Start Shopping! Cart
Page 3 of 356 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 355 356 >
Topic Options
#5790 - 12/28/08 07:58 PM Re: Anime News [Re: zrdb]
Otaku Review Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Oregon Coast
I'd like to say that they're doing this on purpose so that when they finally announce Eva 1.0 (rumor! Don't quote me on that as fact!) it'll be that much bigger of a deal after that many lame warm ups.

Otaku Review
Twitter
MySpace

Advertisement
#5798 - 12/28/08 11:45 PM Re: Anime News [Re: Otaku Review]
LuckySeven Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Macon, Georgia, USA
I wouldn't say they are all lame warm ups, Ikki Tousen certainly was. The rest were either stuff I already had, hadn't heard of, or just wasn't really interested in.

My YouTube Channel
My Collection

#5799 - 12/28/08 11:47 PM Re: Anime News [Re: LuckySeven]
Otaku Review Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Yeah, I wasn't being entirely serious with the phrase 'lame warm ups'. It was mostly just indicating the the titles as a whole are far less exciting than one might've been expecting or hoping initially.

Otaku Review
Twitter
MySpace

#5800 - 12/28/08 11:52 PM Re: Anime News [Re: Otaku Review]
LuckySeven Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Macon, Georgia, USA
Fair enough then, I can't say I had any expectations with these announcements anyways. I'm still for the most part 5 to 7 years behind the rest of the anime world so I wouldn't know what would really be worth getting excited about anyways.

My YouTube Channel
My Collection

#5801 - 12/29/08 12:36 AM Re: Anime News [Re: LuckySeven]
Otaku Review Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Now that's what I'm talkin about!

Funimation licenses Slayers Revolution!

That right there is something to possibly get excited about.

Edited by Otaku Review (12/29/08 12:37 AM)

Otaku Review
Twitter
MySpace

#5803 - 12/29/08 12:56 AM Re: Anime News [Re: Otaku Review]
Risami Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

yes something to look forward to i have one item out of all those now smile slayers revolution rules! thats probably the only thing i buy out of the 10 list not unless they licence sumthing else thats good

#5805 - 12/29/08 05:02 AM Re: Anime News [Re: stargates]
Nambu Hakase Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

This is a stupid question...will they use the dub work already existing or redo all of it?

#5806 - 12/29/08 07:44 AM Re: Anime News [Re: stargates]
otakuden Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: somewhere south of normal
so nice to know i'm not interested in any of those :P
FUNimation, my wallet thanx thee ^_-

#5807 - 12/29/08 07:49 AM Re: Anime News [Re: Otaku Review]
otakuden Offline
UPSF Captain

Originally Posted By: Otaku Review
So far I've been pretty unimpressed with Funi's announcements. Only one of them has been one that is mostly surprising though if the rumor mill is true they are building up something huge.

yeah. that pretty much sums up my current feelings. though if they have snagged something pretty impressive, i am looking forward to hearing what it is and it better be impressive. i love it when there is a huge buildup...and then bam, it's only something average.

#5808 - 12/29/08 07:51 AM Re: Anime News [Re: WhtHawk]
otakuden Offline
UPSF Captain

Originally Posted By: WhtHawk
As much as I personally dislike what I am about to argue...

We need companies like 4Kids Entertainment. Let's start by looking at Dragon Ball Z who's initial dub drug FUNimation's name through the mud. Sadly, it was the only way to get the show on the air. Since then, the dub has become closer and closer to the original product until un-cut releases were eventually sold. This is a problem which could easily be fixed with a change in leadership.

Personally, I would have liked to see more DVD releases from 4Kids.

um... NO!!! O_O

and not a very solid argument. 4Kids and all those need not apply, ever, to the anime world ever again. they've actually done far more damage to the anime market, audience, and licensing than any miniscule amount of good.

Page 3 of 356 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 355 356 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.