Start Shopping! Cart
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#51567 - 04/30/13 12:06 PM Re: Rightstuf.com payment system suggestions [Re: Richard Harms]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
Is it possible to send out the reminders a month in advance? 7 days just doesn't cut it for me.
Originally Posted By: Richard Harms
I've tried not to back it off that far, because then internally that leads to requests for multiple reminders as the date nears, and I haven't wanted to litter our customer's mailboxes with reminders. The way I've looked at it is, very little happens if it expires anyway (just toss one on your next order, or renew when you find it), that 7 days was a reasonable compromise. Maybe I should be more aggressive. smile

I like the seven day period. Any earlier, and I'll forget about it. Also, I agree about email litter being a turn off. One notice is enough.

Advertisement
#51571 - 04/30/13 12:31 PM Re: Rightstuf.com payment system suggestions [Re: SD Maruko-kun]
Richard Harms Offline
UPSF Admiral

Loc: Des Moines, Iowa, US
Originally Posted By: SD Maruko-kun
Talking about Got Anime, are there any plans to make it useful for people like me who nearly only pre-order anime?
The huge discounts on nearly all pre-orders by putting them in the weekly specials are very nice, but with their "Not Eligible, Excluded, Excluded" they completely nullify Got Anime.
It's a bit frustating to place a 6 item order and end up with Got Anime doing exactly $0.00 to that order... frown

(these days "10% off international shipping" would probably benefit me more than "10% off the products, but doesn't apply to to the vast majority of pre-orders". :-P )
We know we need to take a look at Got Anime and see what we can to do make it more useful to everyone. To be honest, though, it's extremely unlikely that we'd be able to offer a discount on international shipping with the memberships.

#51574 - 04/30/13 03:09 PM Re: Rightstuf.com payment system suggestions [Re: Richard Harms]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: SD Maruko-kun
Talking about Got Anime, are there any plans to make it useful for people like me who nearly only pre-order anime?
The huge discounts on nearly all pre-orders by putting them in the weekly specials are very nice, but with their "Not Eligible, Excluded, Excluded" they completely nullify Got Anime.
It's a bit frustating to place a 6 item order and end up with Got Anime doing exactly $0.00 to that order... frown

(these days "10% off international shipping" would probably benefit me more than "10% off the products, but doesn't apply to to the vast majority of pre-orders". :-P )
We know we need to take a look at Got Anime and see what we can to do make it more useful to everyone. To be honest, though, it's extremely unlikely that we'd be able to offer a discount on international shipping with the memberships.

Yah, it does seem like more and more this is what I see when I want to buy anything lately.
Not Eligible For Coupon Discounts
Excluded from Membership Discounts
Excluded from Affiliate Commissions

And Iím not even exaggerating frown

#51577 - 04/30/13 03:29 PM Re: Rightstuf.com payment system suggestions [Re: Wise Silver Wolf]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

That is mainly because Sentai and Funimation titles go straight into the weekly specials when they go up for preorder. Which of course the weekly specials don't let you use Got Anime.

#51589 - 05/01/13 09:35 AM Re: Rightstuf.com payment system suggestions [Re: Cheap One]
RightStufSpecialsMinion Offline
UPSF Admiral

Loc: Iowa
As a heads up, while the specials don't usually let you apply GA, the Daily Deals always do. smile

#51724 - 05/06/13 10:26 PM Re: Rightstuf.com payment system suggestions [Re: Richard Harms]
Rookie One Offline
UPSF Ensign

One interesting thing I have noticed Amazon doing, where they're giving some flexibility, is with the application of Discover Cashback to orders. They tell you your current balance from Discover, and allow you to apply any amount of it to your current order. It's a little different than I've seen with how, like you said, their credits and such work.

As it happens I do have my Discover Card linked to my Amazon account. I haven't used any of my cashback towards any orders, as I don't think it's a better value compared to redeeming for gift cards for other retailers through their cashback store. Getting a $25 GC for $20 gives more bang and what not. Though I rarely have more than $50 in CB, so I can see why those with more to redeem might just opt to use CB.

Amazon also offers the use of points from a couple other credit cards, too.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.