Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Watching HAPPY LESSON grin

Advertisement
#47222 - 01/17/13 02:00 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Princess Resurrection

Now this is how you do an adaptation. Although there are a lot of changes in the anime compared to the original source, the characters' personalities and the main plot remain the same. No matter which way they take the show, it should be able to follow the manga's main story pretty well.

I wish Freezing and Claymore were treated the same way. Freezing kept the main characters' personalities the same, but they completely altered the personalities of the side characters. Many of them by the way play a major role in later arcs. In Claymore, they changed one of the main character's personalities (Raki) and completely altered the main plot. It's almost impossible for either title to be able to continue on they way they are.

I've watched 6 episodes of Princess Resurrection last night and I'm really impressed. Although some of the plot devices have been changed (see spoiler below), I really like some of the additions. For one thing, the manga's character designs are pretty flat, while in the anime they look more rounded. This portrays the fan service much better in my opinion.

Click to reveal..
There are quite a few differences between the manga and the anime. I will list some of the major changes below.

1.) The way Hiro dies has been altered. Hiro dies from getting hit by a truck in the manga (caused by Flandre). In the anime, he saves Hime and gets killed by falling construction beams. This change was done because of the two rules on how a royal resurrects the dead.

- a.) Royals resurrect beings that have status or those that have sacrificed themselves to save the royal.
- b.) Royals also are obliged to resurrect rare monsters that are becoming instinct.

2.) In the manga, it's hinted many times that Hiro and his sister Sawawa are rare monsters. In the anime, Hime states that both Hiro and Sawawa are human.

3.) The resurrection process has been completely altered. In the anime, Hime gives Hiro the "flame of life". In the manga, Hime gives Hiro some of her blood. This makes him into a "blood warrior", which gives Hiro the ability to transform when Hime is in trouble. The transformation gives Hiro red eyes and blond hair. Although, it doesn't change him physically, it does heighten his senses of awareness. He is also the only blood warrior that has the power to transform at will even when Hime isn't in danger.

4.) The violence has been severally toned down in the anime.

#47239 - 01/17/13 05:37 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

As noted above, Iím watching Happy lesson, but thatís in the Bedroom Player.
Iím just watching that one right now during the last hour or so before sleep.

I started watching Bodacious Space Pirates collection 1 in the front room.
Iím not ( donít plan on it anyway ) going to watch the whole thing,
I just wanted to decide if I liked it enough to keep Collection 2 on per-order,
than wait till after it came in before watching the whole thing.

Iím only on episode 3 and I must say this one is a Fun one so far, I plan on finishing the first disc.
If I watch anymore of collection 1 after that, I canít say at the moment.

#47241 - 01/17/13 06:05 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
zrdb Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Moretsu Space Pirates was a keeper for me when I saw it fansubbed (actually crunchyroll rips).

#47246 - 01/17/13 08:31 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Round Rock, TX
Aria The Natural Part 2, Disc 2.
So Aika gets a haircut (it's rather cute), and Akari had to give up her old godolla (which was very sad).
The story about how Woody, Al, and Atkuski were childhood friends was pretty fun. Especially the big reveal that it was Akira who out "maned" Atkuski.
They also had an episode about making a new pylon for the Aria Company.
It shows "Grandma" when she was young, and President Aria is in her hands...that means this fat cat is over 80 years old...

#47247 - 01/17/13 08:31 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BWBODDY]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
As noted above, Iím watching Happy lesson, but thatís in the Bedroom Player.
Iím just watching that one right now during the last hour or so before sleep.

I started watching Bodacious Space Pirates collection 1 in the front room.
Iím not ( donít plan on it anyway ) going to watch the whole thing,
I just wanted to decide if I liked it enough to keep Collection 2 on per-order,
than wait till after it came in before watching the whole thing.

Iím only on episode 3 and I must say this one is a Fun one so far, I plan on finishing the first disc.
If I watch anymore of collection 1 after that, I canít say at the moment.

Okay, I can't stop watching it.....
So I guess i'll finish it, than just wait for Collection 2 to come in

#47249 - 01/18/13 12:03 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
kakashi12210 Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: West Virginia
Just finished up 6 more episodes of Girls Bravo. It's still enjoyable and I'm glad to learn more about some of the side characters background. I loved the part time job and mahjong episodes. Ebi's voice caught me off guard in the mahjong episode. Now on to the last 6.

#47255 - 01/18/13 02:00 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Motto To Love RU

#47289 - 01/19/13 01:58 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Kobato

It's like a drug. At first I was like, OK I'll try some of this; and next thing I knew, I had burned through the entire first disc.

#47291 - 01/19/13 02:03 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
kakashi12210 Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: West Virginia
I just finished the first 8 episodes of Shigurui: Death Frenzy. I'm loving it. It's mature and I like the story. I did not expect the scene near the end of episodes 8. I hope the last 4 episodes are as good as the first 8.

Page 615 of 885 < 1 2 ... 613 614 615 616 617 ... 884 885 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.