Start Shopping! Cart
Topic Options
#48027 - 02/07/13 12:20 AM SO EXCITED!
ChaosBlade666 Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

AOA ANNOUNCED FATE/ZERO DUBBED WHAT?!?!?!?! im sorry i had to make my own thread for this this fucking ROCKS..

Advertisement
#48034 - 02/07/13 06:18 AM Re: SO EXCITED! [Re: ChaosBlade666]
Animejr Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Great news i have heard so many great things about the series

#48039 - 02/07/13 08:35 AM Re: SO EXCITED! [Re: ChaosBlade666]
Manhiem Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Idaho
Is Aniplex dubbing it, or is Viz dubbing it? I heard that Fate/Zero was going to be on Neon Alley, which says to me that Viz might be the company doing the dubbing. And as far as a dubbed version ever being released on physical media? Not if Aniplex thinks they might still be able to sell sub-only imports from Japan for $800.

After all, Blue Exorcist and Lagrange are streaming on Neon Alley with English dubs. Has anyone heard of release dates for dubbed versions of those?

Still, it seems like a hopeful sign.

Edited by Manhiem (02/07/13 09:12 AM)

#48043 - 02/07/13 01:12 PM Re: SO EXCITED! [Re: Manhiem]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: Manhiem
Is Aniplex dubbing it, or is Viz dubbing it? I heard that Fate/Zero was going to be on Neon Alley, which says to me that Viz might be the company doing the dubbing. And as far as a dubbed version ever being released on physical media? Not if Aniplex thinks they might still be able to sell sub-only imports from Japan for $800.

Aniplex USA is dubbing it so they can get it on Neon Alley. Viz doesn't dub other licensor's anime. However, Viz's policy for Neon Alley is that the title must be dubbed for it to air on that channel/network/stream (whatever you want to call it).

It is very likely that Fate/Zero will get a cheaper DVD release with the dub. When I say cheap, I mean much less than the current $800 Blu-ray release, but more expensive than your average Funimation/Sentai series.

Quote:
After all, Blue Exorcist and Lagrange are streaming on Neon Alley with English dubs. Has anyone heard of release dates for dubbed versions of those?

For Blue Exorcist, that's up to Aniplex USA to decide. For Lagrange, it will happen eventually. Viz's new policy is to release out the video after it's been on Neon Alley for awhile. It's a good strategy IMO. Neon Alley gives the title some much needed exposer and they can bank on that exposer with the video release.

#48051 - 02/07/13 03:24 PM Re: SO EXCITED! [Re: ChaosBlade666]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Hmmm I saw this news on ANN yesterday.
My thoughts on this are they'll probably release a dub only blu-ray and maybe a hybrid DVD release.
I hope it's like that.
I'd get the DVD, cause I'm cheap, and I'd rather have the subs over better ( but dub only) visuals.

(I'm NOT a sub snob, I can't hear well, so I kinda NEED the subtitles to follow the story.)

#48054 - 02/07/13 07:52 PM Re: SO EXCITED! [Re: ChaosBlade666]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
It's good news-but Aniplex being Aniplex it'll probally be so damn expensive nobody will be able to afford it.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#48066 - 02/08/13 03:33 AM Re: SO EXCITED! [Re: ChaosBlade666]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Netherlands
The good news for me is that if there's a real USA release by AoA, it's also more likely to get a UK release. And if, like with Madoka Magica, the UK release is 60-70% cheaper than the AoA release, it should be affordable... smile

#48085 - 02/08/13 10:06 PM Re: SO EXCITED! [Re: SD Maruko-kun]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Originally Posted By: SD Maruko-kun
The good news for me is that if there's a real USA release by AoA, it's also more likely to get a UK release. And if, like with Madoka Magica, the UK release is 60-70% cheaper than the AoA release, it should be affordable... smile

No s**t-that's exactly what I did for Madoka-even though I live in the us no way was I gonna pay Aniplex's super high prices for it.

My Anime Bluray Collection

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.