Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 325 of 577 < 1 2 ... 323 324 325 326 327 ... 576 577 >
Topic Options
#48357 - 02/14/13 08:21 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: kiku
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue

This was a surprisingly good title and I really enjoyed it. The main protagonist (Maia) has a similar history as Hibiki from Vandred, which made the plot very interesting. The art design was also good. The only thing that's odd with the show is the strange clothing fashion.

Rating: A-
The strange clothing fashion was what drew me to this show. You know me. Ever the sucker for fanservice. It is a great show though.

I didn't say that it was a bad thing (I like fanservice too). However, when I start questioning how the heck is the clothing staying on their bodies? The only word I can think of is "odd". laugh

Advertisement
#48358 - 02/14/13 08:26 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
And let's not forget one very important thing;
Gloria And Yuu Rock!
smirk

#48363 - 02/14/13 09:42 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
EricDent Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Finished Polyphonica (at least what Netflix has since there is a sequel series).
It was a mix of good action, some comedy, and a good story.
Add in cute girls & some kinda cool sounding music & it's a good mix.

I say it's worth at least a rental (if not more).
Even if it's sub-only, it was good.

Up next from Netflix more Ghost Stories or maybe that Hakuji (Moby Dick) one depends on the "wait factor".

In the meantime see the "what are you watching" topic.

#48364 - 02/14/13 11:07 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
So, I decided to put Listen To Me Girls, I Am Your Father! in my DVD player today. I was enchanted beyond description; devastated, inspired, saddened, elated. I finished the entire series in one sitting. A suit of Full Plate +10 couldn't protect your heart from Hina-chan's charm.

#48370 - 02/15/13 12:18 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

So, I decided to put Listen To Me Girls, I Am Your Father! in my DVD player today. I was enchanted beyond description; devastated, inspired, saddened, elated. I finished the entire series in one sitting. A suit of Full Plate +10 couldn't protect your heart from Hina-chan's charm.

Knew you would love Hina.

#48373 - 02/15/13 01:45 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I don't want give away any spoilers... but I had a hard time during parts of the show. cry

#48378 - 02/15/13 07:32 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: joelgundam01]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue

This was a surprisingly good title and I really enjoyed it. The main protagonist (Maia) has a similar history as Hibiki from Vandred, which made the plot very interesting. The art design was also good. The only thing that's odd with the show is the strange clothing fashion.

Rating: A-
The strange clothing fashion was what drew me to this show. You know me. Ever the sucker for fanservice. It is a great show though.

I didn't say that it was a bad thing (I like fanservice too). However, when I start questioning how the heck is the clothing staying on their bodies? The only word I can think of is "odd". laugh

"Molecular Bonding", the same way the communicators stayed on the back of the hand of the Babylon 5 crew

#48382 - 02/15/13 11:21 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: BWBODDY]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
"Molecular Bonding", the same way the communicators stayed on the back of the hand of the Babylon 5 crew

Maybe, but since the show didn't talk about it. It's really up in the air.

#48383 - 02/15/13 11:39 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: joelgundam01]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY

Maybe, but since the show didn't talk about it. It's really up in the air.

frown aaahh.......

#48386 - 02/15/13 11:49 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I always assumed they were sorta like those slap bracelets from the 90's. They just sorta slapped 'em on (youch!).

Page 325 of 577 < 1 2 ... 323 324 325 326 327 ... 576 577 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.