Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 308 of 976 < 1 2 ... 306 307 308 309 310 ... 975 976 >
Topic Options
#22160 - 05/11/11 05:41 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: joelgundam01]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
Originally Posted By: Stefanie
I took a break from watching The Third (which started off interesting, then took a bit of a dull turn <snip>

I'll be getting back to The Third, I guess.

Yeah! The Third does have it's slow spots in the middle, but it does pick up again near the end.

True. Give it a little more time so you can finish it and tell your thoughts on it.

Advertisement
#22163 - 05/12/11 11:30 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: Stefanie]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Originally Posted By: Stefanie
I took a break from watching The Third (which started off interesting, then took a bit of a dull turn) to watch Evangelion 2.22 and Eden Of The East: King Of Eden, both on Blu-ray.

[color:#000000]The Bad:
My usual complaint with BD/DVD releases applies to both of these new releases... <Asuka>"Subtitles Off" means SUBTITLES OFF!!!</Asuka> I've ranted about this before, so we'll move on, unless someone else wants to assist me in beating a dead horse. wink

The Good: Everything else.

At first, I had trouble remembering what happened in the Eden Of The East series, but after about thirty minutes, it started coming back. The movie didn't have quite the impact of the series, but the story was decent enough, and I was satisfied with the audio and video quality. Even though the animation style isn't my favorite, it's well done.

Eva 2.22 was more of the same from Eva 1.11, although there are some significant changes from the series, which I won't spoil. I will say that Shinji, while still Shinji, isn't quite as wimpy as he was in the series. The staff commentary mentions this too, with Spike Spencer noting that Shinji still screams a lot, but he doesn't cry as much. The disc has some decent extras; nothing that makes history, but everything that one would typically expect. The animation looks great, and the audio and video quality are better than some other anime movies I've seen on BD. The 'splosions sound especially great.

I'll be getting back to The Third, I guess.[/color]

I've watched most-but not all of The Third-it was pretty good. Eva 2.22 was fantastic-just get near the subwoofer during the explosions-BOOM!! I'm currently finishing up a wierd series called W Wish.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#22177 - 05/13/11 12:50 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
thomasb95 Offline
UPSF Ensign

Just joined I am currently watching it is slow going since I am legally blind
I have to pause a lot for the Subs.

Maria Watches Over Us Season 4
A Channel
Trinity Blood
Rosen Maiden Overture
Hanasaku Iroha
GOSICK

#22184 - 05/13/11 06:50 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: thomasb95]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
Welcome. smile Oooh, Trinity Blood! grin

#22190 - 05/14/11 03:19 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: Stefanie]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Right now I'm watching Minami-Ke, about 3 orphened sisters who live together.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#22197 - 05/14/11 04:45 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: zrdb]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
Originally Posted By: zrdb
Right now I'm watching Minami-Ke, about 3 orphened sisters who live together.

That was a fun series.

Working on Gosick and Sentimental Journey. So far both are pretty good.

Tried Hidan no Aria since it did remind me somewhat of Gunslinger Girl, however after the first two eps i'm not all that impressed with the show. I will give it a couple of more eps to see if it gets better. Right now, for me, it's one that i don't see any hopes for.

#22203 - 05/14/11 11:19 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: stargates]
Chalryn Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Walden, NY
Minami-ke, for the win. Seriously wish someone would license that over here. D:
...In the meantime, I may very well be tempted into watching the fansubs again sometime in the near future.

Anyhow, among several fansubs/simulcasts, I've been watching the Highschool of the Dead and Guin Saga dubs via Anime Network On Demand. I've already seen HotD subbed in the past, but I must say, I'm quite enjoying the dub for it. Guin Saga was started on a whim, since Sentai, RightStuf, and some others seem to have been really pushing its promotions recently, so I figured I'd give it a look and see what the hype's all about. Seems pretty enjoyable so far. Also, Guin is hilariously powerful. Just watch his first appearance in the pilot, and you'll see what I mean. =D

MAL: Currently Watching, Completed

#22207 - 05/15/11 06:44 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: Chalryn]
Manhiem Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Idaho
I just got done watching Allison & Lillia Generation 1. It's great. :-)

The story is set during an armistice in a war that has been going on for 130 years. Allison Whittington is a pilot who transfers aircraft for the military. Her friend, Will Shultz, is a well-read student with a photographic memory and excellent shooting skills. One day, while out for a ride in the country, they meet an old man who tells them a story about a treasure that could help them end the war for good. When the old man is kidnapped right before their eyes, they follow, intent on rescuing him and finding the treasure.

The story has a flavor reminiscent of movies like "High Road to China" and the Indiana Jones series. The background art is beautiful, and I love the intro song, which sounds like a medieval ballad. If you like action/adventure films, this one is definitely worth a watch.

#22208 - 05/15/11 07:58 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: Manhiem]
Tsunami3k Offline
UPSF Commander

Loc: Overland Park, KS
Sold! Ok, I already bought it but great synopsis. I've been planning to watch something new after burning off a few of my old-school backlog (Macross, Ikki Tousen, Tenchi Muyo) and your suggestion sounds like the perfect candidate.

#22209 - 05/15/11 09:34 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: Tsunami3k]
LuckySeven Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Macon, Georgia, USA
After finally finishing up with Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, my pervy side got the better of me and I'm currently watching Sekirei on Hulu. grin

My YouTube Channel
My Collection

Page 308 of 976 < 1 2 ... 306 307 308 309 310 ... 975 976 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.