Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#63674 - 01/20/14 07:06 PM Re: The Familiar of Zero Season 1 re-release [Re: Wise Silver Wolf]
Cheap One Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Japanese company owns the dub, so Sentai can get it from them.

Advertisement
#63681 - 01/20/14 07:58 PM Re: The Familiar of Zero Season 1 re-release [Re: t-Roy]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: t-Roy
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
Well, I guess that means I'll be cancelling my preorder of it ( Familiar of Zero, The Season 1 )

*shakes head and sighs*

That exactly what I did t-Roy ......
It's a bummer finding out that the rest of it wasn't, or isn't going to be Dubbed....
Haha, yes, but I was shaking my head at you, not the anime... I still just can't comprehend that you so adamantly refuse to buy anything without a dub... ah well, guessin' they just don't teach much readin' up thar in them hills of Appalachia...! *cues Dueling Banjos* crazy grin

I live far from the Appalachian Range, and I have an Associates Degree in Electronics ...
( In fact I think you might live closer to it than I do )

So I'm only Some Dumb not Plumb Dumb !!!
laugh

#63684 - 01/20/14 09:55 PM Re: The Familiar of Zero Season 1 re-release [Re: BWBODDY]
t-Roy Online
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Lancaster County, PA
I live far from the Appalachian Range, and I have an Associates Degree in Electronics ...
laugh

Lol! yep, I'm not so far from the mountains here - and there's still a lot of 1-room schoolhouses around here with all the Amish, so the education is a bit backwoods here yet... But, somehow I also managed to get an electronics degree... laugh

Sorry folks - just ignore the two old men bickering in the balcony... Gettin' to be like the Muppet Show around here! Back on topic!

t-Roy's anime collection on FilmAF
t-Roy's FREYMAX 3D Theater

#63685 - 01/20/14 10:13 PM Re: The Familiar of Zero Season 1 re-release [Re: Cheap One]
sevi Online
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Cheap One
Japanese company owns the dub, so Sentai can get it from them.

Your most likely right. Maybe it's just the part of me that thinks that reusing the original dub would be a horrid idea. You know, that maybe the people at Funi took that dub and sent it to an early grave devil

#63686 - 01/20/14 10:15 PM Re: The Familiar of Zero Season 1 re-release [Re: sevi]
t-Roy Online
UPSF Commodore

So is this series a typical cookie-cutter harem series? From the description, it sure seems so... Four seasons, though?

#63689 - 01/20/14 10:26 PM Re: The Familiar of Zero Season 1 re-release [Re: Wise Silver Wolf]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Japan just loves those pink-haired Tsundre girls like Louise.

#63705 - 01/21/14 07:04 AM Re: The Familiar of Zero Season 1 re-release [Re: Wise Silver Wolf]
Wise Silver Wolf Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Florida, USA
I had to finish watching the series with Japanese audio and English subs since the series wasnt available in English dubs past season 1. I saw season 1 in English dubs and the other seasons (2-4) with Japanese dubs. Doing a comparison of both of the dubs I have to admit that the series was alot more enjoyable with the Japanese dubs instead of the English dubs because the voices match the characters alot better than the English voices but I like having the convenience of being able to understand what the characters are saying without having to have my eyes on the subtitles and on whats going on in the screen at the same time, its kind of like trying to read a book while trying to watch a movie.

The series takes place in an alternate world where students are learning to cast magic spells in a highschool like environment for wizards. Louise the main character is nicknamed "Zero" because she cant cast any spells, only make stuff blow up while her friends can all use different elements of magic like fire, wind, earth, water, etc. During the summoning lessons where all her friends are summoning a familar spirit everyone was thinking she was just going to make stuff blow up like usual while all her classmates were summoning monsters like Dragons, Salamanders, Moles, etc but she actually summons a human from our world that hails from Japan. The series is a comedy/love story it eventually turns into a bit of a harem but Louise is always the main characters #1 love interest and they always make sure to let the viewer know that, its actually very funny when Louise gets jealous that Saito is talking to other girls.

The alternate world where Louise is from is a copy of France and all of the characters have French names, they also have copies of other European countries like England and Germany but the people of those countries are unique to the world.

My Figure Collection

#63706 - 01/21/14 07:14 AM Re: The Familiar of Zero Season 1 re-release [Re: t-Roy]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
So is this series a typical cookie-cutter harem series? From the description, it sure seems so... Four seasons, though?

From how I've heard people talk about it, it's more like; Let's watch this Loli-esque Tsundere beat the crap out the male lead... lol lol lol... type series.

#63712 - 01/21/14 09:31 AM Re: The Familiar of Zero Season 1 re-release [Re: t-Roy]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
laugh

Lol! yep, I'm not so far from the mountains here - and there's still a lot of 1-room schoolhouses around here with all the Amish, so the education is a bit backwoods here yet... But, somehow I also managed to get an electronics degree... laugh

Sorry folks - just ignore the two old men bickering in the balcony... Gettin' to be like the Muppet Show around here! Back on topic!

Hahaha yup thatís us > Statler & Waldorf < ( video )

>Statler & Waldorf < ( pic )
( from left to right Waldorf, Statler )

#63715 - 01/21/14 11:13 AM Re: The Familiar of Zero Season 1 re-release [Re: J.E.S.]
t-Roy Online
UPSF Commodore

Originally Posted By: J.E.S.

From how I've heard people talk about it, it's more like; Let's watch this Loli-esque Tsundere beat the crap out the male lead... lol lol lol... type series.
Lol, well at my advanced age, I almost wish that would be me in real life... I need a girl to pay me some attention - no matter how painful it would be... wink grin

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.