Start Shopping! Cart
Page 44 of 99 < 1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 98 99 >
Topic Options
#50352 - 03/31/13 10:58 PM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
sevi Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: PA
Jack Sparrow cosplayers are quite the epidemic. They'll show anywhere short of a Star Wars convention. And even there it's only a matter of time smirk

Advertisement
#50355 - 04/01/13 12:14 AM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Texas
One of these days I really need to check out a Star Wars con...

Been to a comic book/RPG con (Dragon Con), and Anime cons (Sakuracon & Ikkicon).

If I had the $ I was tempted to go to the Star Trek thing in Vegas....

BTW there is this guy that comes into our store on occasion that looks a LOT like Johhny Depp (when he had the goatee look).

BTW my outfit could easily fit into Star Wars as well.
Kinda looks like a cross between The Dread Pirate Roberts (Princess Bride) and Jedi Luke from Return of the Jedi.

Yes all black, not really a good choice for the rather hot weather of Texas, but it was great in the slightly cooler Fall weather in Georgia & Seattle area as well.

I just bought the shirt & pants about 4 years ago at the Houston fair.
Since my previous outfit was rather difficult to get off if I needed a restroom break.
Let's just say wrap-around pants are not a good idea.
The previous shirt also had elastic on the sleeve area, which I found kinda silly.
Though that shirt is much thinner than the current shirt is (it's kinda a course cotton).

I was debating on getting a new shirt, but kinda talked myself out of it.
Some of the places were absurd on the prices ($60 for a shirt), though one was pretty fair ($30).

I think in total all I spent was maybe $600 for everything I have.
Including gloves, a full cloak (fading into dark grey), a few daggers/swords, several pouches, and accessories (belt, necklaces, a staff (was a wizard at first, now it's a thief/pirate blend) and various leather things).

Of course the spending was over several years.

I can only start to imagine what it must cost & feel like in the outfits with chainmail/metal/leather armor...

#50356 - 04/01/13 12:36 AM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
sevi Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I had an Abnormal Psychology professor once who looked like Gene Wilder back when he did Young Frankenstein. And one of my Music professors looked like a young Jim Brewer from SNL. No Depp lookalikes though wink

As far as cosplay, I've been told I would make a very convincing Ukraine from Hetalia weirdly enough >.<

#50417 - 04/02/13 06:29 PM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Texas
OK due to a certain settlement, I got a rather large check,,,

So I bought a 3DS XL, and Luigi's Mansion 3DS game.
Apparently Nintendo is having a deal where you get a digital copy of a select game (you choose from 5 games) free.

I most likely will pick the Professor Layton 3DS game.

Planning on getting the new LEGO Undercover game as well (it's a 3DS & Wii U exclusive). Of course this is mostly for the upcoming Pokemon X/Y game.

#50420 - 04/02/13 06:47 PM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
sevi Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Speaking of Professor Layton... I have extreme Japan envy right now. I want Layton vs Ace Attorney so bad. And I don't care about the so called low sales. If everything had to go by original sales figures Bubblegum Crisis would have never been brought overseas.

#50427 - 04/02/13 09:10 PM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
formerroadie Offline
UPSF Commander

Loc: Texas... in other words, Hell
I just pre-ordered Shin Megami Tensei IV for 3DS....drool

#50444 - 04/03/13 01:11 PM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
Supermutant Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad Volume 1

#50456 - 04/03/13 05:16 PM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
Animejr Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Picked up the pikachu 3ds and etrian odyssey 4. Having a blast

#50464 - 04/03/13 08:52 PM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

EO4 is a blast.

#50481 - 04/04/13 07:46 AM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: Cheap One]
Animejr Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Originally Posted By: Cheap One
EO4 is a blast.

It was a tie between this and monster hunter. I went to several local stores and could only find 1 copy of eo4. Its much better than i expected, definately a challenging game and good character development. Hope i dont get my azz handed to me

Page 44 of 99 < 1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 98 99 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2015 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.