Start Shopping! Cart
Page 11 of 14 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#47194 - 01/17/13 12:54 AM Re: What's your favorite RPG game? [Re: dinkygreg]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

No OOT? No MM? No MC? No TP? No SS?

I'm starting to question your Zelda fan-ness. The only big game you haven't said you haven't played yet is LTTP.

Edit: If you really want to play TP. I highly recommand the GameCube version. It plays better and doesn't glitch like the Wii version will sometimes.

Edited by Cheap One (01/17/13 12:55 AM)

Advertisement
#47212 - 01/17/13 01:09 PM Re: What's your favorite RPG game? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I never had any problems with the Wii version. Man do I love that game. The howling in tune with the wolf on the peak and the battles with the lone skeleton warrior in the frozen tundra, pure awesone. I wonder if the Hyrule Historia that RightStuf is offering is col?

#47213 - 01/17/13 01:14 PM Re: What's your favorite RPG game? [Re: dinkygreg]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Last Story continues to be a delicious stew of intrigue, moral questioning, RPG, and action, with a light seasoning of FPS. It is somewhat linear, but only to the point that you crave the times when roaming is possible; which is often enough.

#47263 - 01/18/13 11:57 AM Re: What's your favorite RPG game? [Re: dinkygreg]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

The intrigue found in Last Story is really coming to a close. I got my a?? handed to me late in the epic battle with the game's final boss(es). Like any Final Fantasy game worth it's salt, I didn't conquer the ending on my first try. I'm kind of excited, even the final boss(es) are yielding weapon drops. I just got a knife (for casters) called Witchcraft and a sword(?) (for warriors) called Nightmare. BA.

#47543 - 01/26/13 01:58 AM Re: What's your favorite RPG game? [Re: kiku]
soup or man Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: Bostic, NC
Favorite RPG of all-time? Probably Ys I & II. Others include Final Fantasy VII, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, Parasite Eve, Panzer Dragoon Saga and Phantasy Star Online.

I dunno, there are many more. RPG's are my favorite genre so it's hard to name 'em all.

#47556 - 01/26/13 01:37 PM Re: What's your favorite RPG game? [Re: soup or man]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: soup or man
Favorite RPG of all-time? Probably Ys I & II. Others include Final Fantasy VII, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, Parasite Eve, Panzer Dragoon Saga and Phantasy Star Online.

I dunno, there are many more. RPG's are my favorite genre so it's hard to name 'em all.
Wow, I'm on the same page. I've loved Wanderers From Ys (which I no longer have a copy of for my Super Nintendo), Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (Super Nintendo), FF The 4 Heroes Of Light (DS), FF 3 (DS), FF 4 (GB Advance & DS), FF 5 & 6 (GB Advance), FF 7 & 9 (PS 1), Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii), Chrono Trigger (DS), Parasite Eve (PS 1), Panzer Dragoon 1(I wish I still had my Saturn), Phantasy Star II & III (Gameboy Advance).

I've got Final Fantasy 8 and Parasite Eve 2 for my PS 1, but I could never really get into them. Parasite Eve is an amazing game. I've beat it more times than I can count on my hands and toes. I originally had Phantasy Star II for the Genesis and it turned me on to RPG video games. I never could beat the final boss though. I remember he was so big and nasty that he covered up his own stats at the top of the screen... brutal. That reminds me, I should really check out Phantasy Star III on my GB Advance. I lent out the original from the Genesis back in the day, before I had played it; and never got it back. Apparently it's epic. I searched long and hard, and after keeping my eyes peeled for more than a few years; I finally got my hands on a copy of the Phantasy Star Collection for the GB Advance. I got it for a goog price too. It's a direct port of the original three Phantasy Star titles. The GB Advance was legendary for ports. Ofttimes they were slightly improved over the originals too. Ya know, shinier, prettier, a couple o' extra dungeons, added map features; but rare was the occasion that anything was taken away or changed in a way that affected the original flavor of the games. Yep; it might be time to go retro, bust out Phantasy Star III my GameBoy Player on my GameCube; and enjoy it on the TV.

Now that I think about it, I've got the original Final Fantasy for the NES sitting around here somewhere; not to mention a GB Advance port with both 1 & 2 on it.

#47673 - 01/29/13 11:56 PM Re: What's your favorite RPG game? [Re: kiku]
sevi Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Pennsylvania
I play way too many RPGs to narrow it down to 1. I'd have to say the one that stands out most would be Thousand Arms. Not because it's my favorite but because I ended up liking it way more than I thought I would. It was a PS1 game that was part RPG part dating sim with neither part feeling tacked on, so to speak. All the elements were necessary for game play and blended well.

#47921 - 02/05/13 07:42 AM Re: What's your favorite RPG game? [Re: stargates]
PetrifiedJello Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Indiana
Originally Posted By: stargates
Well, since i've started playing Skyrim, i have to say that so far it's one of the most enjoyable.

Skyrim lead me to Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas and the latter is, without doubt, my favorite RPG on the 360. There are very few RPGs whose ending is literally dictated by a player's actions, and F:NV certainly makes re-playability possible and still remain enjoyable.

Also, Vault 32 is one of the best vaults I ever had the pleasure of cleaning out. Spooky.

#48113 - 02/09/13 11:56 AM Re: What's your favorite RPG game? [Re: dinkygreg]
ninjachad Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

I haven't played many RPGs, but it'd probably be Tales of the Abyss. It's special to me, as it was the first game in a while at the time, that had me so intensely engrossed in the story of a game.

I'm currently in the middle of playing Tales of Graces F now. For some reason or another, a few days ago I was itching to play an RPG, and I never got far in ToGF when I got it originally. So, I started playing it again, and loving it! smile

I'm also considering getting Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, and replaying Kingdom Hearts (never finished it).

#48119 - 02/09/13 12:10 PM Re: What's your favorite RPG game? [Re: dinkygreg]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I'm nearing the conclusion of my second playthrough of Last Story. It's a delicious slice of Final Fantasy pie. I feel pretty BA walkin' around with both Zael and Syrenne in Dragon Greaves +10 and Dragon Armor +10. Although; it is pretty odd to see the anthropomorphized versions of the game's World Seed Dragons shootin' the s??? at Ariela's Tavern, during the cutscenes and character interactions. I've also discovered the games greatest foe... Syrenne. When under the spell of the Dark Muruk, your teammates lose their consciousness; and attack their own teammates. If Syrenne is under this spell, you have two options; fix it, or run like hell.

Page 11 of 14 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.