Start Shopping! Cart
?
Topic Options
#57770 - 09/24/13 07:19 PM "Blessing of the Campanella" on Blu-Ray?
Chrisc Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Massachusetts
With Funimation and Sentai Filmworks releasing sub-only animes on Blu-ray starting next year, I totally expect that Blu-ray will be the standard now.

With very few exceptions I will no longer buy DVDs

Advertisement
#57779 - 09/24/13 11:11 PM Re: "Blessing of the Campanella" on Blu-Ray? [Re: Chrisc]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

RightStuf has already said Blu-ray is to expensive for them to release them currently. That may change later. I really wish Hollywood would drop DVD support already, plus the two next gen consoles will have Blu-ray drives. So that should help put Blu-ray players in even more houses.

Hopefully in a year or two DVD will go the way of the VHS.

#57786 - 09/25/13 02:19 AM Re: "Blessing of the Campanella" on Blu-Ray? [Re: Cheap One]
Chrisc Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Originally Posted By: Cheap One
RightStuf has already said Blu-ray is to expensive for them to release them currently.

I wonder if that is changing for Sentai Filmworks to release sub-only blu-rays, Even Funimation is trying it with Sub-only DVD/BD combos.

#58395 - 10/09/13 04:00 PM Re: "Blessing of the Campanella" on Blu-Ray? [Re: Chrisc]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Would have been nice if crapamation had picked this one up-grumble grumble-subbed only dvd? No thanks-I'll keep my fansubs.

#58404 - 10/09/13 04:38 PM Re: "Blessing of the Campanella" on Blu-Ray? [Re: Chrisc]
Chrisc Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

^ The dvd always has better quality then fansubs, Well this is one of the "few exceptions" I mentioned.

#58405 - 10/09/13 04:41 PM Re: "Blessing of the Campanella" on Blu-Ray? [Re: Chrisc]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: Chrisc
^ The dvd always has better quality then fansubs, Well this is one of the "few exceptions" I mentioned.

What? Fansub groups I follow rip from the Japanese Blu-rays. No way are our DVDs going to beat that quality.

The only way is if the fansub group is using TV raws from a horrible ripper.

Anyway BTT, I plan on picking up RightStuf's release. I do agree it sucks they don't do Blu-ray releases, but I will still support when they do bring over a show I want to watch.

Edited by Cheap One (10/09/13 04:42 PM)

#58436 - 10/10/13 12:15 AM Re: "Blessing of the Campanella" on Blu-Ray? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I got mine! So happy! Now the wait for the release day begins.

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.