Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#49796 - 03/18/13 11:48 PM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: Cheap One]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: Cheap One
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
Originally Posted By: kiku
Oh, I see. Thank you Cheap One. whistle

I hope everyone who reads her Post realizes they can just click on Quote and read what she wrote.

All you really have to do is click on the text. I go to another board that uses that trick for spoilers. So I am very use to doing it already.

Oh... right, right grin
hold left button down and slide over the word

Advertisement
#49808 - 03/19/13 11:50 AM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: BWBODDY]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
Just highlight it with your cursor, and you'll see the white text. Using the spoiler tag creates a whole separate paragraph, which wasn't necessary for so few words.

#50751 - 04/09/13 05:39 PM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
As quoted from Gevin:

"Sh*t & Tit distraction" def.: The use of fanservice, such as scantily clad characters; to obfuscate the lack of well developed storyline, pacing, characters, etc...

#51416 - 04/26/13 09:58 AM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
def.: Ahoge (as taken from the Urban Dictionary )

Literally, “stupid hair” in japanese. A single (usually short and fat) lock of hair that sticks out of an anime character’s head. The character is usually stupid in some way, but there are enough exceptions that this isn’t a rule. Example characters include Himeko and Me-tan. To be differentiated from antenna hair, which is two or more thin locks of hair as opposed to only one.

Rebecca grabs a hold of Himeko's ahoge and pulls it out.

#51885 - 05/11/13 05:05 AM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: Gevin]
zrdb Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Originally Posted By: Gevin
As far as I'm aware, an Otaku is only considered a person with an anime obsession in America. In Japan an Otaku can be a person with an obsession of anything. Typically such an obsession that causes the person to become a recluse from normal society. For a good point of reference, check out the weirdos in Princess Jellyfish. ;P

I HATE the term "otaku"-a literal translation is a fanatical fan-a stalker in some cases. To me it's just plain creepy-I much prefer the term "anime aficionado".

My Anime Bluray Collection

#51886 - 05/11/13 11:12 AM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: zrdb]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: zrdb
Originally Posted By: Gevin
As far as I'm aware, an Otaku is only considered a person with an anime obsession in America. In Japan an Otaku can be a person with an obsession of anything. Typically such an obsession that causes the person to become a recluse from normal society. For a good point of reference, check out the weirdos in Princess Jellyfish. ;P

I HATE the term "otaku"-a literal translation is a fanatical fan-a stalker in some cases. To me it's just plain creepy-I much prefer the term "anime connoisseur".

How about "Animaniacs" laugh

#51920 - 05/12/13 09:26 PM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: kiku]
zrdb Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

See my edit to the originial post.

#51923 - 05/12/13 10:39 PM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: zrdb]
sevi Online
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Pennsylvania

I HATE the term "otaku"-a literal translation is a fanatical fan-a stalker in some cases. To me it's just plain creepy-I much prefer the term "anime aficionado".

Wouldn't that just lead to bad AA meeting jokes though? whistle

#52024 - 05/15/13 09:59 PM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: kiku]
zrdb Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Who cares? I'd rather be addicted to anime than other harmful things.

#52029 - 05/15/13 10:22 PM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: zrdb]
sevi Online
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Pennsylvania
Who cares? I'd rather be addicted to anime than other harmful things.

I was joking with ya, zrdb. I'm sure you feel about the same about the term "otaku" as I do "fujoshi". Although at one point I did almost get a wristband that said "Anime: Crack is Cheaper". Didn't wanna sound like I was promoting drugs though.
>.<

Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.