Start Shopping! Cart
Page 90 of 136 < 1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 ... 135 136 >
Topic Options
#61059 - 12/02/13 12:51 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: Cheap One
Resident Evil: Retribution

Man have the Resident Evil movies really fallen, outside of Milla Jovovich and the girl playing Ada Wong this movie would make old school B movies look like Citizen Kane. Glad I didn't rent this or even worst go to the cinema and watch this. I would be pissed if I had to pay $9.00 to watch this in 3D.
I quite liked all of the live action Resident Evil movies. As far as the games go, I'm really only familiar with 4; but 4 is f???ing awesome!

Advertisement
#61060 - 12/02/13 12:56 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

The movies were never really a good version of the games, but they use to be good zombie movies. The Retribution movie was not even a good zombie flick.

#61062 - 12/02/13 01:25 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
KyleMills Online
UPSF Captain

Loc: Michigan, U.S.
Originally Posted By: kiku
Originally Posted By: Cheap One
Resident Evil: Retribution

Man have the Resident Evil movies really fallen, outside of Milla Jovovich and the girl playing Ada Wong this movie would make old school B movies look like Citizen Kane. Glad I didn't rent this or even worst go to the cinema and watch this. I would be pissed if I had to pay $9.00 to watch this in 3D.
I quite liked all of the live action Resident Evil movies. As far as the games go, I'm really only familiar with 4; but 4 is f???ing awesome!

4 is one of my favorite video games of all time, I play through it a few times a year! 2 is great as well.

I do agree that the films have been steadily going downhill in quality with each sequel.

Edited by KyleMills (12/02/13 01:26 AM)

#61071 - 12/02/13 11:00 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Logan's Run (movie)

This movie is a poignant sci-fi masterpiece. Behind the facade of 70's flair, is an articulate look at several concepts; such as: population control, respect for the aged, overglorification of youth, dangers of utopia, fervent following of establishmental control, value of independant thought. More insight was given to me than I had expected, not to mention; it was very entertaining sci-fi. I quite enjoyed it, and now I am on to watching the series.

I went to see that one in the Theater when it first came out. grin
I also have the DVD of it, along with some of my other older favorites...
Dark Star
Black Hole
Andromeda Strain
( Original Movie )
Silent Running ( NOT the Submarine Movie )
Soylent Green
Death Race
( the Original Movie ) I also have all of the newer ones.
Fahrenheit 451
Forbidden Planet

Oh my the list could go on and on crazy ......

#61115 - 12/02/13 11:47 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Soylent Green is People!

#61118 - 12/03/13 12:01 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
Logan's Run (movie)

This movie is a poignant sci-fi masterpiece. Behind the facade of 70's flair, is an articulate look at several concepts; such as: population control, respect for the aged, overglorification of youth, dangers of utopia, fervent following of establishmental control, value of independant thought. More insight was given to me than I had expected, not to mention; it was very entertaining sci-fi. I quite enjoyed it, and now I am on to watching the series.

I went to see that one in the Theater when it first came out. grin
I alsohave the DVD of it, along with some of my other older favorites...
Dark Star
Black Hole
Andromeda Strain
( Original Movie )
Silent Running ( NOT the Submarine Movie )
Soylent Green
Death Race
( the Original Movie ) I also have all of the newer ones.
Fahrenheit 451
Forbidden Planet

Oh my the list could go on and on crazy ......
I'm about done with the first disc of the series. God I love the 70's! They were so wild and free. The outfits… I can think of two things that were wild and free.

#61322 - 12/06/13 12:53 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Finished up the television series Logan's Run. It ends quite abruptly. I'm assuming that they got cancelled.

#61337 - 12/06/13 01:31 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Death Race 2000 is way better than any of those newer versions of Death Race IMO.
Plus it very obviously helped inspire Car Wars, Camageddon, and Twisted Metal.

Anyhow I rented (via Redbox) R.I.P.D.

It was kinda fun.
Again better than the trailers made it look.
The trailers made it look like they would be using those "personas" they take on a lot more than they did.

It was good enough for a rental, not sure if I would want to own it.
Some people might though.

Jeff Bridges was pretty fun in this.

#61340 - 12/06/13 02:02 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: EricDent
Death Race 2000 is way better than any of those newer versions of Death Race IMO.
Plus it very obviously helped inspire Car Wars, Camageddon, and Twisted Metal.
You just can't replace Stallone and Carradine.

#61395 - 12/07/13 09:45 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
KyleMills Online
UPSF Captain

Loc: Michigan, U.S.
Walking Dead: Season 4, Part 1

I marathoned this last night. While The Walking Dead may not be the most well written show or best acted, it's a lot of fun!

I was impressed with season 4 and am enjoying it more than Seasons 2 & 3 so far. I really enjoyed the Governor's arc this season, those episodes were my favorite. Really enjoyed David Morrissey in the role, easily the best actor on the show.

Page 90 of 136 < 1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 ... 135 136 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.