!
Prince of Tennis/ New Prince of Tennis
Eyeshield 21
Big Wind Up Oofuri
Magical Circle Gurguru
Croquette!
Saint Seiya Omega
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas
Legendz
Devilman
Kotencotenco
Potemayo
Strange +
Pupa
Kishin Taisen Gigantic Formula
Angelique OVA (1-4)
Inazuma Eleven
Engage Planet Kiss Dum
Full Moon wo Sagashite

Edited by sevi (02/13/14 01:54 AM)

#64795 - 02/12/14 07:25 PM Re: Official Nozomi Ent. & Lucky Penny Ent. Licensing Suggestions & Requests - 2014 [Re: TroyR]
Mylene Offline
UPSF Ensign

Since I was directed this way on Twitter, I figured I should create an account and post.

While I realize it's a long shot, there's no harm in mentioning Chihayafuru as one of my most desired licenses. Since I know Nozomi/Lucky Penny does such a great job with its releases, I'd love to see it in your capable hands.

Otherwise, I'd love to see a physical release for any of the following--many of which actually feel like Nozomi or Lucky Penny-type releases:

Dennou Coil
Gokinjo Monogatari
Wandering Son (it'd go great with my copy of Sweet Blue Flowers!)
Nodame Cantabile
Cross Game
Hataraki Man

#64799 - 02/12/14 09:52 PM Re: Official Nozomi Ent. & Lucky Penny Ent. Licensing Suggestions & Requests - 2014 [Re: TroyR]
ImperiousK Offline
UPSF Ensign

The number one thing I would like to see licensed is CHIHAYAFURU. Thank you, that is all.

#64818 - 02/13/14 04:19 PM Re: Official Nozomi Ent. & Lucky Penny Ent. Licensing Suggestions & Requests - 2014 [Re: TroyR]
Animelvr2 Offline
UPSF Ensign

I would love to see Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch released. I know ADV had the license to it a while back and I heard all the episodes were dubbed, but nothing ever happened. Also, season 2 of Kodocha would be sweet too! smile

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.