Start Shopping! Cart
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#47545 - 01/26/13 03:29 AM Daily Deals lol
ChaosBlade666 Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Is it just me or does every daily deal they put out on rightstuf just nonsense? I'm dead serious to, they just seem like the regular prices that they always have....Maybe im just nuts idk.

Advertisement
#47550 - 01/26/13 12:13 PM Re: Daily Deals lol [Re: ChaosBlade666]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Netherlands
It's probably you.
Just look at the Psychic Squad collection 3 deal: $30.07 (40% off MSRP), while collections 1, 2 and 4 are $37.49 (25% off MSRP)

AFAIK most "normal" Rightstuf prices are 25% off MSRP with coupon codes and GotAnime discounts allowed, with the exception of recent/pre-order Funimation titles (and Sentai/S23/etc. pre-orders?) which are 40% off MSRP with coupon codes and GotAnime discounts excluded. (that might have gotten you confused)
Based on the DVDs/Blu-Rays in the current daily specials, it looks like the daily special boosts the 25% to 32-40% and excludes coupon codes, but keeps the GotAnime discount.
So if you don't have a coupon code, it definately should be a better deal and even if that change blocks a coupon from being applicable to your order, the extra daily deal saving might just exceed an $4-5 coupon code...

#47552 - 01/26/13 12:23 PM Re: Daily Deals lol [Re: SD Maruko-kun]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: SD Maruko-kun
It's probably you.
Just look at the Psychic Squad collection 3 deal: $30.07 (40% off MSRP), while collections 1, 2 and 4 are $37.49 (25% off MSRP)

AFAIK most "normal" Rightstuf prices are 25% off MSRP with coupon codes and GotAnime discounts allowed, with the exception of recent/pre-order Funimation titles (and Sentai/S23/etc. pre-orders?) which are 40% off MSRP with coupon codes and GotAnime discounts excluded. (that might have gotten you confused)
Based on the DVDs/Blu-Rays in the current daily specials, it looks like the daily special boosts the 25% to 32-40% and excludes coupon codes, but keeps the GotAnime discount.
So if you don't have a coupon code, it definately should be a better deal and even if that change blocks a coupon from being applicable to your order, the extra daily deal saving might just exceed an $4-5 coupon code...

You pretty much nailed it. TRSI's regular discount is 25% off. If you are just looking at Funimation and Sentai pre-orders (recent releases), then I can see the problem. There's a policy in place where all Funimation and Sentai pre-orders (and new releases) go into the Weekly Specials, which nets you 40% off.

If you look at some of the older titles, then you will notice the 25% off discount real quickly and that's where the Daily Deals come into play. If you missed out on pre-ordering the title, then you missed out on the 40% discount.

One thing to note about the Daily Deals, they are eligible for the Got Anime discount. That makes most of these items 46% off, instead of the locked in 40% on the Weekly Specials.

Note: Right Stuf is currently running a Funimation sale, so all Funimation titles are 40% off at the moment and are eligible for the Got Anime discount.

Edited by joelgundam01 (01/26/13 05:07 PM)

#47557 - 01/26/13 01:44 PM Re: Daily Deals lol [Re: ChaosBlade666]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I check the "Daily Deals" daily. The first thing I do when I get to RightStuf is check "New/Changed Items", the second is "Daily Deals", then I usually look at "Trending Now" and the rest of the stuff on the frontpage; and then I hit the Forum. I usually slap myself later for not jumping on something I want in the "Daily Deals" section. The only thing that might lead a person to think that the "Daily Deals" discounts aren't good, is the fact that RightStuf is usually coming at you from from like three different directions with sales. Like joelgundam01 mentioned, RightStuf rewards you for preordering by giving you a great price; and there's a Funi sale right now. Then there's Got Anime?, Bargain Bundles, seasonal sales, studio sales...

#47562 - 01/26/13 03:34 PM Re: Daily Deals lol [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: kiku
I check the "Daily Deals" daily. The first thing I do when I get to RightStuf is check "New/Changed Items", the second is "Daily Deals", then I usually look at "Trending Now" and the rest of the stuff on the frontpage; and then I hit the Forum. I usually slap myself later for not jumping on something I want in the "Daily Deals" section. The only thing that might lead a person to think that the "Daily Deals" discounts aren't good, is the fact that RightStuf is usually coming at you from from like three different directions with sales. Like joelgundam01 mentioned, RightStuf rewards you for preordering by giving you a great price; and there's a Funi sale right now. Then there's Got Anime?, Bargain Bundles, seasonal sales, studio sales...

I check things in that same order kiku. grin

Also, I pre-order Anime as soon as I see that itís Listed ( all the time )
to Lock In the initial discount even if Iím not 100% completely sure Iím going to get the Anime.

Thereís plenty of time to find out more about an Anime
( Iíve pre-ordered ) and decide to cancel it if need be.

#47586 - 01/27/13 05:51 AM Re: Daily Deals lol [Re: ChaosBlade666]
ChaosBlade666 Offline

Ah Well ty guys for all your input makes more sense now lol xD

#47587 - 01/27/13 07:55 AM Re: Daily Deals lol [Re: ChaosBlade666]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: ChaosBlade666
Ah Well ty guys for all your input makes more sense now lol xD

Welcome to the Forum ChaosBlade666 grin

#47636 - 01/29/13 12:09 AM Re: Daily Deals lol [Re: BWBODDY]
ChaosBlade666 Offline

Thank you laugh....ive actually used rightstuf for couple years now but i just never used their forums for some reason shocked figured it was time to make an profile

#47965 - 02/06/13 06:51 AM Re: Daily Deals lol [Re: ChaosBlade666]
PetrifiedJello Offline

Loc: Indiana
Originally Posted By: ChaosBlade666
Is it just me or does every daily deal they put out on rightstuf just nonsense?

It's not nonsense, but it's a bit misleading. Not that this is a fault, but everything's priced from the MRSP, and the "40% off" sales are actually about 10% off the everyday price TRSI offers anime.

It may not sound like much, but if you buy often, the savings do add up and, regardless of a sale or not, having to avoid MRSP prices is always a good thing.

My only complaint, though I know why TRSI does it, is the GA discount seems to be getting more worthless to me. Most of the time, I buy newer titles, and they're usually not covered under the discount because they're either already priced to move or are part of an exclusive/pre-order.

It's unlikely I will renew my GA discount, but I'm okay with this. Since I don't buy as much as I used to (trying to stick with bluray only), I'd rather forgo the extra 10% to help out TRSI, so it's a win-win. 10%. I spend more than that on a McD's meal.
laugh

#47975 - 02/06/13 09:30 AM Re: Daily Deals lol [Re: PetrifiedJello]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
To each his own. However, for the price of two said McD's meals; one could renew their Got Anime membership. Furthermore, the membership does more than give an extra 10% off most titles. It also gives you access to the current exclusive "Get Stuf'd" coupons, two uses of which will usually pay for the membership renewel. Not to mention, it extends your product return window to 120 days. Although, RightStuf is totally righteous about that anyway. So far I've been pretty lucky. Any time I've needed to renew my Got Anime membership, I've placed an order where the savings on the order from the membership cover the renewel; which effectively makes it free. It was actually a RightStuf representative which taught me that trick via telephone. IIRC I actually got the membership for free and still paid less for said order than I would have without the mebership. I love that rep., I love Got Anime, I love RightStuf, I love this forum, and... I love anime.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.