Start Shopping! Cart
Page 643 of 1001 < 1 2 ... 641 642 643 644 645 ... 1000 1001 >
Topic Options
#49262 - 03/08/13 12:55 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I'm done with the first two discs of The Shana BD. It's flying by way too quickly. Margery Daw is awesome, not to mention stupid Marcho. Who'da thunk a masochistic magical tome bound by leather would be a great character?

Advertisement
#49285 - 03/08/13 05:00 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: kiku
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
I just finished Volume 1 of Samurai Girl: Real Bout High School, so far Iím really liking this one,
Itís a very fun watch, with a little Pantsu going on. ( attention: kiku ) grin

I was buying something else last Month and this was one of the "other Titles you might like" suggestions that popped up.
After reading some of storyline, I bought it than and there.
Looking forward to Volume 2

P.S.
This one has Cowboy Bebop VAís, Wendee Lee ( main lead character )
& David Lucas, aka: Steve Blum ( off & on main supporting character )
To be sure, I'd pick it up if RightStuf had it; but I don't want to pay the inflated prices for it elsewhere. As always, thanks for the pantsu alert. You da best B Dub.

Still on it, I'm now done with Volume 2 and the Iron Chef K-Fight grin

#49410 - 03/11/13 12:18 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
I watched disc 1 of Haunted Junction.

It's kinda goofy and weird.
Basically a whole bunch of school spirits fight against evil spirits.
With the help of a Shinto priestess (who loves little boys), a Budhist monk (who gets possessed easily & loves the toilet ghost Miss Hanako), and a son of a Christian minister (who can use these special badges to summon the various ghosts).

For a Bandai title, it's kinda odd that it has 6 episodes on one disc.
Plus it's sub-only, which I guess is kinda odd for the time period this came out.

Anyways, it's fun so far, but definitely not a future purchase.

#49411 - 03/11/13 01:07 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: EricDent]
sevi Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: EricDent

With the help of a Shinto priestess (who loves little boys), a Budhist monk (who gets possessed easily & loves the toilet ghost Miss Hanako), and a son of a Christian minister (who can use these special badges to summon the various ghosts).

Plus it's sub-only, which I guess is kinda odd for the time period this came out.

Nah. The series came out in the late 90's when series were still being partially brought out on VHS and a lot of those series were either sub or dub only by default so being sub-only isn't that strange. As for the number of episodes per disc, I can only assume the company was going for what then would be considered a slimmer packaging design so they could release the entire series in one set. I don't think Bandai had much faith in the series and that they didn't think it would sell as well if spread out through multiple discs with fewer episodes.

Edit: Actually the series was originally VHS so the sub-only thing is pretty much standard.

Edited by sevi (03/11/13 01:10 AM)

#49412 - 03/11/13 02:13 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: EricDent]
KyleMills Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Michigan, U.S.
Have you got to Madusa yet? On Soul Eater.
Hopefully you are watching the dub, just cause it's fun.
I just LOL everytime I think of the "Excalibur" song...

Sorry, missed this post.
I'm on episode 12, I believe at this point Medusa has only had a cameo a few episodes back.

I am watching the dub! & i agree it IS very fun!

Edited by KyleMills (03/11/13 02:15 AM)

#49416 - 03/11/13 08:59 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: EricDent]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.

I have the set-back in the early days Pioneer and ADV both put 6 episodes on a disc as did US Manga/Central Park Media who did it regularly.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#49418 - 03/11/13 11:42 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Oh, I guess then the other stuff with the pattern of 5-4 episodes or 4-3 episodes was not normal?
I can name multiple series that had the episodes spread across 6-8 discs this way. IE first disc & last disc had the most episodes, and the middle had the fewest.

Of course with most VHS stuff it was maybe 3 episodes tops, with the average being 2.

Anyhow as far as the Soul Eater dub, I guess you know who voiced Madusa in the dub?
It just blew my mind when I found out it was her, due to that not being a normal role she does....

#49419 - 03/11/13 12:01 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
Watched the first two chapters in Mardock Scramble. Pretty good, though I didn't thoroughly fall in love with them. smirk

#49420 - 03/11/13 12:02 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Okay, volume 3 of Battle Athletes has arrived, so now I can start my viewing of Battle Athletes & Battle Athletes Victory.

This is a total of 11 individual Cases, if Iím digging what Iím watching after a few episodes ( I may even wait till I get to Victory to make sure I like it as well )
than Iíll go ahead and condense this into a 12 Disc Case to free up some shelf space.

I do hope itís a keeper, everything I read about it seems to indicate that it will beÖ
*famous last words?Ö. I hope not!*
grin

#49424 - 03/11/13 01:20 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: EricDent]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Oh, I guess then the other stuff with the pattern of 5-4 episodes or 4-3 episodes was not normal?

It was normal back in 2000 and later, but back in the late 90s when anime DVDs were first introduced. It was very common to see the DVDs containing 6 episodes per disc.

Page 643 of 1001 < 1 2 ... 641 642 643 644 645 ... 1000 1001 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.