Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#48057 - 02/07/13 08:02 PM Eva 3 & Black Lagoon 3
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
It's been a while since I've read up on anime news, so I'm taking the lazy route and asking you guys... thanks in advance.

1. Where's the Evangelion 3.0 BD? Has a release date been set for N.A.?

2. Where's the Roberta's Blood Trail (Black Lagoon) BD? Same second question as above.

3. A rather large birdy told me that the BD re-release of Black Lagoon has omake content. Is it amusing enough to justify the double-dip?

Last month, I finally watched some anime after a long break (actually, I just re-watched some of my favorites... Bebop, etc.). After revisiting Black Lagoon, I can't imagine why this series isn't already ten seasons long. It's so much fun, and there's so much that could be done in that universe. The character development is just getting started by the time it ends.

I'll clean up the text later. I'm on my PS3, not a real computer.

Advertisement
#48058 - 02/07/13 08:05 PM Re: Eva 3 & Black Lagoon 3 [Re: Stefanie]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: Stefanie

I'll take this one as it is the only one I know.

It just came out in Japan in Nov 2012. No way we getting it till 2014 if we are lucky.

#48059 - 02/07/13 08:16 PM Re: Eva 3 & Black Lagoon 3 [Re: Stefanie]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
1.) Funimation hasn't even announced that they licensed the 3rd Eva movie. You're looking at early 2014 at the earliest.

2.) No clue! Spring or Summer is a safe bet though.

3.) Don't know!

#48061 - 02/07/13 08:41 PM Re: Eva 3 & Black Lagoon 3 [Re: Stefanie]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
It's been a while since I've read up on anime news, so I'm taking the lazy route and asking you guys... thanks in advance.

2. Where's the Roberta's Blood Trail (Black Lagoon) BD? Same second question as above.

3. A rather large birdy told me that the BD re-release of Black Lagoon has omake content. Is it amusing enough to justify the double-dip?

Last month, I finally watched some anime after a long break (actually, I just re-watched some of my favorites... Bebop, etc.). After revisiting Black Lagoon, I can't imagine why this series isn't already ten seasons long. It's so much fun, and there's so much that could be done in that universe. The character development is just getting started by the time it ends.

I have the bluray release of Black Lagoon and there's no omake. And the p q on bluray makes it well worth rebuying.

#48065 - 02/08/13 03:15 AM Re: Eva 3 & Black Lagoon 3 [Re: Cheap One]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Cheap One

I'll take this one as it is the only one I know.
It just came out in Japan in Nov 2012. No way we getting it till 2014 if we are lucky.

And that's just the Japanese theatrical release. I can't even find an announced Japanese Blu-Ray/DVD release date for it yet...

Evangelion movie 3:
- theatrical release date: 2012-11-17
- probably +6 months for Japanese Blu-Ray/DVD release
- probably +more than a year delay to prevent Blu-Ray reverse-importation

ANN listed dates for Evangelion movie 2:
2009-06-27 (Japan theatrical release)
2011-03-29 (USA BD Boxset: Evangelion: 2.22 You Can [Not] Advance)
2011-03-29 (USA DVD Boxset: Evangelion: 2.22 You Can [Not] Advance)
About 1 year and 9 months between them.
If the same will be true for movie 3, you get about 2012-11-17 + 1 year + 9 months ~= August 2014 before Funimation releases it in the USA.
(weird, wikipedia lists 2010-05-26 as 2.22's Japanse Blu-Ray/DVD release date, which is quite long after the theatrical- and quite short before the USA release...)

After revisiting Black Lagoon, I can't imagine why this series isn't already ten seasons long. It's so much fun, and there's so much that could be done in that universe.

Wikipedia explains it quite clearly: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Black_Lagoon_chapters
The manga is only upto volume 9 and seems to be released at a snail's pace in Japan.
(compare to for ex. FMA being 27 volumes on completion)
Not enough unused source manga to work off -> no more new anime. (well, they could of course do a whole "anime original" series, but why risk pissing off your existing fanbase?..)

#48068 - 02/08/13 09:18 AM Re: Eva 3 & Black Lagoon 3 [Re: SD Maruko-kun]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: zrdb
I have the bluray release of Black Lagoon and there's no omake.

Hmm... that's sad. Maybe the Japanese release has the omake.

Originally Posted By: SD Maruko-kun
Evangelion movie 3:
- theatrical release date: 2012-11-17
- probably +6 months for Japanese Blu-Ray/DVD release
- probably +more than a year delay to prevent Blu-Ray reverse-importation

Typical, and again, sad. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: SD Maruko-kun
Wikipedia explains it quite clearly: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Black_Lagoon_chapters
The manga is only up to volume 9 and seems to be released at a snail's pace in Japan.
(compare to for ex. FMA being 27 volumes on completion)
Not enough unused source manga to work off -> no more new anime. (well, they could of course do a whole "anime original" series, but why risk pissing off your existing fanbase?..)

Yes, I had already glanced at the Wikipedia article before starting the topic, but it didn't address the lack of ambition (in my perception) on the part of Rei Hiroe/Madhouse. Maybe they (and/or Japanese viewers) don't think it's as good as I do, or they have other projects that they consider more worthy of their time. Given the glut of sub-par anime I've seen in recent years, I'd think they'd be anxious to exploit the few exceptional titles. Or, I perhaps I'm just becoming jaded as I age.

I know that others prefer manga and anime series to mirror each other to a degree, but that's not a concern for me, especially given the episodic nature of Black Lagoon. In fact, having the manga and anime cover different territory would seem to offer more incentive for fans to explore both. Of course, I always have to remind myself that I'm thinking from an American perspective.

#48070 - 02/08/13 11:57 AM Re: Eva 3 & Black Lagoon 3 [Re: Stefanie]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.

shocked OMG!!!!!!!
WAIT A MINUTE...... WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN STEFANIE ?????

And Welcome Back, and how the heck are you ?? smile
I know that kiku and I have both missed you cry
( it's been almost a year )

Well... Hellooooo Stefanie... It's so nice to see you back where you belong........ grin

#48074 - 02/08/13 02:43 PM Re: Eva 3 & Black Lagoon 3 [Re: Stefanie]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Yes, I had already glanced at the Wikipedia article before starting the topic, but it didn't address the lack of ambition (in my perception) on the part of Rei Hiroe/Madhouse. Maybe they (and/or Japanese viewers) don't think it's as good as I do, or they have other projects that they consider more worthy of their time. Given the glut of sub-par anime I've seen in recent years, I'd think they'd be anxious to exploit the few exceptional titles. Or, I perhaps I'm just becoming jaded as I age.

A few facts about Black Lagoon.

1.) Black Lagoon is a pretty popular title in Japan. The manga gets really strong sales.
2.) Rei Hiroe has been really overworked with three separate projects at the same time. It was effecting his health.
3.) He decided to put Black Lagoon on hold, because the other 2 projects could be wrapped up in a couple of years compared to Black Lagoon. Black Lagoon isn't anywhere close to being finished, but it was at a good stopping point.
4.) Rei Hiroe owns the rights to Black Lagoon and he doesn't want the anime to stray off course.
5.) It was recently announced that Black Lagoon manga will be taken off hiatus later this month.

#48075 - 02/08/13 02:45 PM Re: Eva 3 & Black Lagoon 3 [Re: BWBODDY]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
shocked OMG!!!!!!!
WAIT A MINUTE...... WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN STEFANIE ?????

And Welcome Back, and how the heck are you ?? smile
I know that kiku and I have both missed you cry

She took a hiatus on anime and has been focusing on her gaming hobby.

I've seen her regularly on the PSN (almost daily) for the past year. smile

#48080 - 02/08/13 05:11 PM Re: Eva 3 & Black Lagoon 3 [Re: joelgundam01]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Yes, Dark Souls occupied a lot of my screen time. wink Also, I got a little frustrated with recent trends in anime not delivering what I wanted, so I focused on watching some backlog titles for a while, then I gave it a rest altogether and focused on other hobbies. I'm still disappointed that so little has changed in the past year, but I'm glad to see that Nozomi has picked up some classic titles (even if they are still subbed DVDs for the most part).

Thanks for the info on Rei Hiroe. I just hope he doesn't wait so long that the interest in Black Lagoon dies on the vine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.