?
Page 97 of 307 < 1 2 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 306 307 >
Topic Options
#47678 - 01/30/13 11:39 AM Re: Anime News [Re: ChaosBlade666]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: ChaosBlade666
theyd get so much more sales if they werent such douches when it came to pricing DX

More sales doesn't always equal more profit. Businesses are in for the profit, they don't give two [deleted] on the sales numbers as long as they are making money.

I know you don't like it and I don't either for the most part, but if it works for Aniplex then I'm not going to complain. I'm a collector and sometimes there is value in buying those really expensive LE box sets. It just depends on the title. If they acquired an older Gundam series like ZZ, Turn-A, V or X, gave it a proper dub and then released a limited edition Blu-ray set for $250. I'll probably be first in line, because I'm a big Gundam fan and an expensive price tag is less of a bitter pill to swallow, when it is on something you really like.

Edited by joelgundam01 (01/31/13 12:01 PM)

Advertisement
#47697 - 01/30/13 10:49 PM Re: Anime News [Re: joelgundam01]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I think you nailed it on the head there joelgundam01. It could be be that Aniplex's business strategy is aiming for a very select target demographic with each release. So far, as far as their pricey imports are concerned; they can take a long walk off a short pier. On the other hand, I could see myself breaking down and getting something; if it was something I just had to have.

#47707 - 01/31/13 05:18 AM Re: Anime News [Re: Manhiem]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Manhiem
Aniplex of America has a business model that emphasizes keeping prices high and print runs small. I would guess that if they ever decide to release Fate/Zero in a lower priced version, it won't be for several years.

Yep, Japanese company doing an American release using standard Japanese "target only the otaku" business model, just like Bandai Visual/Honneamise before them.
For such titles, I look for a DVD-only UK or Australian release.
(Madoka is 60% cheaper that way, R.O.D. TV listed at UKpounds 25 from the UK licensor and I just decided to order Durarara!! UK version at 50% cheaper than the US price, since stock on Beez (Bandai Europe) titles is probably dwindling rapidly with Bandai getting out of both USA and Europe...)

AFAIK for quite a sizable portion of Japanese anime companies the hardcore otaku are nearly their only target: they produce anime that they know will sell to that small subset of people, run it on late TV as advertisement for the upcoming Blu-Ray/DVD release and know that that small hardcore group is willing to pay something like $60+ per 2-3 episodes, while almost nobody else is, so they don't need to produce more Blu-Rays/DVDs than there are people in that small hardcore group.
I guess when they end up doing a US release they keep that same mindset and anybody not willing to pay Japanese prices in their opinion just isn't their target audience.
I guess it's the Japanese variant of playing it safe: they see something like a guaranteed 1000 * $60 as better than an unsure chance at 5000 * $20 ...
(something else on production runs: I think I read somewhere that for most figures they need to sell 95% of the production run before they even hit the break even point; so I guess making big bucks off a series merchandise isn't always easy to do either...)
</ramble>

#47771 - 02/01/13 01:57 PM Re: Anime News [Re: stargates]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Discotek license rescues "Tenjho Tenge".

http://www.fandompost.com/2013/02/01/discotek-media-adds-tenjho-tenge-anime-license/

In other news, Discotek also license rescued "Blue Sub 6" and it's getting a Blu-ray release.

http://www.fandompost.com/2013/02/01/discotek-media-adds-blue-submarine-no-6-anime-for-dvd-blu-ray/

#47773 - 02/01/13 02:22 PM Re: Anime News [Re: joelgundam01]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01

Great, now I can get a R1 release of it....
Iíve got an English Dub version of it, but everything on it except
TENJHO TENGE The Perfect Collection
Is in Japanese ( or something )

#47792 - 02/01/13 11:34 PM Re: Anime News [Re: joelgundam01]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Tenjho Tenge fans rejoice! Scalpers... eat my shorts! Woo hoo! Fighting, fanservice; and funk... and legwarmers? This calls for a direct OP link: Bomb A Head crank it up! Maya Natsume, here I come! Tiny miko samurai hotty a??kicker... busty miko samurai hotty a??kickker; decisions, decisions.

#47807 - 02/02/13 08:25 AM Re: Anime News [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: kiku
Tenjho Tenge fans rejoice! Scalpers... eat my shorts! Woo hoo! Fighting, fanservice; and funk... and legwarmers? This calls for a direct OP link: Bomb A Head crank it up! Maya Natsume, here I come! Tiny miko samurai hotty a??kicker... busty miko samurai hotty a??kickker; decisions, decisions.

The Tenjho Tenge Opening is one I watch when I watch the Anime, it's hard to pass up on it.

#47812 - 02/02/13 12:15 PM Re: Anime News [Re: stargates]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
There have ben a few things on my "Damn, I didn't buy this and now that I want it it's no longer available and I'm gonna kick myself in the ass" list over the years.

#48135 - 02/10/13 07:10 AM Re: Anime News [Re: stargates]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Netherlands
Lovely Complex release date announced: 2013-07-09 (1 complete series set)
http://www.discotekmedia.com/blog/
And in a facebook comment they mentioned to also be currently working on Tekkaman Blade II, so I wouldn't be surprised it that also gets a summer release...

#48139 - 02/10/13 09:43 AM Re: Anime News [Re: stargates]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
I heard good thing about Lovely Complex so I might pick that one up.
I've got the Tekkaman Blade series (in backlog) so Blade 2 is a must buy for me.

Page 97 of 307 < 1 2 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 306 307 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.