Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#54604 - 07/09/13 09:32 PM Re: Zelda [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

It is in the Wind Waker style which is anime like. If you need any help with the later mini-games I highly suggest ZeldaDungeon, their walkthrough writer/maker does a great job and shows some easy ways to win on the harder ones. And trust me the later stuff is hard.

Advertisement
#54610 - 07/10/13 12:53 PM Re: Zelda [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I have a real hard time jamming with the Lokomos. I guess I need to practice my pan flute. On a more awesome note, I've got a cannon on my train now. Happiness ensues; now I can at least attempt to defend myself against those d??? Phantom Trains. I'm on my way to the Snow Temple now. I wonder where I should use the Song Of Secrets that I just learned?

#56204 - 08/15/13 03:07 AM Re: Zelda [Re: kiku]
EricDent Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Spirit Tracks was an interesting concept.
I beat it as well as Phantom Hourglass.

Still kinda toiling away on Oracle of Seasons/Ages on the 3DS.

BTW apparently the next 3DS Zelda game will be a sequel to A Link To The Past.

#58048 - 10/01/13 11:51 PM Re: Zelda [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

On today's Nintendo Direct Nintendo President Iwata made a big announcement about Zelda: Link Between Worlds

Link Between Worlds ND footage

We officially see the new Princess Zelda(she looks very cute)

The big announcement is of course that Zelda returns to something that has been lacking since the original LOZ game. Open world where you decide which Dungeon you want to go in, by renting or buying the items you want from a store that will sale them. No longer will they be found in the dungeon itself.

#58055 - 10/02/13 06:44 AM Re: Zelda [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Looks like some gool ol' old school fun!

On a side note, I'm playing Lufia : Curse of the Sinistrals right now; which has more than just a few Zelda-esque gameplay elements in it.

#58079 - 10/02/13 01:34 PM Re: Zelda [Re: kiku]
sevi Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Pennsylvania
Another series thats similar to Zelda game play-wise is the Alundra series. Particularly the original (the second didn't improve much). They are both PS1 games though, so pretty expensive unless you buy them used. It's too bad they haven't considered remaking them for a handheld system or digital form. (At least I don't think they have).

#58086 - 10/02/13 03:27 PM Re: Zelda [Re: sevi]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I took a spin online checkin' out Alundra. It looks pretty cool, and expensive; like you mentioned. While I was looking, I saw a whole slew of great RPGs for the Playstation; which were also absurdly expensive. I forgot how many great RPGs were made for the PS1. I have a Playstation and a few of said RPGs. I don't have much for that system, but what I have; rocks. Oh yeah, I saw Legend of Mana while looking at Alundra. Wouldn't that be nice? Oh well, it's waaay too expensive. One of my all time favorites is on the Playstation; Parasite Eve.

#60605 - 11/25/13 12:27 AM Re: Zelda [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Today I got to the Dark World of Link Between Worlds which is known as Lorule Kingdom in this game.

So far LBW is a very fun little title. I really like the renting system, but when the beeping starts happening you get real nervous. Because now you no longer will have to restart like say the boss fight, but you will also have to rent all your items again. So far the first time you rent something you can get it for pretty cheap, but I believe the 2nd time he raises the price.

#60859 - 11/28/13 04:06 PM Re: Zelda [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Link Between Worlds

I have one Sage left to save from the Lorule dungeons. Man this game is so much fun, so far it beats every Zelda game I have ever played. Which is LOZ, AOL(haven't beat), LA(haven't beat), LTTP, OOT(N64 & 3DS), MM, WW, ST, TP(NGC & Wii) and SS.

#60890 - 11/29/13 12:38 AM Re: Zelda [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Link Between Worlds

Beat it tonight and what an ending. The final boss was pretty easy outside of his first phase. His 2nd and the ending blow was way to easy. We of course see the return of electric tennis that was first introduced in the original LTTP and has been featured in classic Zelda titles like OOT and WW.

After you beat it the game gives you a count of how many rupees total you collected and how many times you died and saved afterwards on that file. Then it informs you that you can now play Hero mode which has the enemies doing double damage like in OOT3D's Master Quest and SS's hero mode. I believe WW's hero mode on WiiU also does this.

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.