Page 100 of 110 < 1 2 ... 98 99 100 101 102 ... 109 110 >
Topic Options
#64457 - 02/03/14 09:59 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: sevi]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: sevi
Originally Posted By: EricDent
Hey G4 had some really good anime stuff on occasion.

Sci-Fi had some good stuff as well, but I can't really remember what it was.

Of course I could go on for a while on how irritated I was when they made Beavis & Butthead just make fun of clips from Jersy Shore instead of either really bad music videos or really good music videos (where they Rock out to them).

Anyhow, TV in general has changed a LOT within the last 5-10 years.

The operative word there is Had. When G4 originally came out there were some good shows. But the channel pretty much had nothing going for it in the past year. I still watch the occasional show on Sci-Fi (err... SyFy) like Face Off and the very short lived Dresden Files. But overall, its just bad movies like Sharknado all the time.
Couldn't bring myself to even try the new Beavis and Butthead. Pretty much knew that would stink and from what you say about it I was right.
As for the change, it was inevitable. Especially when crap shows get all the ratings and decent shows get cancelled before they can even complete a full season.
I love the Dresden Files!

Advertisement
#64461 - 02/04/14 07:00 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
t-Roy Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Lancaster County, PA
Speaking of Battlestar Galactica, I used to watch the really old version with Dirk Benedict.

Also the anime series Heroic Age kinda reminded me of that show for some odd reason.

Yep, I also used to watch the original series as well back when I was in high school in the late '70's, but I really fell in love with the new BSG series on the Sci-Fi Channel, and never missed an episode...

Did I ever show you guys my "Cylon xD"? Battlestar Galactica was right in the middle of it's run when I bought my new Scion xD, and using the play on words between "Scion" and "Cylon" I decided to mod it up with a Cylon theme to take it to car shows... It has a Cylon under the hood and on the back window, Cylon vanity plates, and even a red Cylon scanning eye behind the front grill... grin

t-Roy's "Cylon xD"

t-Roy's anime collection on FilmAF
t-Roy's FREYMAX 3D Theater

#64463 - 02/04/14 09:37 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: t-Roy]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: t-Roy
Speaking of Battlestar Galactica, I used to watch the really old version with Dirk Benedict.

Also the anime series Heroic Age kinda reminded me of that show for some odd reason.

Yep, I also used to watch the original series as well back when I was in high school in the late '70's, but I really fell in love with the new BSG series on the Sci-Fi Channel, and never missed an episode...

Did I ever show you guys my "Cylon xD"? Battlestar Galactica was right in the middle of it's run when I bought my new Scion xD, and using the play on words between "Scion" and "Cylon" I decided to mod it up with a Cylon theme to take it to car shows... It has a Cylon under the hood and on the back window, Cylon vanity plates, and even a red Cylon scanning eye behind the front grill... grin

t-Roy's "Cylon xD"

Wow that's awesome t-Roy shocked grin

Me, I'm also an Original Battlestar Fan myself,
I've got the Original Series sitting next to the New Series on the shelf.

#64510 - 02/05/14 05:57 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
oldcharlie55 Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: New York
I recently watched all 14 of the Basil Rathbone/Nigel Bruce Sherlock Holmes films in order having purchased the set on BD. The last 12 Universal films were all remastered and look amazingly good for the most part. Some of the later films are a bit weak but all are enjoyable. Some of the movies had commentary tracks by various historians (the one on the last film, Dressed to Kill, also featured actress Patricia Morrison who starred in the film) which were interesting.

#64549 - 02/07/14 12:42 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Round Rock, TX
As per usual on my off day, I decided to rent some movies & get a pizza.

Got these:

Percy Jackson & The Sea of Monsters: It was ok at best. The effects were cool looking and the action was decent.
The characters on the other hand, you could tell they were trying way too hard to act kinda badly.
Especially the girl that was competing against Percy in these games early in the movie. She was a real annoying person in general.
The half brother of Percy shows up & he's a cyclops, of course the sorta "love interest girl" hates cyclops.
Overall it was good for a rental, and if they do want to continue the movie series, they need to kick it up a notch on the acting end.
It's great that the books & these movies make younger people interested in the Greek myths, but it could be better.

Then to totally switch gears, I got Escape Plan:

This one has Sly & Arnold as a team. Sly is a guy who specializes in escaping prisons. He gets caught to test if these prisons can be escaped from.
He gets sent to a very special prison, and meets Arnold. They become buddies and plan to escape.
Of course it's not a very easy escape, since they are on a ship.
At the end of course they do escape & Sly gets revenge on the guy who sent him there (one of his co-workers).
Pretty decent action, though a tad on the brutal side.
It was a good rental, but again not really worth buying (or seeing in the theater). It obviously did pretty bad at the theater, sorta like The Last Stand & Bullet To The Head. I guess today's audiences don't appreciate a good action movie (Dread also did bad at the theater). Or they think Sly & Arnold are too old to do this stuff (which is not true, cause they still kick butt).

#64574 - 02/07/14 04:46 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

I Transplanted from "What was The Last Anime You Completed" thread
( since I've been talking about non-Anime stuff )

Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
Well, it seems that both the Mel Brooks/Gene Wilder Movie Collection & the Revolutionary Girl Utena Collection will have to wait.
Since Twilight Forever: The Complete Saga ( bluray collection ) just came in, and it gets bumped to the front of the viewing line .....

Aren't you a little old for Twilight? smirk grin

I know, I'm so ashamed ........
I can't believe I like it either ....

#64575 - 02/07/14 04:50 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

I Transplanted from "What was The Last Anime You Completed" thread
( since I've been talking about non-Anime stuff )

Well, it seems that both the Mel Brooks/Gene Wilder Movie Collection & the Revolutionary Girl Utena Collection will have to wait.
Since Twilight Forever: The Complete Saga ( bluray collection ) just came in, and it gets bumped to the front of the viewing line .....

Aren't you a little old for Twilight? smirk grin

I know, I'm so ashamed ........
I can't believe I like it either ....

I should knock all of Twilight out this weekend, then move on to Utena.
Since not all of the Brooks/Wilder Movies I ordered have all gotten here yet.

#64594 - 02/08/14 09:11 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
t-Roy Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Lancaster County, PA
I should knock it all of Twilight out this weekend, then move on to Utena.

Lol, better hurry up so you don't embarrass yourself any longer, B-dub! grin

ah, just teasing you, buddy! My oldest daughter read all the books years ago before the movies came out, and she hated the first movie and wouldn't see any of the others. My younger daughter just rolls here eyes when those movies are mentioned to her... so not even all teenagers like those movies...

I've never saw any of them, don't plan to - but I will admit I always thought Kirsten Stewart was very attractive, putting aside her acting skills and her off-screen shenanigans... I first saw her when she was really young in the Disney movie "Catch That Kid" which my daughters had on DVD when they were little, and it was just like seeing Emma Watson in the first Harry Potter movie - you knew when she got older she would be a real looker...

t-Roy's anime collection on FilmAF
t-Roy's FREYMAX 3D Theater

#64618 - 02/08/14 06:02 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: t-Roy]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

I should knock it all of Twilight out this weekend, then move on to Utena.

Lol, better hurry up so you don't embarrass yourself any longer, B-dub! grin

ah, just teasing you, buddy! My oldest daughter read all the books years ago before the movies came out, and she hated the first movie and wouldn't see any of the others. My younger daughter just rolls here eyes when those movies are mentioned to her... so not even all teenagers like those movies...

I've never saw any of them, don't plan to - but I will admit I always thought Kirsten Stewart was very attractive, putting aside her acting skills and her off-screen shenanigans... I first saw her when she was really young in the Disney movie "Catch That Kid" which my daughters had on DVD when they were little, and it was just like seeing Emma Watson in the first Harry Potter movie - you knew when she got older she would be a real looker...

Well, the rest of my Brooks & Wilder DVD/blurays came in, and I couldn't help myself.
So I'm switching over to them, it's The Worlds Greatest Lover, Start the Revolution Without Me & History of the World part 1.

After I watch them, I'll be adding them to the rest of my Brooks/Wilder Collection.
The final tally will be ( unless I decide to add others later )
The Producers ( 1968 )
Start The Revolution Without Me ( 1970 )
Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory ( 1971 )
Blazing Saddles ( 1974 )
Young Frankenstein ( 1974 )
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes Smarter Brother ( 1975 )
Silver Streak ( 1976 )
The Worlds Greatest Lover ( 1977 )
History Of The World Part 1 ( 1981 )
Spaceballs ( 1987 )
Robin Hood: Men In Tights ( 1993 )

#64647 - 02/09/14 09:39 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Round Rock, TX
Did I ever mention seeing a stage musical version of The Producers?
It wasn't the "A-lister" cast, but they were great anyways.

Also I swear I saw the same guy as the "older producer" (the Nathan Lane role in the newer production) in a Fiddler on the Roof stage musical at least 30 years prior...think it was Zero Mostel.

Page 100 of 110 < 1 2 ... 98 99 100 101 102 ... 109 110 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.