Advertisement
#46433 - 12/23/12 11:00 AM Re: Most recent manga purchase [Re: Gaming_Bum]
Wise Silver Wolf Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Florida, USA
Recently purchased from Rightstuf:

- Berserk Graphic Novel 6
- Berserk Graphic Novel 7

I wanted to buy more now that rightstuf is running a promo on all "in stock and available" items at regular price but almost all the berserk graphic novels are out of stock. Amazon usually sells them for $1-$2 less at regular price too, when your buying 40 volumes worth of manga that cost $9-$12 per volume that adds up pretty quickly. I prefer to buy them from rightstuf though because they have better packaging than Amazon (even though I have Amazon 2 day shipping), I just wish rightstuf had more volumes in stock.

My Figure Collection

#46437 - 12/23/12 12:10 PM Re: Most recent manga purchase [Re: Wise Silver Wolf]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: Wise Silver Wolf
I wanted to buy more now that rightstuf is running a promo on all "in stock and available" items at regular price but almost all the berserk graphic novels are out of stock. Amazon usually sells them for $1-$2 less at regular price too, when your buying 40 volumes worth of manga that cost $9-$12 per volume that adds up pretty quickly. I prefer to buy them from rightstuf though because they have better packaging than Amazon (even though I have Amazon 2 day shipping), I just wish rightstuf had more volumes in stock.

Word of advice, just wait until there's a Dark Horse studio sale. You will get 33% off (39.7% off with Got Anime) on all manga from Dark Horse whether they are in stock or not.

#46438 - 12/23/12 12:22 PM Re: Most recent manga purchase [Re: Gaming_Bum]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Rightstuf's packaging is more forgiving to manga in shipment. The best pricing on manga on Rightstuf is normally during the publisher sale.

#46440 - 12/23/12 02:39 PM Re: Most recent manga purchase [Re: Gaming_Bum]
Wise Silver Wolf Offline

Yeah I think that ill wait for a Dark Horse Comics sale agian to start buying Berserk manga in huge bulks, if I remember correctly they had one a while ago but I didnt take advantage of it frown because at the time I had alot of expenses for that month and I recently started a new job so I needed time to save up some money. Thanks for the suggestion guys smile

My Figure Collection

#46441 - 12/23/12 03:15 PM Re: Most recent manga purchase [Re: Wise Silver Wolf]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: Wise Silver Wolf
Yeah I think that ill wait for a Dark Horse Comics sale agian to start buying Berserk manga in huge bulks, if I remember correctly they had one a while ago but I didnt take advantage of it frown because at the time I had alot of expenses for that month and I recently started a new job so I needed time to save up some money. Thanks for the suggestion guys smile

Just a heads up, when it comes to Dark Horse sales they only cycle around about every 6 months and only last for 3 days. Make sure you check Right Stuf's main page every Monday and Thursday, because those are the days they launch news sales on.

With the current In Stock sale, it's safe to say that they will not launch a new sale until 1/7/13.

#46442 - 12/23/12 03:20 PM Re: Most recent manga purchase [Re: Gaming_Bum]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

You can always sign up for RightStuf's newsletter as they will send an email out for every new sale that starts up.

If you use Facebook or Twitter as well you can like/follow them and they will post/tweet about any new sales when they go up. Not really sure why they don't make a topic/post on these forums about new sales.

#46443 - 12/23/12 04:30 PM Re: Most recent manga purchase [Re: joelgundam01]
Wise Silver Wolf Offline

Thanks ill keep an eye out smile

My Figure Collection

#46557 - 12/27/12 10:47 PM Re: Most recent manga purchase [Re: Wise Silver Wolf]
sevi Online
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Pennsylvania
Most recent purchases:
Madara v1-5
His Favorite v2
Dorohedoro v8
Cage of Eden v8
Dogs:Bullets & Carnage v7
and Cardcaptor Sakura Omnibus v2 online
In store:
The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan v2
The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan v6
Angel Para Bellum v2
Toriko v13
and Heroman v1

Btw, I was wondering if anyone knows if it would be worth repurchasing the Paradise Kiss series through Vertical publishing. I know they claim that there's a significant change in translation, but obviously they would have to claim that to a certain extent in order to ensure significant sales quota.

#46558 - 12/27/12 10:52 PM Re: Most recent manga purchase [Re: Cheap One]
sevi Online
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Pennsylvania
Strangely enough, I've found any damage that shows up in books purchased from Amazon could only be caused by mishandling by sales clerks prior to packaging. They will be wrapped in such a way that it obviously couldn't have been damaged in transport. But maybe that's just my experience.

Page 37 of 67 < 1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 66 67 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.