?
Page 19 of 77 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 76 77 >
Topic Options
#38555 - 06/06/12 10:06 AM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: Gevin]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: Gevin
Personally, I think they should have more highly promoted the fact that the film had a Pixar Director helming the project. People may not too well be familiar with the John Carter comic character, but they sure as heck know that Pixar is responsible for some of the very best in animated entertainment for the longest while.
I haven't seen the film, but I did preorder it forever ago. Mine has shipped. I ordered the 3D version. As always, I don't own a 3D television,.. I just figured "why not, maybe someday" + I think I ordered it with a coupon that actually made the price cheaper than the regular version's price..

Even Officially itís been acknowledged that it was on the "Promoting the Movie" side, is where they messed up.

Advertisement
#38594 - 06/06/12 07:22 PM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
No 3d for me-that version was $25 and being as I think 3d is s**t and the regular 2d version was $20 that's what I went for.

#38613 - 06/06/12 08:24 PM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: zrdb]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I'm with you. Screw 3D.

#38618 - 06/06/12 08:36 PM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: zrdb]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: zrdb
No 3d for me-that version was $25 and being as I think 3d is s**t and the regular 2d version was $20 that's what I went for.

I don't do 3D at all !

#38620 - 06/06/12 08:38 PM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
Originally Posted By: Gevin
Personally, I think they should have more highly promoted the fact that the film had a Pixar Director helming the project. People may not too well be familiar with the John Carter comic character, but they sure as heck know that Pixar is responsible for some of the very best in animated entertainment for the longest while.
I haven't seen the film, but I did preorder it forever ago. Mine has shipped. I ordered the 3D version. As always, I don't own a 3D television,.. I just figured "why not, maybe someday" + I think I ordered it with a coupon that actually made the price cheaper than the regular version's price..

Even Officially itís been acknowledged that it was on the "Promoting the Movie" side, is where they messed up.

Iím watching John Carter now, after I watched all of the Special Features, of which there is a Ton of, and that I like !

#38640 - 06/07/12 12:58 AM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
I think mine came with a 5 to 8 buck coupon, so I got a bonus 3D disk for basically the same price if not slightly cheaper than your $20.
I'm not a huge fan of 3D TVs, but I may someday upgrade or visit a friend that owns such a TV that I may wish to give it a viewing upon. "who knows". The price was certainly reasonable enough, plus I still get the regular 2D BD.

#38684 - 06/07/12 10:40 PM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
I can tell you that just having purchased a 1080P 42" Panasonic plasma a few months ago (non 3d capable) there's no way I'm gonna dump it just to get a 3d capable model-I'll watch 3d, but only at a movie theater.

#38685 - 06/07/12 11:25 PM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
I picked up a 52 or so inch 1080p 240hz quasi-LED LCD television about 2 months prior to the whole 3D option. I was a bit upset to already be outdated, but I'm also sticking with what I've got for probably at least the next decade.

#38769 - 06/10/12 05:04 PM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
Supermutant Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Live Action Casshern movie
Plus pokemon plush, Red Dalek talking plush, Nauiscaa Valley Of The Wind Manga Volume 2.

My favs Sailor Moon, Tenchi, Slayers, FMPanic, Black Lagoon, El Hazard, Lupin III, Dual, Beck, Ah My Goddess, more.

#38787 - 06/11/12 12:36 AM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
I hear there is supposed to be a new version of 3D TV that is like the 3DS, in the fact you don't need glasses to see the 3D.

We have those Daleks & a Tardis at work they are pretty darn fun.

Back when I used to work at Toys R Us (about the time the Godzilla 1998 movie was coming out). We had these large Godzilla toys that roared when you walked by them. I really irritated some guy by constantly walking back & forth by those toys, just cause the roar was cool.

Page 19 of 77 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 76 77 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.