Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 107 of 333 < 1 2 ... 105 106 107 108 109 ... 332 333 >
Topic Options
#49463 - 03/12/13 01:36 AM Re: Anime News [Re: stargates]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Yeah I often go to the local Walmart after work for shopping (usually after 10 PM) and boy is it almost impossible to find a parking spot that isn't blocked by a bunch of carts...

I actually posted some comments on a blog about common courtesy (or the lack thereof) about carts, trash, and disgusting things in the bathroom...seriously how do you miss when sitting down...at least I didn't have to clean it.

I agree it's gotten a lot worse over the last few years.
I mean I have seen people put the cart up on the "curb" (the grassy areas in the parking lot) right next to the cart return, or right across from the cart return. What's even more ridiculous is when they put their cart right next to the return and not in it...
Let's just say that a few times I actually saw people do it, I did one of these things (though it probably was a bad idea).
1: grab the cart really hard and glare at them with a rather nasty look.
2: do the above, but stand behind their car and ask them to put it away next time.
3: confront the customer saying "does this even LOOK like a cart return?!"(they responded with "I spent so & so much in your store so I can out it where I want!")

Our store is quite a bit more "sophisticated" (IMO) than Walmart (we wear rather formal uniforms (ties & shirts)) so I would think that our customers would act like it is, but apparently not.

Anyhow, that's enough of that...

What is this Magi show about anyways (don't follow the stream stuff)?

Advertisement
#49468 - 03/12/13 04:49 AM Re: Anime News [Re: EricDent]
sevi Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Pennsylvania
I haven't watched it yet either. It takes alot of elements from A Thousand and One Nights. Characters apparently go and conquer dungeon like areas in order to gain power over genie like creatures. Also there are characters who are called Magi who select "king candidates". It's sort of odd. I don't think I could describe it very well.
All I know for sure is that it's huge amongst Fujoshi right now as a lot of the merchandise/ media following focuses on the male characters, but there are lots of females. So it isn't BL or reverse harem. And the main character, Aladdin, was at one point going to be a girl.

#49470 - 03/12/13 08:17 AM Re: Anime News [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: EricDent
Yeah I often go to the local Walmart after work for shopping (usually after 10 PM) and boy is it almost impossible to find a parking spot that isn't blocked by a bunch of carts...

I actually posted some comments on a blog about common courtesy (or the lack thereof) about carts, trash, and disgusting things in the bathroom...seriously how do you miss when sitting down...at least I didn't have to clean it.

I mean I have seen people put the cart up on the "curb" (the grassy areas in the parking lot) right next to the cart return, or right across from the cart return. What's even more ridiculous is when they put their cart right next to the return and not in it...
Let's just say that a few times I actually saw people do it, I did one of these things (though it probably was a bad idea).
1: grab the cart really hard and glare at them with a rather nasty look.
2: do the above, but stand behind their car and ask them to put it away next time.
3: confront the customer saying "does this even LOOK like a cart return?!"(they responded with "I spent so & so much in your store so I can out it where I want!")

Our store is quite a bit more "sophisticated" (IMO) than Walmart (we wear rather formal uniforms (ties & shirts)) so I would think that our customers would act like it is, but apparently not.

Anyhow, that's enough of that...

What is this Magi show about anyways (don't follow the stream stuff)?

I agree with you Eric, because I will put the Cart back in itís Corral, Iíll even put other carts in their as well.

HOWEVER!!!! ( have you thought about this )
When Iím parked more than two spots away from the Cart Corral ( and I bet thatís really too far away ) and I have the grandkids with me, especially the 10 month old.
Itís not an option, itís gotten so bad with Politically Correctness, and now itís LAW, that if I was to put the Groceries and the Grandkids in the Jeep,
than walk the Cart to itís Corral and someone saw me and called the Cops, Iíd get Arrested for Child Endangerment/Neglect.
Because Iíd be too far away from the Vehicle, and it has happened, not to me but to otherís.

And I see an awful lot of people with kidís in Walmart....
and I have no problem whatsoever with them not risking an Arrest Record, Jail time, and/or being investigated by Child Services for Neglect Crimes,
just because they put the Cart in the Corral.

People have been arrested because someone called the Police, because they thought a Mothers back was turned for too long or they were too far away from the car when the kidís were inside it.

One famous/actual one was that the Woman was in fact loading her SUV with Groceries after putting her kidís in the SUV first.
I guess someone called the Police and even had cell phone footage, the Cops showed up before she was even done loading the SUV and she was Arrested.

Apparently it was a judgment call on the part of the Police Officer that she had to walk to far from the Vehicle, ( and her back was turned away for too long ? ) to get and load the Groceries, that it warranted Arrest for child Endangerment.

So no thanks, if the Kids are with me the cart is staying were it's at !!!!!

*If the Cop had decided not to Arrest, and one person complained about it,
it would have been Bad Press for the Police Department and unwanted attention for that Cop.
It is easier to just Arrest, and than let the system work itís course, no matter the pain and heartache it causes.

Do you know that if you are Arrested for something, but than the charges are dropped,
and sometime later you are asked by a Cop if youíve been arrested before, you have to answer is YES.
Even if you were Arrested by mistake, you still have an Arrest Record*

Disclaimer: Iíve never been Arrested! .. grin ..

Edited by BWBODDY (03/12/13 09:13 AM)

#49477 - 03/12/13 10:30 AM Re: Anime News [Re: EricDent]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Netherlands
Madoka was very very popular, so it gets a dub.
Though even with the cheaper option it's still rather expensive for a 12 episode show. $90 for that?
I liked Drrrr but not enough to warrant spending over $120 for it, or $140 for Blu-Ray...

I ended up getting the UK versions which are priced about half of that... wink
I might do the same for some of the newer Funi titles, though the difference won't be that extreme for those...

Hmm, I guess in the USA shopping carts aren't daisychained together, allowing you to get the one on the end by inserting a coin? (over here either a 50 Eurocent coin or a similar size/weight token sparingly given out by the shops)
If people don't put the shopping cart back, they don't get their coin back, losing them Eur 0.50 per shopping trip...
</off topic>

#49478 - 03/12/13 10:39 AM Re: Anime News [Re: SD Maruko-kun]
Cheap One Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: SD Maruko-kun

Hmm, I guess in the USA shopping carts aren't daisychained together, allowing you to get the one on the end by inserting a coin? (over here either a 50 Eurocent coin or a similar size/weight token sparingly given out by the shops)
If people don't put the shopping cart back, they don't get their coin back, losing them Eur 0.50 per shopping trip...
</off topic>

My French teacher told us about this. He lived in Belgium though, and would talk about that when we would go over the market chapter in both French 1 and 2.

#49483 - 03/12/13 11:16 AM Re: Anime News [Re: Cheap One]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Cheap One

</off topic>

My French teacher told us about this. He lived in Belgium though, and would talk about that when we would go over the market chapter in both French 1 and 2.

[google, google]
Looks like at least 1 of the European shop chains also introduced the system into the USA: http://www.leanforeveryoneblog.com/2011/...-in-action.html
(over here in the Netherlands shopping carts without such a system are rare, so everybody is just used to always carrying around a 50 Eurocent coint or token when going shopping for groceries, home improvement articles etc...)

#49484 - 03/12/13 11:19 AM Re: Anime News [Re: stargates]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
We have a similar concept with these strollers that people can borrow at the mall. They insert the coin & get it, and if they return it they get their money back.

I guess that quite a few people think that everybody that works retail is some sort of maid/janitor/butler/bell boy combo.

I have also seen people who are obviously not disabled (usually somebody who could use to walk more often) using those handicap carts they have at Target/Wallmart or the Grocery store.

All I have to say about people being so freaking worried about kids that they call the cops if mom/dad is too far away, GET A LIFE!

When I was younger both my parents worked a LOT, so I either had to stay at school (latch key kid), daycare (though I was probably too old by then), or had a babysiter (usually a relative).

Anyhow, thanks for letting me rant, and for the info on Magi.

#49485 - 03/12/13 11:29 AM Re: Anime News [Re: SD Maruko-kun]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: Cheap One

</off topic>

[google, google]
Looks like at least 1 of the European shop chains also introduced the system into the USA: http://www.leanforeveryoneblog.com/2011/...-in-action.html
(over here in the Netherlands shopping carts without such a system are rare, so everybody is just used to always carrying around a 50 Eurocent coint or token when going shopping for groceries, home improvement articles etc...)

Back in the 60ís and into the 70ís, I and other Kidís would earn Money ( in tips ) taking Groceries out to peoples Carís from the Store.
( we usually got from a Nickel to a Quarter for helping )
A lot of the Stores had rails up so you couldnít take a cart into the parking lot.
You could take it just out of the Store, than youíd have to carry them from there.

Man those were the days, with that and the local Golf Course, we always had spending money.
With the local Golf Course, we would sell back lost Balls ( we found in the Wooded Areas ) to the Golfers.
At a ľ to a Ĺ the cost of a new one.

#49496 - 03/12/13 04:21 PM Re: Anime News [Re: sevi]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Originally Posted By: sevi
Aniplex USA has licensed Magi for its NA release. I hope they have it dubbed and at a reasonable price.

Ha ha-that's funny-it won't be dubbed and it'll cost an arm and a leg-after all we're talking about Aniplex here.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#49498 - 03/12/13 04:42 PM Re: Anime News [Re: zrdb]
sevi Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: zrdb
Originally Posted By: sevi
Aniplex USA has licensed Magi for its NA release. I hope they have it dubbed and at a reasonable price.

Ha ha-that's funny-it won't be dubbed and it'll cost an arm and a leg-after all we're talking about Aniplex here.

Well, one can only hope about the dub, but it wouldn't be completely necessary. And by reasonable price I meant reasonable by Aniplex standards. Probably around $100-$200 range.

Page 107 of 333 < 1 2 ... 105 106 107 108 109 ... 332 333 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.