Start Shopping! Cart
Page 1 of 344 1 2 3 ... 343 344 >
Topic Options
#5676 - 12/26/08 01:09 PM Anime News
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
For anyone following Funimations aquisitions here's the latest ones from their site:

12/22/08 Ikki Tousen (13 eps)
12/23/08 Gad Guard
12/24/08 Vandread (26 eps)
12/25/08 Nabari No Ou
12/26/08 Last Exile

Talk about going full steam ahead. Wonder what's next.

Advertisement
#5683 - 12/26/08 01:52 PM Re: Anime News [Re: stargates]
GreenGel Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Hudson Valley, NY
Very happy about Last Exile. I haven't seen it, but I've noticed the RightStuf stock of the box sets has been dwindling and I don't have the money to spend on buying one right now. A new release will be welcomed.

I'm hoping Funimation will start announcing that they are picking up the sequel series/seasons to some of the Geneon shows they got, like Familiar of Zero and Shakugan no Shana.

#5684 - 12/26/08 03:01 PM Re: Anime News [Re: GreenGel]
Risami Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

i'm hoping they licence a show i like from this yr at least frown
maybe they will rescue more geneon titles later in the future too.

#5685 - 12/26/08 04:12 PM Re: Anime News [Re: Risami]
Alpha_Zeon Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Loc: MS
I would assume so. I'm really looking forward to Gad Guard coming out in a more affordable thinpak. Already have the Geneon releases of Ikki Tousen and Last Exile.

#5686 - 12/26/08 05:08 PM Re: Anime News [Re: Alpha_Zeon]
Otaku Review Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Oregon Coast
So far I've been pretty unimpressed with Funi's announcements. Only one of them has been one that is mostly surprising though if the rumor mill is true they are building up something huge.

Otaku Review
Twitter
MySpace

#5687 - 12/26/08 06:26 PM Re: Anime News [Re: Otaku Review]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

While i like that Funi has gotten several of these titles back in circulation again, will this affect their release schedule for the spring? Spring is sheduled to have shows like Gunslinger Girl season2 and others coming out. I'm wondering if the time they put into these new releases will trickle down and affect their previous release timetable and push things back several months.

Also these new releases they are able to put up on their Funi-channel (if they want) without any worry of liscenseing problems that might come up.

#5689 - 12/26/08 06:48 PM Re: Anime News [Re: stargates]
long time lurker Offline

Loc: through the looking glass
God, if GSGII never got released it would be too soon. I LOVE the first GSG, I LOVE the manga, but what they did to GSGII I can just not stand. They absolutely destroyed it.
And slowly, you'll come to realize. It's all as it should be. You can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a trade off. We could loose it all, but we'll go down fighting.

#5690 - 12/26/08 07:04 PM Re: Anime News [Re: long time lurker]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I've only seen the first two or three eps so i don't know how the story plays out. But i agree, the animation was somewhat...lacking.

#5691 - 12/26/08 07:20 PM Re: Anime News [Re: stargates]
long time lurker Offline

Loc: through the looking glass
The character designs, wile quiet different, are not really what I hate the most about it. The personalities are completely changed, the details in the art work are non-existent, and it just seemed like each episode was far less thought out then in the first season. I only made it 5 episodes into the 2nd one.

Yes, you can argue that the story is closer to the manga. And I would agree with that fact. The first season concentrated on the girls and the story as to why they existed really took a back seat. Because of that I don't know if they felt it necessary to present the story the way they did for the 2nd season or if there was another reason for it. But it just felt so wrong the way they tried to play "catch up" with the story.
And slowly, you'll come to realize. It's all as it should be. You can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a trade off. We could loose it all, but we'll go down fighting.

#5697 - 12/26/08 09:22 PM Re: Anime News [Re: long time lurker]
WhtHawk Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: KS
For those wondering, FUNimation has posted subtitled copies of the first two episodes on their beta version video player.

As for the rest, there is less detail, but since it is set well after the original, I would have been upset if the character designs hadn't matured as well.

Page 1 of 344 1 2 3 ... 343 344 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.