Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 ... 26 27 >
Topic Options
#48307 - 02/13/13 01:59 PM What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
This topic's title speaks for itself. What are you playing? Wanna talk about it? Let's here about it. Is it a grandiose RPG with more skill branches and synergies than you can shake a stick at? Are you hell on wheels in the world's hottest rally? Tell us about it. Maybe you're lost in the most infuriatingly labyrinthine dungeon crawler with no hope of escape... and you couldn't be happier. Maybe the supposed world record was just put to rest in your latest puzzle game; or maybe you've just discovered that you can, in fact, fire one million rounds per second in a space shooter. If your just plain havin' fun playing a video game, this is the topic to talk about in...

...which of course, brings me to the game that I recently started playing. It's a little gem on the Nintendo DS called Monster Tale. I can't remember the last time I had this much fun playing a video game. It's got a feeling reminiscent of Earthbound, yet plays a little like Super Metroid or one of the DS Castlevania titles. If you look and listen real hard, there's a little well played humor to be found. During my last sitting, the dialogue ever so subtly broke the fourth wall. Oh and cuteness, yes cuteness this game has in droves. Ellie is my new favorite character. Imagine if you will, Arumi Asahina from Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi; after undergoing nazi supersoldier moe training (kidding). She's got that super kawaiii sorta white shirt/dress thing going on. She fights with a Band (Mysterious Power Bracelet) and her Satchel among other things. Apparently later on she'll use her fists. Much combat can be relegated to the title's namesake Monster: Chomp. Feeding/raising Chomp is a cute and rewarding experience. Call me old school, but I can have just as much or more fun on a handheld as I can on a moniter.

Advertisement
#48315 - 02/13/13 02:41 PM Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Currently have a three game cycle going on right now.

On my Gamecube
Wind Waker: Working on getting all the little figures in the Nintendo Gallery and returning to this game has reminded me of how much I hate sailing in it. King Of Red Lions is the worst. So hope they improve sailing in the HD version.

On my Xbox360
Switching between DOA5. Which I am mainly just playing online in lobbies with strangers and friends. Going with my main Hitomi and switching between my sub Kokoro and I am really starting to like Eliot. If Eliot had nice tag throws with Hitomi I might be more willing to give him the sub spot, but Kokoro is saved by her tag throws with Hitomi.

Also throwing in Assassin's Creed: Revelations. Mainly doing little side stuff to push for 100% the game. Last night I just finally got Vlad's sword. Don't know what took me so long to go and get it.

#48317 - 02/13/13 02:55 PM Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

The sailing never really got to me in the Wind Waker. It made it all the more rewarding when you finally reached a destination or far off island, especially those deep dungeonswith all the battles. G?? d??? the Master Sword was cool in that game!

#48342 - 02/14/13 04:07 PM Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
I'm currently shuffling between four games on the PS3.

Zen Pinball 2 - I always play this title at least once a week, since I have 28 tables to choose from.

Pinball Arcade - Three new tables recently released (Twilight Zone, Big Shot and Scared Stiff), so I dusted this game off again.

Metal Gear Solid 2 HD - I had this game for the PS2, but it feels like a brand new game with the HD upgrade.

Nights Into Dreams HD - This is one of those games, that I always wanted to buy but never had the chance to until now. I had the Saturn and I had the demo of the game (came with the system), but none of the local stores carried it and online shopping didn't exist back then for me.

#48343 - 02/14/13 04:27 PM Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? [Re: joelgundam01]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I played the original Nights Into Dreams extensively. I loved it. I loved my Saturn for that matter.

#48348 - 02/14/13 04:40 PM Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: kiku
I played the original Nights Into Dreams extensively. I loved it. I loved my Saturn for that matter.

The HD version is light years better. It contains the original Saturn version (looks like crap) and a full reworked HD version (called New Dream). New Dream got a huge face lift that contains so much more detail.

#48351 - 02/14/13 05:00 PM Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? [Re: joelgundam01]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

It was vanguard when it was released.

#48460 - 02/17/13 03:45 PM Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? [Re: kiku]
dark_producer Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Burnsville, MN
Playing Ni No Kuni, so far it's pretty good

#48592 - 02/20/13 07:19 PM Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I just defeated the final boss: Priscilla, in Monster Tale. She was surprisingly easy. I only died once. She was quite possibly the easiest boss in the game. All of the others brought about my demise several times before I could finally defeat them. There were several sub-boss (gang-fight) scenarios that tested my skills (and patience) as well.

#48603 - 02/20/13 07:49 PM Re: What Video Game Are You Currently Playing? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Monster Tale had quite an impressive lineup of voice actors:

Brina Palencia
Cynthia Cranz
Leah Clark
Monical Rial
Tia Ballard
Todd Haberkorn

BTW; whilst investigating, I found this website: Behind The Voice Actors (pretty cool).

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 ... 26 27 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.