Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 327 of 600 < 1 2 ... 325 326 327 328 329 ... 599 600 >
Topic Options
#48496 - 02/18/13 12:19 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Yugo The Negotiator - This was a rare treat. A really unique title where the entire cast of characters are adults. It feels a lot like Monster, when it comes to the investigations and negotiations. A+

Advertisement
#48503 - 02/19/13 01:37 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
kakashi12210 Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: West Virginia
Finished Sekirei Season 1 and it was an enjoyable show. Getting read to start the second season, I can't wait to see what happens to the main cast.

#48507 - 02/19/13 09:23 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
Watched Berserk in its entirety for the first time along with the Egg Of The King part 1 film. The series was excellent, other than being cut a tad short of an actual ending. The film was fine, though In a lot of ways skipped major plot points & assumed we either already knew the story or that we would just make our own assumptions along the way.

#48508 - 02/19/13 10:33 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: joelgundam01]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
Yugo The Negotiator - This was a rare treat. A really unique title where the entire cast of characters are adults. It feels a lot like Monster, when it comes to the investigations and negotiations. A+

High praise, indeed!

#48509 - 02/19/13 10:43 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Gevin]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
Originally Posted By: Gevin
...along with the Egg Of The King part 1 film.

I haven't read much about the three new movies, other than the main cast members returned for the English dub, but I enjoyed the Berserk series. Skipped plot points aside, how do you compare the first movie to the series? I was planning on waiting for all of them to be released here before buying them, especially after my experience with the slow release pace of the new Evangelion movies.

#48548 - 02/20/13 03:24 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
kakashi12210 Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: West Virginia
Finished Sekirei Pure Engagement and it left me wanting more. I can't wait for the 3rd season.

#48551 - 02/20/13 05:30 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
KyleMills Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Michigan, U.S.
Deadman Wonderland

Not much to say about this one, an overall decent show. To put it bluntly, the ending was BS, Didn't care for it at all, the show overall would have been alot better if they continued it & not stopped. I have no idea why they did, but regardless, This one will be going in the "to sell" pile. A decent dub as well, Eric Vale was the standout for me. Also was able to enjoy Greg Ayres performance as well.

Overall 6 out of 10

#48552 - 02/20/13 06:06 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: KyleMills]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: KyleMills
Deadman Wonderland
Not much to say about this one, an overall decent show. To put it bluntly, the ending was BS, Didn't care for it at all, the show overall would have been alot better if they continued it & not stopped. I have no idea why they did,

Wikipedia lists "An anime adaptation aired between April and July 2011, pulling content from the first 21 chapters of the manga." and the manga being ongoing, listing 52 chapters, so there probably weren't enough manga chapters available by then to make a second season/make it a 2-quarter series...
The pitfalls of making an anime when the manga hasn't ended yet...

#48553 - 02/20/13 06:33 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: SD Maruko-kun]
KyleMills Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Michigan, U.S.
Originally Posted By: SD Maruko-kun
Deadman Wonderland
Not much to say about this one, an overall decent show. To put it bluntly, the ending was BS, Didn't care for it at all, the show overall would have been alot better if they continued it & not stopped. I have no idea why they did,

Wikipedia lists "An anime adaptation aired between April and July 2011, pulling content from the first 21 chapters of the manga." and the manga being ongoing, listing 52 chapters, so there probably weren't enough manga chapters available by then to make a second season/make it a 2-quarter series...

Wow, the anime didn't even cover HALF of the manga? With what you said about the pitfall, Elfen Lied rings a bell, after i seen the ending, i really wanted a continuation.

#48554 - 02/20/13 07:13 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: KyleMills]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: SD Maruko-kun
Deadman Wonderland

Wow, the anime didn't even cover HALF of the manga? With what you said about the pitfall, Elfen Lied rings a bell, after i seen the ending, i really wanted a continuation.

Yah, more Elfen Lied ! laugh

Page 327 of 600 < 1 2 ... 325 326 327 328 329 ... 599 600 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.