?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#47984 - 02/06/13 10:26 AM Re: Daily Deals lol [Re: PetrifiedJello]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: PetrifiedJello
I'd rather forgo the extra 10% to help out TRSI, so it's a win-win.

Not necessarily! If you buy the Got Anime membership, it's an instant $12 for TRSI. Instant cash can help the bottom line far more than a little here and there from purchases. For example, Shawne says that the Summer is the slowest time of the year for them. Renewing the GA membership at that time can is a life saver for them, when it comes to their bottom line for that quarter.

Advertisement
#47996 - 02/06/13 12:29 PM Re: Daily Deals lol [Re: kiku]
CheechMonger Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Florida
The Daily Deals also periodically contain items from companies that have rare (or no) studio sales. I've picked up some of Discotek titles this way, among others.

#48001 - 02/06/13 01:30 PM Re: Daily Deals lol [Re: CheechMonger]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: CheechMonger
The Daily Deals also periodically contain items from companies that have rare (or no) studio sales. I've picked up some of Discotek titles this way, among others.

Indeed! I've taken advantage of a few Media Blasters titles that were in the Daily Deals.

#48010 - 02/06/13 05:08 PM Re: Daily Deals lol [Re: kiku]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: kiku
Furthermore, the membership does more than give an extra 10% off most titles. It also gives you access to the current exclusive "Get Stuf'd" coupons, two uses of which will usually pay for the membership renewel.

Unfortunately even more is excluded from coupon codes than from the discount.
My orders are usually $120-180 in size, but because I mostly buy pre-orders or recent releases, something like 80% is excluded from coupon codes, so I have maybe 1 in 4 times enough non-excluded items to apply a coupon. frown

#48022 - 02/06/13 06:57 PM Re: Daily Deals lol [Re: SD Maruko-kun]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Although... on the occasions where an item is NOT excluded, you can stack up for major discount.

#48025 - 02/06/13 07:43 PM Re: Daily Deals lol [Re: SD Maruko-kun]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: SD Maruko-kun
Unfortunately even more is excluded from coupon codes than from the discount. My orders are usually $120-180 in size, but because I mostly buy pre-orders or recent releases, something like 80% is excluded from coupon codes, so I have maybe 1 in 4 times enough non-excluded items to apply a coupon. frown

I personally use the GA coupons on my manga orders. All of the manga (including preorders) is at their everyday 25% off discount and that means they are eligible for coupons and GA discount.

#48033 - 02/07/13 06:07 AM Re: Daily Deals lol [Re: joelgundam01]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
I personally use the GA coupons on my manga orders. All of the manga (including preorders) is at their everyday 25% off discount and that means they are eligible for coupons and GA discount.

Unfortunately not very financially feasable for me personally: first item shipping cost of $13.50 and $3.50 for each further item (6 manga would be $31 shipping) make Rightstuf not very attractive for me for cheap items such as manga. frown (compare to, for me, EUR 5 flat shipping or free "pick up at Dutch convention" and no customs fees from Archonia in Belgium or free shipping and near zero chance of customs fees from bookdepository (though their free shipping doesn't always seem to be very reliable shipping...) .

The more expensive, limited run "Gundam - Origin vol. 1" manga did push my most recent Rightstuf order into "can use GA coupon" teritory. (didn't have confidence Archonia would still have that limited run title in stock when I place a bulk manga order there in may...)
I'm a computer geek hand-optimizing my orders at various stores to trim away as much shipping costs, customs fees etc. as I can. wink

#48047 - 02/07/13 01:23 PM Re: Daily Deals lol [Re: SD Maruko-kun]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: SD Maruko-kun
Unfortunately not very financially feasable for me personally: first item shipping cost of $13.50 and $3.50 for each further item (6 manga would be $31 shipping) make Rightstuf not very attractive for me for cheap items such as manga. frown (compare to, for me, EUR 5 flat shipping or free "pick up at Dutch convention" and no customs fees from Archonia in Belgium or free shipping and near zero chance of customs fees from bookdepository (though their free shipping doesn't always seem to be very reliable shipping...) .

Ah yes! I keep on forgetting that you don't live in the US. For me, it's much more feasible to buy smaller items and take advantage of the GA benefits.

#48223 - 02/12/13 11:21 AM Re: Daily Deals lol [Re: joelgundam01]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
Ah yes! I keep on forgetting that you don't live in the US. For me, it's much more feasible to buy smaller items and take advantage of the GA benefits.

Shipping costs, customs costs etc. have really fractured my buying...
- anime: Rightstuf (whenever there's a batch of $120-160 orderable on my wishlist), with a bit of Amazon UK now and then and very Rarely a NL DVD from Archonia
- manga: Archonia (3 times a year pichup@convertion, whatever was released of my ongoing series between Dutch conventions [1]), with a bit of Rightstuf or Bookdepository now and then
- merchandise: HLJ, with a bit of Amiami or eBay now and then
Very little overlap there.

[1] and the last few times being in despair at the lack of any new SZS manga being included in the batch... ;-(

PS: thanks for the tip about existing pre-orders and manufacturer sales.

More on topic: 1 or 2 more announced titles moving to pre-orderable and then I can go skimming through the daily deals and weekly specials for something to pad a May/June order...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.