Start Shopping! Cart
Page 450 of 795 < 1 2 ... 448 449 450 451 452 ... 794 795 >
Topic Options
#47826 - 02/02/13 05:16 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: BWBODDY]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
Even RightStuf has sold me Anime that was listed as Dubbed, but wasnít ( that is true )

That's true, but it happens far less often compared to Amazon. About half of their anime titles have inaccurate product details.

Edited by joelgundam01 (02/02/13 09:24 PM)

Advertisement
#47827 - 02/02/13 05:40 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: joelgundam01]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
Even RightStuf has sold me Anime that was listed as Dubbed, but wasnít ( that is true )

That's true, but it happens far less often compared to Amazon. About half of the anime titles have inaccurate product details.

Oh no doubt about that, no doubt about that at all grin

#47835 - 02/02/13 10:55 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
While I prefer dubbed only I'm not above getting subbed only if it's something I really like such as Usagi Drop, Ground Control To Psychoelectric Girl. Ano Hana or Ghastly Prince Enma Burning Up.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#47840 - 02/03/13 05:35 AM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: kakashi12210]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
Always use Right Stuf for your source of information. Amazon's details section is a joke, because anyone can fill out a corrections form and make stuff up.

Yep, from time to time I even run into "region 0" pirate releases on Amazon.
They really should have a script that triggers a human check anytime someone tries to add a "region 0" entry...
If Rightstuf doesn't list a DVD, http://www.animenewsnetwork.com -> encyclopedia -> anime -> [first letter] -> [title] -> "DVD (region 1)" might help.
In the case of Tristia DVD: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/releases.php?id=3223
"Japanese with English Subtitles (No Dub)"

Originally Posted By: kakashi12210
My Got Anime membership paid for itself almost 5 times over this order. I saved $56. I glad they have a membership program laugh

Lucky you.
My orders consist of 90+% pre-orders and that results in GotAnime discount + coupons not applying to any of my Funimation/Sentai(/Nozomi) pre-order items in my order unless there's a sale on those and unfortunately optimizing my orders for lowest shipping costs + customs fees (both more impactful than GotAnime) doesn't often let me plan my orders during a sale... I personally end up with less than 5% off with GotAnime discount + coupons an probably need 2-3 5-6 item orders just to make the GotAnime membership back. I'm not sure I'll renew my GotAnime membership in october; I guess it depends on how many non-excluded DVD announcements (such as from Discotek) will be on my winter 2013/spring and summer 2014 "to get" list by then... frown
Does anybody know at which point in time GotAnime applies? (place an order containing a december pre-order in september, then GotAnime expires in october: does Got Anime apply to the order (time of order placement) or not (time of order shipment)?
</rant>

#47847 - 02/03/13 12:34 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: SD Maruko-kun]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: SD Maruko-kun
Does anybody know at which point in time GotAnime applies? (place an order containing a december pre-order in september, then GotAnime expires in october: does Got Anime apply to the order (time of order placement) or not (time of order shipment)?

The former! It's always applied to the order when it's placed.

As for your Funimation pre-orders. If you have any in your current open orders, then contact CS. They can adjust the prices to those items. In this case, lift the GA restriction and apply the GA to those items.

#47854 - 02/03/13 01:13 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
So called "pirate" anime-more commonly known as hkdvds-at one time 60% of my collection was composed of them.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#47857 - 02/03/13 02:01 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Region 0 anime is pirated anime. The Japanese companies have no say in those products so by default it is pirated. Just because you pay for it doesn't mean it isn't pirated.

#47858 - 02/03/13 02:35 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: Cheap One
Region 0 anime is pirated anime. The Japanese companies have no say in those products so by default it is pirated. Just because you pay for it doesn't mean it isn't pirated.

Really??? Ö If itís Region 0 itís Pirated !!!
I think the only Region 0 I have at this time is Tenjho Tenge

#47862 - 02/03/13 03:04 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Well that isn't 100%, I would say 99.9% true though. Region 0 is very hard to stop reverse importing on and we already have seen the problems that causes with the US sharing the Japanese Blu-ray region. It is just something that would be hard to get the Japanese to go along with. So you pretty much only see it with pirated stuff.

#47863 - 02/03/13 03:33 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: Cheap One
Well that isn't 100%, I would say 99.9% true though.

I would say 99%. Some of the older CPM titles (made in 1999) were in Region 0. This was because the DVD format was really new at the time and not every encoder understand the region coding system yet.

Page 450 of 795 < 1 2 ... 448 449 450 451 452 ... 794 795 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.