Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#47067 - 01/14/13 05:36 PM Lucky Penny License Requests 2013
LordGeo Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Though this is not an "official" topic, I thought that with a new year it would be neat to finally give Lucky Penny its own license request topic, since it is supposed to be a separate label from Nozomi & even is sharing the forum title.

So, are there any tiles you would specifically want to see on the Lucky Penny label? Is there a title that you feel doesn't exactly need the limited-edition packaging that Nozomi is wants to be known for? Do you want a title to be licensed without having to pay that premium pricing that Nozomi titles will generally have due to the special packaging? Are there any titles that you simply want licensed more than anything else & are willing to accept an official English-subtitled DVD in general, even if it's a bare-bones release?

*Personally, I'm at that last option... Can anyone throw me a bone? Please?*

Anyway, here is a place for Lucky Penny to shine! Nozomi can get the official license request topic that Alison will certainly create, but here's a topic for the more "traditional" label.

Advertisement
#47069 - 01/14/13 05:56 PM Re: Lucky Penny License Requests 2013 [Re: LordGeo]
LordGeo Offline

Since I made this topic, I'll start it off:
Ring ni Kakero 1 (Nope, I won't stop requesting this until someone actually licenses this: All fours seasons, & the 2003 pilot film & Ocean-produced English dub [whatever of they dubbed] would make really cool extras; I don't care about special packaging or first-print bonus items... I just want to watch & own this anime series on Region 1 DVD here in North America; I would easily be a true "unofficial spokesman" for this show if you guys brought this over)
Akagi (Yeah, a mahjong anime is a real long shot, but the characters & intensity of the matches simply make this title amazing, even if you know nothing about traditional mahjong)
Kaiji (A fair bit more "user-friendly" than Akagi, but just as excellent; Joost had streamed the first season back in 2008, so there is a pre-existing & official English translation for Season 1)
GaoGaiGar FINAL (I know you guys haven't done mecha since Dangaizer 3 [& Godmars before that], but people are still waiting for this come over after Media Blasters did the impossible & brought over the TV series... Come on TRSI!)
RAINBOW ~Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin~ (This is definitely on the opposite spectrum from what TRSI usually does, but I thought TRSI liked incredible stories with memorable characters; FUNimation simulcasted it, so there's already English subs)
Naikaku Kenryoku Hanzai Kyosei Torishimarikan Zaizen Jotaro (Yeah, I highly doubt anybody will ever license this, especially because of its infamy [all because of an extremely bad first episode], but it really is a fun little show about dirty business & politics, done with a fun-to-watch main character, like Onizuka or Ryo Saeba)
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas (There are English subs already for it by way of CrunchyRoll, and it really is a great alternate universe take on Saint Seiya)
Kamen no Maid Guy (This really seems more like a Sentai pickup, but I can see TRSI having a fun time working on this show, as it has something for everyone)

#47070 - 01/14/13 06:23 PM Re: Lucky Penny License Requests 2013 [Re: LordGeo]
blaizevincent Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: Isle of Wight, UK
Yes Please to Kaiji! smile

I would be head over heels if that show got picked up I absolutely adore it. Best show of the last 5 years. I would cry manly tears just like Kaiji if it were to get picked up cry

Akagi and Rainbow would also be instant buys from me. Both shows are great! It would be nice to get something a little more gritty and stylish like these three shows for once. Seems alot of these type of shows just don't get licensed anymore.

#47072 - 01/14/13 07:37 PM Re: Lucky Penny License Requests 2013 [Re: blaizevincent]
LordGeo Offline

Originally Posted By: blaizevincent
Yes Please to Kaiji! smile

I would be head over heels if that show got picked up I absolutely adore it. Best show of the last 5 years. I would cry manly tears just like Kaiji if it were to get picked up cry

Akagi and Rainbow would also be instant buys from me. Both shows are great! It would be nice to get something a little more gritty and stylish like these three shows for once. Seems alot of these type of shows just don't get licensed anymore.

FUNi looked to have considered Rainbow for a DVD release at one point by including it on one of their polls, but I guess the response wasn't positive enough. Still, it would be a shame to see a series as critically praised as Rainbow get ignored by other anime licensors simply becauseof its harsh visual content... Or, heaven forbid, simply because FUNimation didn't feel it was worthy of a dual-audio release.

#47076 - 01/14/13 09:13 PM Re: Lucky Penny License Requests 2013 [Re: LordGeo]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: LordGeo
Since I made this topic, I'll start it off:
Ring ni Kakero 1 (Nope, I won't stop requesting this until someone actually licenses this: All fours seasons, & the 2003 pilot film & Ocean-produced English dub [whatever of they dubbed] would make really cool extras; I don't care about special packaging or first-print bonus items... I just want to watch & own this anime series on Region 1 DVD here in North America; I would easily be a true "unofficial spokesman" for this show if you guys brought this over)
Akagi (Yeah, a mahjong anime is a real long shot, but the characters & intensity of the matches simply make this title amazing, even if you know nothing about traditional mahjong)
Kaiji (A fair bit more "user-friendly" than Akagi, but just as excellent; Joost had streamed the first season back in 2008, so there is a pre-existing & official English translation for Season 1)
GaoGaiGar FINAL (I know you guys haven't done mecha since Dangaizer 3 [& Godmars before that], but people are still waiting for this come over after Media Blasters did the impossible & brought over the TV series... Come on TRSI!)
RAINBOW ~Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin~ (This is definitely on the opposite spectrum from what TRSI usually does, but I thought TRSI liked incredible stories with memorable characters; FUNimation simulcasted it, so there's already English subs)
Naikaku Kenryoku Hanzai Kyosei Torishimarikan Zaizen Jotaro (Yeah, I highly doubt anybody will ever license this, especially because of its infamy [all because of an extremely bad first episode], but it really is a fun little show about dirty business & politics, done with a fun-to-watch main character, like Onizuka or Ryo Saeba)
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas (There are English subs already for it by way of CrunchyRoll, and it really is a great alternate universe take on Saint Seiya)
Kamen no Maid Guy (This really seems more like a Sentai pickup, but I can see TRSI having a fun time working on this show, as it has something for everyone)
I'd love to see Dangaizer brought back, and hells yeah; Kamen No Maid Guy FTW!

#47085 - 01/15/13 11:33 AM Re: Lucky Penny License Requests 2013 [Re: kiku]
goofanader Offline
UPSF Ensign

Thirding Kaiji!

Here's some more to add to the list:
Kaiba
Dennou Coil
Trapeze
My Ordinary Life/Nichijou: Already has an English sub from Crunchyroll, who simulcasted it. It was going to be licensed by Bandai, but then they exited the anime business...
Gosick: The same thing happened with Gosick, and it also has an English sub on Crunchyroll. However, both series are rather expensive, so I dunno if Lucky Penny would get it.
Daughter of Twenty Faces
Macross Frontier: If it's only an English sub, this would work really well. You wouldn't have to re-dub all the songs and only have to time the songs, so this would work for Lucky Penny. I don't know how expensive the series is, though, so it might not be Lucky Penny's thing.
Yuru Yuri: Considering they've already licensed Aoi Hana, another yuri title, this anime would probably be the most likely to be licensed by Lucky Penny compared to the rest on this list.
Sayonara, Zetsubou-sensei: This would be a nightmare to subtitle, but might as well get my hopes up!
Welcome to the Space Show

I can't really think of anymore, but these are the shows that I've been wanting to be licensed in the States. I'm not really sure how many of these are exactly Lucky Penny's thing, but might as well try. smile

#47092 - 01/15/13 03:21 PM Re: Lucky Penny License Requests 2013 [Re: LordGeo]
Aceofwar Offline
UPSF Ensign

I think Lucky Penny should grab:

Gosick: Terrific series that may never see its way over here due to bandai going under.

Higurashi When They Cry: This is also another great series and it needs another chance here.

Sayonara, Zetsubou-sensei: I'm surprised nobody has bothered to license this, its probably one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.

School Days: Great romance drama that definitely needs to be licensed.

Zero No Tsukaima (Familiar of Zero): Very popular romance fantasy series that is similar to Shana and Index.

Nothing else that I can think of that needs to be licensed here in the U.S.

Edited by Aceofwar (01/15/13 03:23 PM)

#47096 - 01/15/13 04:10 PM Re: Lucky Penny License Requests 2013 [Re: Aceofwar]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: Aceofwar

Gosick: Terrific series that may never see its way over here due to bandai going under.Yes,

Higurashi When They Cry: This is also another great series and it needs another chance here.yes,

Sayonara, Zetsubou-sensei: I'm surprised nobody has bothered to license this, its probably one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.yes,

School Days: Great romance drama that definitely needs to be licensed.yes,

Zero No Tsukaima (Familiar of Zero): Very popular romance fantasy series that is similar to Shana and Index.and more yes.

Nothing else that I can think of that needs to be licensed here in the U.S.

#47097 - 01/15/13 04:40 PM Re: Lucky Penny License Requests 2013 [Re: Aceofwar]
kakashi12210 Online
UPSF Commodore

Loc: West Virginia

Higurashi When They Cry: This is also another great series and it needs another chance here.

School Days: Great romance drama that definitely needs to be licensed.

I second Higurashi, I would love for the rest of the series to come over here. I'd also love to see School Days, I've heard so many good things about it and would love for it to get a dub.

#47100 - 01/15/13 05:28 PM Re: Lucky Penny License Requests 2013 [Re: Aceofwar]
LordGeo Offline

Sayonara, Zetsubou-sensei: I'm surprised nobody has bothered to license this, its probably one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.

Zero No Tsukaima (Familiar of Zero): Very popular romance fantasy series that is similar to Shana and Index.

Media Blasters licensed Zetsubou, but they never got any of it out. Whether they still have it or not is a complete mystery. As for Familiar of Zero, Sentai has Season 4 so there's a fair chance that they'll license rescue Season 1 & then do Seasons 2 & 3 as well.

#47102 - 01/15/13 06:01 PM Re: Lucky Penny License Requests 2013 [Re: goofanader]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: goofanader
Thirding Kaiji!

Here's some more to add to the list:
Kaiba
Dennou Coil
TrapezeMy interest is piqued.
My Ordinary Life/Nichijou: Already has an English sub from Crunchyroll, who simulcasted it. It was going to be licensed by Bandai, but then they exited the anime business...I'm on the fence... but it looks too cute unyuu, aw heck; it's been compared to Azu Dai so I'm in.
Gosick: The same thing happened with Gosick, and it also has an English sub on Crunchyroll. However, both series are rather expensive, so I dunno if Lucky Penny would get it.Shinku-esque loli... I'm in.
Daughter of Twenty Faces
Macross Frontier: If it's only an English sub, this would work really well. You wouldn't have to re-dub all the songs and only have to time the songs, so this would work for Lucky Penny. I don't know how expensive the series is, though, so it might not be Lucky Penny's thing.Anything Macross, I'm in.
Yuru Yuri: Considering they've already licensed Aoi Hana, another yuri title, this anime would probably be the most likely to be licensed by Lucky Penny compared to the rest on this list.Oh, I'm in.
Sayonara, Zetsubou-sensei: This would be a nightmare to subtitle, but might as well get my hopes up!I've read too many reviews about how hilarious this one is. I'm in.
Welcome to the Space ShowMy interest is piqued in this one as well. Anything that takes me back to my childhood like "Stand By Me", "Explorers", and "The Goonies" is pure win.

I can't really think of anymore, but these are the shows that I've been wanting to be licensed in the States. I'm not really sure how many of these are exactly Lucky Penny's thing, but might as well try. smile

#47103 - 01/15/13 06:08 PM Re: Lucky Penny License Requests 2013 [Re: LordGeo]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: LordGeo
As for Familiar of Zero, Sentai has Season 4 so there's a fair chance that they'll license rescue Season 1 & then do Seasons 2 & 3 as well.
My completist tendencies might preclude me from diving into the Louise-verse, if Sentai did not also release seasons 1 - 3; in addition to season 4. However; if they release all of it, I'm a shoe in.

#47112 - 01/15/13 07:03 PM Re: Lucky Penny License Requests 2013 [Re: LordGeo]
Aceofwar Offline
UPSF Ensign

I wasn't aware that Sentai owned the 4th season, which is odd might I add. Hopefully they wont put off its release too long like they have with all of the other good titles they licensed early 2012.

#47182 - 01/16/13 08:10 PM Re: Lucky Penny License Requests 2013 [Re: goofanader]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: goofanader
Macross Frontier: If it's only an English sub, this would work really well. You wouldn't have to re-dub all the songs and only have to time the songs, so this would work for Lucky Penny. I don't know how expensive the series is, though, so it might not be Lucky Penny's thing.

Lawyer costs to unravel the Macross/Robotech rights disputes for the western world would probably sink Nozomi/Lucky Penny...
Maybe someone as big as for ex. Warner Brothers could bully their way through that mess, but I don't see them investing in something that 99% sure won't recap them their lawyer + licencing + production costs...

#47190 - 01/16/13 10:40 PM Re: Lucky Penny License Requests 2013 [Re: LordGeo]
GaijinKing Offline
UPSF Ensign

I like Right Stuf's release of the Yamamoto Yohko OVA, and I'd like to see the 26-episode TV series brought over here.

#47199 - 01/17/13 03:42 AM Re: Lucky Penny License Requests 2013 [Re: GaijinKing]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: GaijinKing
I like Right Stuf's release of the Yamamoto Yohko OVA, and I'd like to see the 26-episode TV series brought over here.

Oh, yes, that TV series would be an instabuy for me. (I saw some Yamamoto Yohko at a convention long ago, bought the DVD thinking it was what I had watched and got annoyed that it was only some side stories/specials to the series I had watched at that convention...)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.