Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 23 of 332 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 331 332 >
Topic Options
#12310 - 08/03/09 09:43 AM Re: Anime News [Re: joelgundam01]
LuckySeven Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Macon, Georgia, USA
Unfortunately, I was thinking that might be why. But still, it seems like a highly stupid move on their part to dub the entire 24 episode TV series, then cheap out on the OVA and release it in subtitle only format. Especially when it has not even been all that long since they released the final volume of the TV series. I still intend on buying the series down the line, but I will more than likely skip the OVA because of this.

My YouTube Channel
My Collection

Advertisement
#12312 - 08/03/09 12:14 PM Re: Anime News [Re: LuckySeven]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.

"I would wager that Funimation will have announce a release date on this within the next 12 months."

Yes-I've heard about that myself-but I'm trying to track down the uncensored ADV releases of seasons 1 & 2-like almost all SS dvds they are outrageously expensive.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#12315 - 08/03/09 12:43 PM Re: Anime News [Re: zrdb]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
Something that Bandai didn't do on with the OVA is that there were no liner notes with the disc (giving the references to the gags)like they did with the series. Something that i don't understand myself.

#12321 - 08/03/09 02:52 PM Re: Anime News [Re: samuraisgt]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
Originally Posted By: samuraisgt
I got a response from Bandai & their not going to dub Lucky Star OVA.I'm not happy about it.I won't be buying it cuz I don't buy sub.I'm just pissed off right now.

I "feel your pain" on that general issue. As for Lucky Star, I might just skip the entire series.

#12326 - 08/03/09 06:05 PM Re: Anime News [Re: Stefanie]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: Stefanie
As for Lucky Star, I might just skip the entire series.

You'll miss out on a great series.

#12330 - 08/03/09 10:23 PM Re: Anime News [Re: LuckySeven]
samuraisgt Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Jacksonville,IL,US
Originally Posted By: LuckySeven
Originally Posted By: samuraisgt
I got a response from Bandai & their not going to dub the Lucky Star OVA.I'm not happy about it. I won't be buying it cuz I don't buy sub. I'm just pissed off right now.
Did they actually give out any reasons or did they only say that it wouldn't be dubbed?

They didn't give me a reason.I gave'em a reply that I can't say on this site ^^.Plus I told'em I don't buy subs.

#12355 - 08/05/09 10:46 AM Re: Anime News [Re: samuraisgt]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I saw a few fansubbed episodes of Lucky Star and wasn't impressed enough to want to buy it-just like when they whimped out on Galaxy Angel X-the first 4 episodes were dubbed and the rest weren't.

#12362 - 08/05/09 04:13 PM Re: Anime News [Re: zrdb]
LuckySeven Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Macon, Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: zrdb
...just like when they whimped out on Galaxy Angel X The first 4 episodes were dubbed and the rest weren't.
Wow, no wonder people keep predicting/hoping that Bandai goes out of business. Just when I thought the Lucky Star OVA being released subtitle only only months after the last volume of the TV came out and it had a dub itself was bad. This is just takes the cake. Its quite literally the worst thing I've heard of them doing next to the subtitle only DVDs of Gurren Lagaan being the only ones available while the dub version of the series was airing for the first time on Sci-Fi Channel last year. While I am not wishing for it, I would not be surprised if Bandai ends up out of business in the USA within the next 5 years or less.

My YouTube Channel
My Collection

#12439 - 08/10/09 05:34 PM Re: Anime News [Re: LuckySeven]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

That's the stock reply right now-everytime the question "Is it going to be dubbed?" is asked the anime companies say NO!! It's not economically feasible right now-so that brings me back to my usual question-if it's only subbed-then why should I buy it?

#12449 - 08/10/09 07:17 PM Re: Anime News [Re: zrdb]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: zrdb
...if it's only subbed-then why should I buy it?

Maybe for the content? Sub or dub, if the main story is the same why not?

Page 23 of 332 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 331 332 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.