Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#50224 - 03/29/13 01:25 PM Old School
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I just received a copy of Dangaizer 3 Volume 2 today that I purchased listed as "New" from a third party seller. In it, I discovered an insert from RightStuf from waaay back. Let me rephrase that, from The Right Stuf International. I'm pretty sure this little bad boy might be from the turn of the century. I wish that I used an online photo hosting service so I could link a pic; but sadly, I don't. I wish I knew more about the character featured on the insert, which is a customer feedback insert of sorts. It's all in a single color ink, sorta light blue.

There is a girl wearing a white trenchcoat with a smiley face pin/patch, sailor cap, a turtleneck shirt, baggy boots, and what appears to be a loincloth. sweat The loincloth is reminiscient of Menace's from Queen's Blade.

On the flip side is a girl with a goofy lookin' dog with long ears. She's got that short poofy blonde eighties anime hair and eighties anime eyes, very Robotech. She has big round earrings and a tiara featuring a large triangular gem. She's also wearing a cape and small shoulder armor pads. She's wearing what appears to be a leather (or maybe it's just black) bikini bottom and skimpy top suspended from a necklace/choker with circles on it.

I'm quite curious to know who these characters are, so if anybody can derive anything from my vague descriptions; I'd love to hear about it. Holy old school RightStuf!

Advertisement
#50226 - 03/29/13 02:00 PM Re: Old School [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: kiku
I wish that I used an online photo hosting service so I could link a pic; but sadly, I don't.

Use Image Shack! You don't even have to register.

#50233 - 03/29/13 03:48 PM Re: Old School [Re: kiku]
RightStufSpecialsMinion Offline
UPSF Admiral

Loc: Iowa
The girl in the white trench coat is Azalyn from The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, and the blonde with the dog is Yoni, from The Fantastic Adventure Of Yohko: Leda. Leda, unfortunately, is out of print.

We actually tried to locate a copy of the original insert ourselves just now, but when we opened up our vault copy of Dangaizer volume 2 we found an insert with Boogiepop on it instead. Looks like they were inserted randomly.

Edited by RightStufSpecialsMinion (03/29/13 05:01 PM)

#50249 - 03/30/13 01:26 AM Re: Old School [Re: RightStufSpecialsMinion]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Thanks for the reply RightStufSpecialsMinion. It was just such a blast from the past, I had to tell everyone about it. Leda looks like it may have been VHS only. whistle

#50286 - 03/30/13 06:25 PM Re: Old School [Re: kiku]
sevi Online
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Pennsylvania
Weirdly enough. Even though the Leda series has been MIA for quite some time, you can still buy a figure from the series at quite a reasonable price on that Internet sales giant which can not be mentioned.

#50300 - 03/30/13 08:44 PM Re: Old School [Re: sevi]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: sevi
Weirdly enough. Even though the Leda series has been MIA for quite some time, you can still buy a figure from the series at quite a reasonable price on that Internet sales giant which can not be mentioned.

Oh you mean Amazon ??
You can say it's name ! grin

#50302 - 03/30/13 08:52 PM Re: Old School [Re: BWBODDY]
sevi Online
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Pennsylvania
I thought for sure you would think I meant Volde*Mart. grin

#50315 - 03/31/13 12:05 AM Re: Old School [Re: sevi]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

I see what you did there.

#50363 - 04/01/13 12:30 PM Re: Old School [Re: kiku]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

I received my copy of Dangaizer 3 Volume 1 today and it's in mint condition and... it outdid my Volume 2 in old schoolness. Not only did it come with the aforementioned insert, but it had the original blue The Right Stuf International sticker on the the plastic wrap. Not only that, but the annoying anti-theft sticker that prevents the opening of the DVD until you remove it also had Right Stuf printed on it. I'm so glad that I got my hands on new copies of these old school Masami Obari works, and I'm glad that I got a blast from the past from one of the world's greatest businesses. BTW if anyone at RightStuf is interested in the insert that I discovered, please feel free to let me know; I have two now and would be more than willing to part with one just cuz I love ya.

#50404 - 04/02/13 10:31 AM Re: Old School [Re: kiku]
RightStufSpecialsMinion Offline
UPSF Admiral

Loc: Iowa
Thank you very much for thinking of us, but we should already have a copy around here somewhere. Our production manager keeps pretty good records. smile It's just old enough to not be readily accessible without doing a little digging in our vault.

Glad to hear you're enjoying your DVDs!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.