Page 452 of 671 < 1 2 ... 450 451 452 453 454 ... 670 671 >
Topic Options
#48121 - 02/09/13 12:18 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
formerroadie Online
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Loc: Texas... in other words, Hell
Just got
A Certain Magical Index 1 and 2
Toward the Terra 1, 2, and 3 (the sets. Entire series)
Black Lagoon Season 1 and 2 (new release)

Advertisement
#48147 - 02/10/13 03:00 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: formerroadie]
CheechMonger Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Florida
I wasn't going to buy anything from the TRSI Funimation sale except for the two pre-orders that I had made (Casshern Sins and Corpse Princess S.A.V.E. Editions). But I noticed that the sale prices still hadn't flipped back to their regular prices and temptation got the better of me, so I got:

One Piece DVD Collection 6,7,8
Samurai 7 DVD Complete Series
Soul Eater DVD Complete Series

I caught part of the last episode of Samurai 7 on Adult Swim last night and the trailer for Soul Eater (starting next Saturday night) so I grabbed both of those, along with the One Piece collections I need to start getting caught up. I'll wait until the next Funimation sale to pick up the season four collections.

#48155 - 02/10/13 10:28 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: CheechMonger]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Samurai 7 is pure win.

#48164 - 02/10/13 11:32 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
KyleMills Online
UPSF Commander

Loc: Michigan, U.S.
Got back from my first convention today & my copy of Toriko part 2 was here waiting for me! I also have part 3 on preorder!

#48201 - 02/12/13 02:30 AM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
ChaosBlade666 Offline

Helling Ultimate OVA Vol.1-4
thinkn bout buying 5-8 and the classic complete collection as well :P lol and that Noein box set on sale is very tempting D:

#48206 - 02/12/13 03:34 AM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: ChaosBlade666]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: ChaosBlade666
...and that Noein box set on sale is very tempting D:
Here's the NOEIN REVIEW at THEM Anime Reviews. I've been teetering on the fence with Noein for some time now too. It's got a couple of things that are pushing toward going for it. It features "multiverse" concepts similar to those in one of my favorite shows: Fringe. It also features what the review refers to as a second banana romance which is something I dig in anime too (the reviewer digs 'em). It also features the reformed enemy character archteype (character that wanted to kill a protagonist, but is now an allly), which has always been one of my faves in anime.

...oh, and a young girl hero; pure win.

#48207 - 02/12/13 03:58 AM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
KyleMills Online
UPSF Commander

Loc: Michigan, U.S.
Originally Posted By: kiku
Here's the NOEIN REVIEW at THEM Anime Reviews. I've been teetering on the fence with Noein for some time now too. It's got a couple of things that are pushing toward going for it. It features "multiverse" concepts similar to those in one of my favorite shows: Fringe. It also features what the review refers to as a second banana romance which is something I dig in anime too (the reviewer digs 'em). It also features the reformed enemy character archteype (character that wanted to kill a protagonist, but is now an allly), which has always been one of my faves in anime.

I personally loved Noein, it's definitely worth the price, but i did have a major problem with it, Noein had such an awesome complex plot that draws you in, but in a 24 episode show, where you can use as much material as possibel, a half dozen of the episodes should NOT be filler episodes/recap episodes.

A few positives of the show, amazing fight scenes, the plot is very unique & is very easy to find yourself enthralled, a nice soundtrack, & the voice acting is top notch(the main character's are voiced by Crispin Freeman, Melissa Fahn, & Yuri Lowenthal.)

There is a romance in the show, but it is a background plot through the show which i liked, as for the reformed enemy archtype, actually there's a few of them!

I'd say personally, go for it!

Edited by KyleMills (02/12/13 03:59 AM)

#48209 - 02/12/13 04:22 AM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
ChaosBlade666 Offline

Well I just purchased off of rightstuf/amazon

Mezzo DSA
Kite/Mezzo double uncut
Kite Liberator Special Edition
Noein box set
Bludgeoning Dekuro-chan?(spellcheck)
Hellsing Classic
My Bride Is a Mermaid Part1+2

So yeah *ah shit, my wallets empty* =D fun times

Edited by ChaosBlade666 (02/12/13 04:22 AM)

#48215 - 02/12/13 07:43 AM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: kiku

I've bought NOEIN twice and TRIED to watch it, I just wasn't able to get into it nether time.
*but that's just me*

#48221 - 02/12/13 10:52 AM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: BWBODDY]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
I've bought NOEIN twice and TRIED to watch it, I just wasn't able to get into it nether time.
*but that's just me*

Ditto, except I didn't buy it. I saw some of it at a con, and later again on TV. It didn't seem bad, I just couldn't get into it.

Page 452 of 671 < 1 2 ... 450 451 452 453 454 ... 670 671 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.