Start Shopping! Cart
Page 657 of 1029 < 1 2 ... 655 656 657 658 659 ... 1028 1029 >
Topic Options
#50434 - 04/03/13 02:00 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: ZombyBob]
KyleMills Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Michigan, U.S.
Originally Posted By: ZombyBob
Originally Posted By: KyleMills
Originally Posted By: EricDent
Watched 4 more episodes of The Girl Who Lept Through Space.
Since I borrowed vol. 2 from the Library.

Let's see:

More weird stuff with the family of Ahkri (main girl).
Then random baseball episode.
Then more outer space stuff, with some girl in a box & another colony ship.

Baseball episodes FTW!

Now that i'm thinking about it...i might have to pull out Samurai Champloo & go watch that episode again! "god help us this isn't Baseball anymore...This is madness!!"

Originally Posted By: formerroadie
Originally Posted By: KyleMills
Watched the 1st 6 episodes of Xam'd Lost Memories so far, reminds me of Eureka Seven alot, but not as good. It's been really slow so far, & it's got a great background music.

I absolutely loved that show. One of my all time faves.

I'm enjoying it alot as well, the 1st 5 were ok for me, but 6 was a huge step up, i heard it gets alot better, so i'm hoping this is where it starts!
I freaking love Champloo, it has a way of being so funny and so bad arse at the same time that's pretty unique.

It's one of my favorites! I haven't talked to a single person who hates Champloo...yet!

Advertisement
#50451 - 04/03/13 02:24 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Dangaizer 3

It's so cool seeing the old The Right Stuf International logo come onto the screen when you put a DVD into the player. Dangaizer 3 is turning out to be a delicous piece of 90's RightStuf & Masami Obari pie... if you know what I mean. Call it nostalgia, but I feel like a lot power is packed into the short OVA's of the 80's and 90's. Maybe the short runtime causes high concentration of awesome. Once again; call it nostalgia, but the condensed stories leave a lot of speculation up to the viewer... and I love it! Dangaizer 3 is a treat. The moment it started, I tasted Blade Runner. Furthermore, nobody does magical girl transformations like Masami Obari. He was heavily involved in Dangaizer 3 and it shows. I've got one episode left and I almost don't want to watch it, because I don't want it to end. Does The Right Stuf International have any other OOP little gems from their old catalogue that I'm missing out on? Also; are there any other titles out there that I should know about, where Masami Obari was heavily involved. Or maybe someone could recommend some titles that share Masami Obari's... um, style.

#50457 - 04/03/13 06:23 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: kiku]
oldcharlie55 Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: New York
Originally Posted By: kiku
Dangaizer 3

It's so cool seeing the old The Right Stuf International logo come onto the screen when you put a DVD into the player. Dangaizer 3 is turning out to be a delicous piece of 90's RightStuf & Masami Obari pie... if you know what I mean. Call it nostalgia, but I feel like a lot power is packed into the short OVA's of the 80's and 90's. Maybe the short runtime causes high concentration of awesome. Once again; call it nostalgia, but the condensed stories leave a lot of speculation up to the viewer... and I love it! Dangaizer 3 is a treat. The moment it started, I tasted Blade Runner. Furthermore, nobody does magical girl transformations like Masami Obari. He was heavily involved in Dangaizer 3 and it shows. I've got one episode left and I almost don't want to watch it, because I don't want it to end. Does The Right Stuf International have any other OOP little gems from their old catalogue that I'm missing out on? Also; are there any other titles out there that I should know about, where Masami Obari was heavily involved. Or maybe someone could recommend some titles that share Masami Obari's... um, style.

If you can handle the awesome stupidity of the story, there's Voltage Fighter Gowkaiser, a 3-episode OVA directed and with character designs by Masami Obari. There's also a movie version which was just edited from the OVA. There's also the Fatal Fury franchise (2 OVAs and 1 movie) which I have not seen, but based on The Sage's review it seems the movie is about as dumb as Gowkaiser but more boring. Unfortunately, all these titles are out of print and not cheap.

He also directed a hentai OVA called Angel Blade.

#50459 - 04/03/13 07:12 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
The Girl Who Lept Through Space-the three two dvd sets that I got from Beez are very nice-much better than the us Bandai release.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#50468 - 04/03/13 09:12 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: oldcharlie55]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: oldcharlie55
Dangaizer 3

If you can handle the awesome stupidity of the story, there's Voltage Fighter Gowkaiser, a 3-episode OVA directed and with character designs by Masami Obari. There's also a movie version which was just edited from the OVA. There's also the Fatal Fury franchise (2 OVAs and 1 movie) which I have not seen, but based on The Sage's review it seems the movie is about as dumb as Gowkaiser but more boring. Unfortunately, all these titles are out of print and not cheap.

He also directed a hentai OVA called Angel Blade.
I've got the U.S. Manga movie edtion of Gowcaiser. Haven't seen Fatal Fury yet. I've... uh, Angel Blade... um, Angel Blade FTW!

#50488 - 04/04/13 02:34 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
I watched part of Virgin Fleet, have not finished it yet.
It seemed pretty fun, but I was pretty tired so I was not really paying attention.

Pretty decent dub with Crispin Freeman, Lisa Ortiz, and a few others. During like the first 5 minutes I swear there was a voice that sounded a LOT like Monica Rial...but she is not a New York talent.

#50507 - 04/04/13 10:42 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Crispin Freeman was in the Dangaizer 3 credits as well.

#50510 - 04/04/13 11:52 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: kiku]
KyleMills Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Michigan, U.S.
Crispin Freeman was in the Dangaizer 3 credits as well.

Anything Crispin Freeman is a lead character in = WIN.

Edited by KyleMills (04/05/13 02:38 AM)

#50530 - 04/05/13 01:40 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
formerroadie Offline
UPSF Commander

Loc: Texas... in other words, Hell
Started Nisemonogatari last night (all I have to say is O-O )
And
Devil Survivor 2 (my first simulcast).

LOVE DS2 but will have to wait to see how I like Nise....

#50541 - 04/05/13 04:28 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Watched a couple more episodes of The Girl Who Lept Through Space.

Yet again it decides to switch genres by adding in a kinda Magical Girl. Who of course just happens to be the younger sister of the main girl (and greatly resembles Fate from Nanoha).
She even has a weapon that looks like Bardiche (kinda).

Then it reveals that not only girl Nevin's use cyborg bodies as well.
Earlier in the show the main gir's Navin is seen using a maid body.
This one was one of the student council. He actually borrows the maid body when his is damaged.

Page 657 of 1029 < 1 2 ... 655 656 657 658 659 ... 1028 1029 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.