Page 2 of 78 < 1 2 3 4 ... 77 78 >
Topic Options
#28247 - 10/16/11 10:36 PM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: Gevin]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: Gevin
Do you live in Canada, Kiku?
No. Why? I do, although, have an appreciation for many things Canadian. One of my favorite movies is Canadian: "Weirdsville".

Advertisement
#28270 - 10/18/11 10:18 AM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: stargates]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: North Carolina
Originally Posted By: stargates
Went a little 'old school' recently and picked up some great stuff that i've been wanting for awhile:

Casablanca
The Maltese Falcon
Roman Holiday
Sabrina
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
The Big Country
Night Passage
Lonely are The Brave

A true connoisseur of the classics and noir you are. There will never be another Bogie. I like his movies and Cary Grant's. I'm also a fan of Ginger Rogers. I like the films she made without Fred. I've been looking for someone to release Vivicious Lady for some time.

#28277 - 10/18/11 11:16 AM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: Hobby Ninja]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
Originally Posted By: Hobby Ninja
Originally Posted By: stargates
Went a little 'old school' recently and picked up some great stuff that i've been wanting for awhile:

Casablanca
The Maltese Falcon
Roman Holiday
Sabrina
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
The Big Country
Night Passage
Lonely are The Brave

A true connoisseur of the classics and noir you are. There will never be another Bogie. I like his movies and Cary Grant's. I'm also a fan of Ginger Rogers. I like the films she made without Fred. I've been looking for someone to release Vivicious Lady for some time.

I've also been thinking about checking out some of Ginger Rogers films (w/o Freddie) as well. Any recommendations?

Just picked up today is the classic The Birds. Nothing beats a Hitchcock classic.

#28279 - 10/18/11 11:53 AM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: North Carolina
Kitty Foyle is her most acclaimed role for which she won the Academy Award. It is a little depressing, but some of her best acting.
The Major and the Minor is an entertaining comedy with Ray Milland. She has to impersonate a teenager on a train and soon finds herself at a Military Academy stuck in the pretend role.
I would also recommend Once upon a Honeymoon with Cary Grant.
My favortie of her films is the comedy Vivacious Lady which she stars opposite a young Jimmy Stewart. Her personality really shines in this film.

#28343 - 10/21/11 10:38 AM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
Originally Posted By: kiku
Originally Posted By: Gevin
Do you live in Canada, Kiku?
No. Why? I do, although, have an appreciation for many things Canadian. One of my favorite movies is Canadian: "Weirdsville".

At the time of my posting I was unaware that Death Comes To Town had made it to US. I have since looked into it an discovered it had. Still, I didn't think many Americans were aware of it. I thought it kinda flew under most radars.

#28351 - 10/21/11 01:58 PM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: Gevin]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

I believe it was licensed here due to the newly released Kids In The Hall Complete series box set. I've already got the original 5 Kids In The Hall series sets so I wont be picking up the new set. I think it's hard for people to wrap their heads around how vanguard the "Kids" were. More importantly, how brave they were. To most, their comedy just seems dated. Like most things, you've gotta step away and look at it in context with the times in which it was created to fully appreciate some of the humor.

Some other shows out of Canada that I've really enjoyed are "Corner Gas" and the "Red Green Show".

Furthermore we all should give a nod to Canada in regard to how many scenes of films and shows that we all are familiar with that are filmed there. Many of the scenes from one of my favorite show "Fringe" were filmed in Canada.

#28376 - 10/21/11 09:53 PM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
My parents neighbor is from Canada, and yes he has the Canadian accent thing (and does say "eh" on occasion). Pretty cool guy though. I went to Canada a couple if times since I lived up in the NW for a long time.

Also just in case: "I'm squishing your head!" was pretty funny on Kids in the Hall.

Besides the purchase of the anime I mentioned, I also got a ticket for Monday night Raw which is on 10/24 live from Austin. Not sure if I will be on TV, but I will be wearing an Undertaker shirt (has spooky glowing eyes).

#28381 - 10/22/11 12:25 AM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Yes, and who could forget Headcrusher's arch nemesis Facepincher?

#28420 - 10/23/11 12:52 AM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Got really bored and decided to drive a ways to a slightly "upscale" mall.
There was a similar mall in Seatlle called Bellevue Square.

Not really sure why I went, but I just ate lunch and bought a magazine & a Space Needle LEGO set. This was at the LEGO store, and I almost got bit by the LEGO bug pretty hard. Cause they have these new Star Wars LEGO sets of an Imperial Shuttle (it has to be at least 2' tall) that was about $150, and a Super Star Destroyer (the Executor) that had over 1200 parts and was $400.
Wonder if it's easier to put together than the normal Star Destroyer set that had about 1,000 parts and was about $350 (I have this and tried to put it together only for it to fall to pieces when I tried to put it on display).

The magazine was a LEGO magazine that shows tips & some instructions for Mecha made out of LEGO parts. There is this really awesome MechaGodzilla in scale to the Minigigs (even has a removable cockpit with three inside) the thing has to be at least 3' tall.

#28438 - 10/24/11 12:05 AM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

I saw Nathan Sawaya's "The Art Of The Brick" exhibit at a children's museum a couple o' years back. It blew f-ing mind!

Page 2 of 78 < 1 2 3 4 ... 77 78 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.